Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

    I'm a little confused. In the article about Lincoln coming back (which is great!), it says the First 50 Magical Years is only going on hiatus and will be presented as part of the Disneyland Story in the Opera House Lobby. Now does that mean that the movie itself will still be presented, just on a small screen in the lobby? Or do they mean the displays and exhibits. As excited as I am to see Lincoln back and some new things in the Opera House, I'm a little sad to see the movie go. I know it was only meant for the 50th, but it's a great little film and it always makes me so happy everytime I see it!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

  • #2
    Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

    Originally posted by princedalton View Post
    I'm a little confused. In the article about Lincoln coming back (which is great!), it says the First 50 Magical Years is only going on hiatus and will be presented as part of the Disneyland Story in the Opera House Lobby. Now does that mean that the movie itself will still be presented, just on a small screen in the lobby? Or do they mean the displays and exhibits. As excited as I am to see Lincoln back and some new things in the Opera House, I'm a little sad to see the movie go. I know it was only meant for the 50th, but it's a great little film and it always makes me so happy everytime I see it!
    They're probably going to show it on that little screen on the left as you enter the main lobby.
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

      Basically the answer is the Movie will be on a smaller screen in the Lobby, playing in a loop.

      As for the rest of the lobby, it will be a combination of "museum" like items not for sale, and then other "high end" items that will be on sale, similar to what the Disney Gallery was like above Pirates of the Caribbean.
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

        Wow! That was always my idea to run them both. I guess Disney does read MiceChat.
        sigpic

        This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

          Oh that is GREAT! That movie is fantastic and I am so happy that Lincoln is coming back! Hooray!
          *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

            I'm surprised they haven't sold a DVD version of it.

            Or should I add, "yet"???

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

              I wish they would...my son is in it...we love watching "his" movie!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

                Originally posted by dmomof4 View Post
                I wish they would...my son is in it...we love watching "his" movie!
                What scene is your mom in?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

                  Originally posted by startours1 View Post
                  What scene is your mom in?

                  My son is the Blue Power Ranger right after you see Walt doing his Opening Day Speech... :-) My son becomes the center of the castle!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

                    Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
                    I'm surprised they haven't sold a DVD version of it.

                    Or should I add, "yet"???
                    [derail]
                    You know, I've been somewhat surprised by the things that Disneyland merchandising doesn't do sometimes.

                    I remember when they came out with this Disneyland Marquee...



                    ... for the "50 Years of Magical Memories" event. I was sure that they would reproduce this en masse since they limited the release to only 300 for the anniversary event. But they never did. Frankly, I was surprised. I thought they could sell a bunch of these if they had 'em for sale in the Park.

                    Oh well... I got mine. Sold the pins for more than I paid for the whole marquee.

                    [/derail]
                    Charlie :wave:
                    MiceChat User #1037

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

                      Yeah I wish they made a dvd but made it longer with more detail about each ride

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

                        And the various recent fireworks shows!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

                          I am glad to hear they are going to mix the two. I love giant the scale model of Disneyland. And even though I have seen it maybe a dozen time, the movie is good.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

                            Originally posted by dmomof4 View Post
                            My son is the Blue Power Ranger right after you see Walt doing his Opening Day Speech... :-) My son becomes the center of the castle!
                            How cool!!! I remember seeing him. he is one of the very first pictures shown right!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disneyland the First 50 Magical Years

                              Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
                              How cool!!! I remember seeing him. he is one of the very first pictures shown right!!!

                              Yep!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X