This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Fantasmic! tonight Glitches and Restart of the show

Wow, so it all started out fine, when all of a sudden there was a glitch in the music during mickey's water orchestra, then the mist screens shot up, there was no projection, the music glitched again and the screen just froze in random segments of the video, then in big words it stated something like "Projections of, Something Projector 2008" they then got back to normal.

It was all fine until the monkey segment, the monkeys did their scene when all of a sudden while the elephants showed up on the screen the music just stopped while the projections still going... All the lights around the river popped on with the water screens still going, the water screens stayed on for probly about 5 mins when the announcement finally came on around 8:10 " Sorry due to technical difficulties..... show will resume in just a few moments, thank you!" We then sat there for about 15 mins when around 8:25 an other announcement came up saying, "thank you for your patients, the show will be underway very soon" Finally around 8:33 "Welcome to Fantasmic!" Came over the river and everyone cheered.... it was a kool experience!! The rest of the show was very good (just no fireworks up to the flower part, hints they were already used)

I have vids, I will upload them tomorrow. Thanks!

Re: Fantasmic! tonight Glitches and Restart of the show

On Saturday night at 10:30, the "Welcome to Fantasmic!...." began... then all the sudden the lights went out...and the sparkling lights on the island were going off...and then all the sudden it stopped....and then about 5 minutes later the show started again...it was weird...and then Sunday night, as I was heading over to see the 10:30 showing again, at about 10pm the finale music started blasting in the speakers for about 6 seconds...it was so strange!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

I was there tonight when Fantasmic Glitched. It was kinda a sight to see..the audience roared with applause when the show went off a second time...

am I the only one who thinks Fantasmic needs an extended rehab?

Muppets are Totally Ab-Fab!

Professor Phantasma- Making inopportune comments about your Uggs since 2006

Comment

Fantasmic has been getting extended refurbs, and has one coming in April. Technical issues arise, that is the trouble with using computers to control an entire show. It's live theatre bubs.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
        ~

Comment

Ya know, the show was originally only intended to be temporary. Maybe it's starting to show it's age FINALLY. Great show though!
          - J. Darling
          Singer, songwriter, paper pusher, boxer owner, student, and all around Disney fanatic.
          Loving my Disneyland Annual Pass!
          Next trip to WDW: 12/1-12/6/09!
          Next trip to DLR: This week!
          See ya in the parks!

Comment

The show was having some glitches this past Thursday night as well. The dragon didn't make his appearance, Mickey's sword wasn't completely working, the Twain was late on her cue, and during her pass of show center the show lights went out and the normal NOS lighting came back up.

It was an interesting change to the normal show to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLefou View Post

am I the only one who thinks Fantasmic needs an extended rehab?
              it' gets rehabs and upgrades all the time... it's just clear that the new projectors still have some kinks to be worked out. i'm not really surprised, it happens all the time when someone makes the switch from analog to digital. i'm sure as they go they'll figure out the bugs and get them fixed, you just have to find problems like that the hard way sometimes. plus the downtime later this spring may help, giving them lots of rehearsals and stuff before it goes back up.
              "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Not just the projectors but new lighting in general that they got.. Kinks are annoying but 99% of the time the audience is seeing the show properly. And even though it's bad show to have to restart it, you have to admit the audience does get a kick out of it and doesn't start thinking negatively towards disney over it.

Comment

Originally posted by JDarling View Post
                  Ya know, the show was originally only intended to be temporary. Maybe it's starting to show it's age FINALLY. Great show though!
                  Yes and no.

Yes, it's showing it's age, but that age is too young. The brand new control systems in place still have their kinks, and it takes time and errors to tweak everything to be just right.

These glitches happen so rarely (and many go unnoticed) that most guests don't even know they happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post
                    Technical issues arise, that is the trouble with using computers to control an entire show. It's live theatre bubs.

It isn't live theater, it's a spectacular and that's the only way to operate a show like this. In the end the show control is significantly more precise and reliable. Even if they were human operators they'd still be pushing buttons on a computer lightboard, computer media server, computer pyrotechnics console, etc

Comment

Originally posted by princedalton View Post
                      On Saturday night at 10:30, the "Welcome to Fantasmic!...." began... then all the sudden the lights went out...and the sparkling lights on the island were going off...and then all the sudden it stopped....and then about 5 minutes later the show started again...it was weird...and then Sunday night, as I was heading over to see the 10:30 showing again, at about 10pm the finale music started blasting in the speakers for about 6 seconds...it was so strange!
                      I was there for this one. I heard about last night rondevu. Ahah.
                      Yeah, since we got our new projectors sometimes they like to act up Silly projectors

Comment

Originally posted by DeliriumTrigger View Post
                        The show was having some glitches this past Thursday night as well. The dragon didn't make his appearance, Mickey's sword wasn't completely working, the Twain was late on her cue, and during her pass of show center the show lights went out and the normal NOS lighting came back up.

It was an interesting change to the normal show to say the least.
                        BTW;
                        The dragon will be down untill parades comes back, its very sad. Malificent will be chilling up there for the rest of the month

Comment

Originally posted by princedalton View Post

You went to Disneyland without me?!?!!?
                          sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Originally posted by EliteGCUnit View Post
                            BTW;
                            The dragon will be down untill parades comes back, its very sad. Malificent will be chilling up there for the rest of the month
                            Bucky was there last night?! He was working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteGCUnit View Post
                              BTW;
                              Nope. Dragon's been back for a few days. It will go down in March and the show will follow at the end of March.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X