• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterGracey1969
    Go DCA, Go! :D
    • Jan 2009

[Chat] Does it bother you?

IMO, it bothers me when I see the Haunted Mansion so close to Splash Mountain. So the real topic is, are there any rides that have intrusions next door? Love to hear people's opinion!
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

• WDITrent
    We Go On.
    • Jun 2008

Re: Does it bother you?

^No, Splash Mountain was designed to compliment the Haunted Mansion, so it never bothered me. I actually think they did a really good job.

I think the worst thing... Astro Orbitor. Seen from Plaza Gardens, Adventrueland, even Frontierland sometimes.

Comment

• The Disneylander
      Knows Where His Towel Is
      • Jul 2007

Astro Orbitor for sure. Also, BTMR. It can be seen from NOS and CC.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
      HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
      ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
      FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

• cticket
        Disney Geek
        • Feb 2008

^^ Agreed. Astro Orbiter is an eye sore where it is located.
        sigpic

Comment

• Dlandclub33
          MiceChatter
          • Jul 2008

I say the matterhorn! can be seen from bout anywhere in the park!

Comment

• OldSchoolMickey
            MiceChatter
            • Sep 2008

"Does it bother you?"

Nope, doesn't bother me...

Comment

• Hank Hill
              MiceChatter
              • Apr 2006

Monsters, Inc. has a horrible contrast with Hollywood Pictures Backlot theme.

Comment

• Eric5675
                Senior Monorail Minion
                • Mar 2008

It doesn't bother me, but a Swiss Mountain next to giant caterpillars, flowers, and leaves that is encirled by a monorail and submarines

Oh yeah, just a little contrast, but I think it blends well and is freakin awesome!
                WELCOME ABOARD
                THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

• RegionsBeyond
                  Unnatural and dreadful

MiceChat Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

There are some odd choices, Splash Mountain looks odd if you are standing from the HM porch, to me, but doesn't horribly offend me.

I really dig the Matterhorn area myself, even though all the elements are rather random...swiss mountain + cartoon giant flowers + monoral + sub lagoon. But it works.

For me, simply put...the giant lagoon as part of Tomorrowland itself...not so much.
                  when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

• disneylandfan95
                    MiceChatter
                    • Oct 2008

It bothers me that you can see Space Mountain from Main Street and the Hub, but about Splash Mountain next to the Haunted Mansion, no.

Comment

• Ortizmo2000
                      Greetings, Program!
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by cticket View Post
                      ^^ Agreed. Astro Orbiter is an eye sore where it is located.
                      Hear, hear.
                      "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

• cositaluvsmickey
                        Only the Lonely
                        • Feb 2009

I don't know if this counts as a ride..but the skeleton frame of the rocket jets bothers me..I don't know why it just does.
                        "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

• Ortizmo2000
                          Greetings, Program!
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
                          I don't know if this counts as a ride..but the skeleton frame of the rocket jets bothers me..I don't know why it just does.
                          You mean the "Observatron"??????

Yeah, never could figure out the purpose of that mess!
                          "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

• Alex E
                            Banned User
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
                            "Does it bother you?"

Nope, doesn't bother me...
                            Same here. To me it's even more of a reminder of where I am; where anything is possible.

Comment

• TacAlert
                              C4C6C

• Jan 2005

Originally posted by MasterGracey1969 View Post
                              IMO, it bothers me when I see the Haunted Mansion so close to Splash Mountain. So the real topic is, are there any rides that have intrusions next door? Love to hear people's opinion!
                              Your not serious are you? I mean, it really bothers you? Like how? You can't go to that side of the park it bothers you? Or you get sick it bothers you?
                              "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

• codelyokorox
                                Adventurer Slash Explorer
                                • May 2007

I like the odd combination of Disneyland. It just seems... right, maybe? I don't know. I don't mind much of anything. Except for the 'observatron' or whatever. The gold thing where the rockets used to be that lights up and rotates every half hour or whatever?

What does that do? Or what's it supposed to do? It seems random, and nobody seems to understand.
                                Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

• brand42
                                  we jumped out a window
                                  • Jun 2008

I don't like being able to see the Anaheim Convention Center from California Screamin'.

As much as I like riding on the Monorail, I don't like seeing all the businesses/restaurants along Harbor Blvd.

Comment

• tomrules1955
                                    Here's my 2 cents
                                    • Feb 2009

Astro Orbitor is the worst hands down, the observatron is the next, I think it was supposed to do some fancy light show thing every hour and some agency had a problem with them shooting lights in the air every hour so now it just sits there looking creepy like a relic from "War of The Worlds"

BUT I''ve always been bugged by another Pressler era masterpiece; the tree stump entrance for tarzans treehouse. Dumped smack in the middle of the main traffic zone of adventureland and at the foot of the bridge over POTC that was created to HELP traffic flow, brilliant!
                                    sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                                      Beach Expert
                                      • Sep 2006

Seeing Anaheim from the monorail doesn't bother me so much. It is supposed to demonstrate the transportation system of the future, so going along Harbor Blvd actually adds to the theme.

I also don't mind seeing the convention center from Screamin' (or the Sun Wheel or Maliboomer for that matter) because those are carnival/Magic Mountain-type rides and because Magic Mountain doesn't give a hoot about theming, these rides shouldn't either. These visual incongruencies imo actually contribute to the boardwalk theme rather than detracting from it.

You can also see downtown Los Angeles from the top of TOT. But, since TOT is supposed to be located in Hollywood, this is the only TOT at any Disney Park that you can see the actual city that this attraction is supposed to be in.

Things like this used to stress me out a lot more when I was younger. Then I saw some footage of Main Street taken back in the 50s (I wish I remember where I saw it). Behind the Main Street buildings as you enter toward the right, you can easily see the rocket in Tomorrowland looming from behind these buildings. After I saw that image, I became less critical of these things.

Disneyland has a way of presenting things that may not make sense together in a way that either makes total sense or blends in enough to be ingored. Otherwise, we wouldn't be looking at a fairy tale castle, but instead a victorian mansion.

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                                        Beach Expert
                                        • Sep 2006

^hoping most of that makes sense.

I'm here at work, scanning documents and I am bored out of my mind!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X