This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is on top of starcade

Just wondering because I cant really remember but what is at the top of the escalator in starcade besides the big x wing. Looks like good sit down restaraunt space (possible a good view of tommorowland) or maybe like someone said a que for people mover.

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Re: What is on top of starcade

Right now? Just a place to store stuff. Back in its day, it was were old arcade games went to die. Like Florida and old people. There was NOTHING special up there. Only reason people went up there was to ride the speed ramp ride, and then ride it back down.

In my openion, Starcade would be best just to be shut down, and turned into the Q for People Mover 2. The PM track runs along the back side of the 2nd floor walls. StarCade is just dead now a days. People can play 90% of those games at home on there Xbox or PS2. Why pay 50$+ to pay to play games?

Comment

I totally feel the same way. I dont go there to play video games. The only exception would be if there was something futuristic which none of that is. Paying a buck into that teddy bear claw machine aint worth having there.

Comment

anybody got any pics of whats up there from the inside???

Comment

Originally posted by gibbage
          Right now? Just a place to store stuff. Back in its day, it was were old arcade games went to die. Like Florida and old people. There was NOTHING special up there. Only reason people went up there was to ride the speed ramp ride, and then ride it back down.

In my openion, Starcade would be best just to be shut down, and turned into the Q for People Mover 2. The PM track runs along the back side of the 2nd floor walls. StarCade is just dead now a days. People can play 90% of those games at home on there Xbox or PS2. Why pay 50$+ to pay to play games?
          Most of those games are arcade only. It's a good place if you have a mother who is afraid of Roller Coasters and you decide to stay with her while your brother and father use the last 2 Fasts Passes on Space Mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofster
            anybody got any pics of whats up there from the inside???
            There is just mostly open space. We could see through a crack in the door and it looked like paint supplies and a ladder or two. There is also a huge replica of an X-wing fighter hanging from the ceiling!
            Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
            FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
            I bring the magic!!!
            "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
            Originally posted by Reverend DMother
            Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

It's not entirely empty. I've seen people sitting at desks in there a couple times with a computer setup.

Comment

When we were in line on the soft reopening day (it was a Friday sometime around July 1). Disneyphile shared what I think is an EXCELLENT idea for the area:

Turn it into Milliways*

It would be a sit-down restaurant (and as LSPE pointed out to me last night, only the second true sit-down restaurant in DL [not counting of course C33 which is not accessible to the general public]). About every 45 minutes or so, diners would get to experience the end of the universe (possibilities abound with this concept). It fits in perfectly with the Tomorrowland basic concept and Disney already has ties with HHGTTG.

* From this site: Milliways is, of course, better known as the Restaurant at the End of the Universe (from a book of the same name from the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" series of books by Douglas Adams).

Max Quordlepleen is your host for an evening of fine food, fine wine [although this wouldn't happen in DL], and a floorshow featuring the universe as we know it boiling away into the cosmic void.

The Restaurant has some of the most staggeringly extravagant decor ever seen, a variety of the strangest guests from throughout history, and serves a particularly fine PanGalactic Gargle Blaster.

Despite the staggering expense of eating there, it remains popular with everyone from disciples of the Great Prophet Zarquon to dead Rock stars.

We recommend the steak.
                I need to get a life...

Comment

Queue for the peoplemover? Hmm. I guess people do really want it back badly if it'll have lines.
                  How does it connect to the tower...or does Disneyland's PM not load in the middle like WDWs...

Comment

My boyfriend always has to go in there and play games. It's so annoying. Half those games in there he can play in the arcade at his job lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
                      Queue for the peoplemover? Hmm. I guess people do really want it back badly if it'll have lines.
                      How does it connect to the tower...or does Disneyland's PM not load in the middle like WDWs...
                      When it was people mover, they had a speed ramp in the middle that took you to the tower and loaded you on. The platform was a circle under the Astro Rockets or whatever its name was. When it became Rocket Rods, they removed the speed ramp, put an underground tunner to the tower, and stairs in the middle of the tower. The load area was still a circle. I think that circle area would be better suited as a ride element then a load area since its a confined space and difficult to access. The underground tunnel is no longer viable since Buz Lightyear ate up that area. Even a bridge from the StarCade to the circle area is an option if the track is not suitable for a load area inside the StarCade.

That area is great realestate. Right between Star Tours and SM! Its a shame if they dont do SOMETHING with it.

Comment

Another little-known piece of valuable real estate that could be put to use, but is basically left empty instead.
                        • Big Thunder Ranch and Festival of Fools area. Do you realize that both POTC show buildings could fit back there? Just plop in a new ride with an entrance on Big Thunder Trail. The Fantasyland Theater takes up a lot of space, too--if it were removed, there'd be room for two or three new rides between the north bend of RoA and the west side of Fantasyland. Although the Fantasyland Theater can be used in marvelous ways as it is.
                        • North end of Tom Sawyer's Island. Not much up there, except the burning cabin that doesn't burn. Fort Wilderness should either be put to use or be replaced by something that is put to use.
                        • Area that was formerly Cascade Peak. There's room to put in a sit-down restaurant or, perhaps even better,
                        • Backstage area behind Space Mountain, east of Main Street. I know that space is used, but it looks like there's not a whole lot back there--it could probably be moved.
                        • Innoventions. Whoops, Freudian slip. :blush:
                        • Motorboat Cruise area. Okay, that's not going to be empty too much longer.

Who says there's no more room at Disneyland?

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister
                          Another little-known piece of valuable real estate that could be put to use, but is basically left empty instead.
                          • Big Thunder Ranch and Festival of Fools area. Do you realize that both POTC show buildings could fit back there? Just plop in a new ride with an entrance on Big Thunder Trail. The Fantasyland Theater takes up a lot of space, too--if it were removed, there'd be room for two or three new rides between the north bend of RoA and the west side of Fantasyland. Although the Fantasyland Theater can be used in marvelous ways as it is.
                          • North end of Tom Sawyer's Island. Not much up there, except the burning cabin that doesn't burn. Fort Wilderness should either be put to use or be replaced by something that is put to use.
                          • Area that was formerly Cascade Peak. There's room to put in a sit-down restaurant or, perhaps even better,
                          • Backstage area behind Space Mountain, east of Main Street. I know that space is used, but it looks like there's not a whole lot back there--it could probably be moved.
                          • Innoventions. Whoops, Freudian slip. :blush:
                          • Motorboat Cruise area. Okay, that's not going to be empty too much longer.

Who says there's no more room at Disneyland?
                          I had no idea there was that much room in the Big Thunder Ranch area. It really should be used for something. What was Cascade Peak?

Comment

Originally posted by Goofster
                            Just wondering because I cant really remember but what is at the top of the escalator in starcade besides the big x wing. Looks like good sit down restaraunt space (possible a good view of tommorowland) or maybe like someone said a que for people mover.
                            They had air hockey tables up there .. with a host of other arcade games, same as below .. all throughout the years from 1977 leading up to the mid 1990s. Then as newer games came in .... they increasingly became more violent. Then in 1999 a move was made to take out every violent oriented game on both levels. They condensed what was left ... packed what they could on the first floor ......... and left the upper floor abandoned for all eternity. Gee ... Disney leaving attraction facilities to collect dust - how novel!

Anyway ... So since 1999 .. it has remained empty up there. 6 years! It's absurd. But that's the Disney way these days!

Comment

They still have somewhat violent games. Star Wars, Tokyo Wars. And Crazy Taxi has language... It's been empty since more like 1996, Escape, since they took Toy Story Funhouse out.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X