• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alice in Wonderland
    Sock Puppet
    • Feb 2009

[Question] Disney Face Character Auditions

Let's discuss Face Character auditions at Disneyland.

How do they work? And how can you get cast?
    Last edited by Dustysage; 02-19-2010, 02:35 PM. Reason: First post must set up the thread

• RescueTheDay
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2008

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

They audition starts off with them lining you up in groups of 10 and they will just look at everyones faces. From there they cut A LOT of people. After that they will either re look at everyone they've kept and make a cut again or they will teach you a simple dance routine. From there they make another cut. After that they'll begin to wig people and have some people do readings. Yet again they will make cuts and look at people in wigs again.

Each audition is different though so you never know. Here at Disneyland California they do not make you do fur characters if you do face.

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
      Sock Puppet
      • Feb 2009

Thanks a bunch that helped!

Comment

• Katara Mai
        New MiceChatter
        • Jan 2009

Good luck at auditions (when you're old enough). I wanted to point out that if you're Alice, you will most likely be Wendy, too. I would say 99% (if not all) actors who are cast as Alice are also cast as Wendy (and vice versa). This is because both characters were sketched from the same model and voiced by the same person (Kathryn Beaumont, in both cases), are both 10-12 year old British girls, and are thus very similar in character. Again, good luck!

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
          Sock Puppet
          • Feb 2009

Oh, I love Wendy too!
          I had no clue about that. That's really interesting. Thanks for the info

Comment

• Wavy Blue
            Honorary Dapper Dan
            • Jul 2008

I have a random question about this, because I'm thinking of doing DCP next summer...

Are freckles an instant cut? I'm a 5'2" redhead, but it seems like none of the characters have freckles, and I have freckles. Just wondering if I'd even have a chance.
            "I can stand the sight of worms,
            and look at microscopic germs,
            but technicolor pachyderms
            are really too much for me."

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
              Sock Puppet
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Wavy Blue View Post
              I have a random question about this, because I'm thinking of doing DCP next summer...

Are freckles an instant cut? I'm a 5'2" redhead, but it seems like none of the characters have freckles, and I have freckles. Just wondering if I'd even have a chance.
              Hm, I don't think so. You can cover them up with makeup if needed im sure.
              Last edited by Alice in Wonderland; 08-30-2009, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• whitealexander
                MiceChatter
                • Jan 2009

its really hard to get in.. but i pray you for good luck.. you can post pics too btw..
                just do what you think...

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
                  Sock Puppet
                  • Feb 2009

Yes Wavy Blue post a picture
                  I'll post one!

Comment

• littlecricket
                    Cherry Tart
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Wavy Blue View Post

Freckles are not an instant cut, but I really only know one princess who even has freckles. The casting director really does like to look for clear porcelain skin, so I would say having freckles will decrease your chances sadly. I should know, I'm freckled as well and I've never made it past the first cut.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

• DisneyMouse
                      Don't lets be silly! �o�
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by whitealexander View Post
                      its really hard to get in.. but i pray you for good luck.. you can post pics too btw..
                      If you want to try and make it pass the first cut or work for Disney, I wouldn't be taking any pictures back stage and posting them on any public forum.

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
                        Sock Puppet
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by whitealexander View Post
                        Oh, I thought he meant like post a picture of herself

Comment

• american_werewolf
                          Lycanthropic Tendencies
                          • Feb 2008

i sometimes thought of auditioning for fur characters, since i'm pretty wacky and animated person anyways. a manager at my last job worked at DL as multilple fur characters and he told me how they have u do something on the spot, like pantomiming or something.

anyways as far as face characters go one of the vendors i work with is interested in doing that. she has porcelain skin with black hair. so she could be good as Snow White maybe or wear a wig for being another character i guess.

anyways i assume being cast as a face character is a lot harder than getting cast as a fur character. i remember when i was a kid i used to wanna grow up and be Goofy lol. sometimes i still think about that. i'm 6ft so i would need to be one of the taller characters.

anyways good luck to u guys.
                          "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
                            Sock Puppet
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by american_werewolf View Post
                            i sometimes thought of auditioning for fur characters, since i'm pretty wacky and animated person anyways. a manager at my last job worked at DL as multilple fur characters and he told me how they have u do something on the spot, like pantomiming or something.

anyways as far as face characters go one of the vendors i work with is interested in doing that. she has porcelain skin with black hair. so she could be good as Snow White maybe or wear a wig for being another character i guess.

anyways i assume being cast as a face character is a lot harder than getting cast as a fur character. i remember when i was a kid i used to wanna grow up and be Goofy lol. sometimes i still think about that. i'm 6ft so i would need to be one of the taller characters.

anyways good luck to u guys.
                            Haha how cute, goofy You could be the queen of hearts, i think! haha. Thanks I cannot wait till i'm old enough.

Comment

• american_werewolf
                              Lycanthropic Tendencies
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
                              Haha how cute, goofy You could be the queen of hearts, i think! haha. Thanks I cannot wait till i'm old enough.
                              Queen of Hearts lol.

i remember back in high school they were scouting for auditions at my school, but i was too young at the time.
                              "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
                                Sock Puppet
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by american_werewolf View Post
                                Queen of Hearts lol.

i remember back in high school they were scouting for auditions at my school, but i was too young at the time.
                                Aw, oh really? That's how I feel! Haha
                                I wish they would change the age back to 16, I think it's 18 now

Comment

• LovelyLocks
                                  Honorary Mermaid.
                                  • Oct 2008

It's so intimidating how precise they are as far as looks go.
                                  I couldn't imagine getting lined up and being straight up judged by just your appearance.
                                  All I imagine is casting directors saying "lose 10 pounds!" or "your nose is too big!" (but something tells me Disney wouldn't do that...please tell me Disney wouldn't do that).
                                  I understand though, that's how they find perfect look-a-like characters!

And I'm not gonna lie, I secretly (okay maybe not so secretly) wish I could be cast as a princess. Preferably that of the... ahem, mermaid descent.

Comment

• DisneyMouse
                                    Don't lets be silly! �o�
                                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by LovelyLocks View Post
                                    All I imagine is casting directors saying "lose 10 pounds!" or "your nose is too big!" (but something tells me Disney wouldn't do that...please tell me Disney wouldn't do that).
                                    I understand though, that's how they find perfect look-a-like characters!
                                    They wouldn't do that... You're either asked to stay, or leave... that simple. They don't belittle people in the process. This isn't American Idol, it's Disney, and they have a little more respect for people then that.

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
                                      Sock Puppet
                                      • Feb 2009

To Lovelylocks and Disneymouse, i'm happy they don't do that! and I could never imagine them doing that since it is disney. To lovely locks, ofcourse you could be a princess! Other then Ariel too You should definitely try out!

Comment

• LovelyLocks
                                        Honorary Mermaid.
                                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DisneyMouse View Post
                                        They wouldn't do that... You're either asked to stay, or leave... that simple. They don't belittle people in the process. This isn't American Idol, it's Disney, and they have a little more respect for people then that.
                                        okay good, haha.
                                        But still! I read an article somewhere on a girl who used to be a princess and she said the judges were known to make rude comments.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X