Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you imagine a life without Disneyland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Could you imagine a life without Disneyland?

Whenever I try to imagaine no disneyland, I get shivers down my spine. I literally thank the good lord for giving us Walt Disney. It was his dreams and his brillance that gave us something so wonderful that we cherish.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Re: Could you imagine a life without Disneyland?

There is a difference between life w/o Disneyland as in it never was built and if it was closed down forever.

Once you've tasted it, most folks desire it.

If you never knew it existed, life would be what you make of it.

If DL was to close tomorrow, our lives would go on...

Comment

Yes, it's called living in Provo.

Comment

How could you miss something that never existed. However, back in the days before Eiser came along and DL was in danger of becoming a Six Flags propperty I was sick to my stomach over the possible loss.
        sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

In the words of a well known song from just a few (OK, more than a few) years back...

And if that's not loving me, then all i've got to say,
          God didn't make the little green apples, and it don't rain in indianapolis in the summer time.
          And there's no such thing as dr. seuss or Disneyland, mother goose, no nursery rhymes.
          -- Little Green Apples
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Well if it were to close down in the future, I would be VERY upset. If it had never existed, then I would get on with my boring life!
            "To all who come to this happy place - welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. Thank you."

—Walter E. Disney, July 17, 1955

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!sigpic

Comment

The world will never be this colorful without Disneyland...hehehe
              Music is my LIFE!!!

Comment

No.

Comment

If Disneyland had never existed I wouldn't really know what I was missing in the first place and I would probably be wrapped up in other hobbies.

Now, if it were to close down for some reason, I seriously don't know what I would do. But honestly, it won't be closing down any time soon.

However, I never heard of this:

Originally posted by tomrules1955 View Post
                  However, back in the days before Eiser came along and DL was in danger of becoming a Six Flags propperty I was sick to my stomach over the possible loss.
                  Is that true? If so, woah!

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                    In the words of a well known song from just a few (OK, more than a few) years back...

-- Little Green Apples
                    That sounds like an interesting song . . . What's it called? :]
                    sigpic Can dreams really come true?

Comment

Yes. Disneyland is a fun place to visit, but there are plenty of other things to do that are fun. And several of them don't even cost $100 to enjoy.

Comment

How could you miss something that never existed.
                        I miss my flying car every day.
                        "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
                          There is a difference between life w/o Disneyland as in it never was built and if it was closed down forever.

Once you've tasted it, most folks desire it.

If you never knew it existed, life would be what you make of it.

If DL was to close tomorrow, our lives would go on...

Don't be so sure! I would go mad without DL!!!!!!!!:bang:

Comment

I don't know what my life would be like if Walt or Disneyland never existed. I really don't know and I don't like even thinking about it.
                            *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

How could you miss something that never existed. However, back in the days before Eiser came along and DL was in danger of becoming a Six Flags propperty I was sick to my stomach over the possible loss.
                              Believe it or not, I'm pretty sure this is true. My mom worked for Team Disney Orlando in the late 80s/early 90s, and she said all the other employees had horror stories about the early 80s before Eisner. No one was sure how Disney would emerge out of its financial crisis. It was this mentality that brought about leasing the land near EPCOT Center for the Swan & Dolphin, because they were so desperate for cash that they would do anything. One of the options they considered was selling Disneyland.

Really, for all the criticism of what Disneyland has gotten in the past decade or so, we really don't have it so bad considering what could have been.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X