This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Disneyland's Next E-Ticket?

What would you like to see as Disneylands next E-Ticket attraction?

Personally I think a new high tech dark ride in Fantasyland. I was thinking like a Spiderman/DarKastle type system but instead with different stories like Jack and the Bean Stock, Mother Goose, Humpty Dumpty and other fairy tales Disney hasn't done.
    Last edited by Ice101; 03-15-2009, 05:40 PM.

Re: Disneyland's Next E-Ticket?

I like the idea, but only if it were a Disney animated classic.

As for an E-ticket, which a dark ride really isn't, we need a new mountain.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

I'd like a new dark ride with some thrill elements in TL where Innoventions is probably most. Some kind of futuristic adventure attraction that's "realistic" and not cartoony and offer a TL version of the great dark rides on the other side of the park.
      The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
      -Walt Disney

Comment

My thoughts exactly, Uncle Bob.

Comment

Disney has a really deep reservoir of their own properties they haven't moved into the theme parks yet, they don't need to go to "outside material" like the Grimm fairy tales. They've done "Mickey and the Beanstalk" as a cartoon short already, but beyond that I think they're trying to downplay the 'Fab 5' in Fantasyland.

If you are fixated on doing something in Fantasyland, there is the space from the old Skyway Station that can be used, but they would need a new show building on the hill. They could go for blending in the Toy Story Midway Mania shooters or Tokyo Monster's Inc. style interaction, where the kids have their "flashlights" and trigger effects. That could make a nice ride in a restricted space. Perhaps themed on a slightly older property that almost fits the period of Fantasyland - say "Hunchback of Notre Dame"...

But if you are thinking true "E-Ticket, that takes some room and some thrills. That would be better aimed at something like a total revamp of Rocket Rods into more of a coaster ride with cars that can actually get moving, and a new show building and/or totally rebuilt and extended track over the Sub Lagoon to do the zipping around in/on.

--<< Bruce >>--
          There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Tomorrowland, as has been stated, could do with a good, immersive dark ride to kick out Innoventions...something maybe with "realistic" aliens and high speed portions, like a trip to a alien world...if they could get a Journey to the Center of the Earth type conveyance from DisneySea, that would be cool.
            when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
              If you are fixated on doing something in Fantasyland, there is the space from the old Skyway Station that can be used, but they would need a new show building on the hill.
              Probably not big enough, sadly. That's actually a pretty small space. There's a backstage tunnel that goes beneath it at ground level, and the hill is certainly larger than the station, but it'd be pretty difficult to fit something up there. I dunno...actually, it's more feasible than I initially thought. Interesting idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                Probably not big enough, sadly. That's actually a pretty small space. There's a backstage tunnel that goes beneath it at ground level, and the hill is certainly larger than the station, but it'd be pretty difficult to fit something up there. I dunno...actually, it's more feasible than I initially thought. Interesting idea.
                Quite a bit of room, actually. You scrape the whole hill away down to below the tunnel level, then build a full basement, then replace the Tunnel and grade level and build a first floor, then the second floor that would be the "Chalet" replacement. Berm up all the earth around the Onstage sides of the 'First Floor' again, save for the HCA door at grade level...

And you have a good sized building for a Dark Ride (or two) in the same footprint as the Skyway chalet. With minimal visual impact, because the berm is replaced.

Now then, you were saying...?

--<< Bruce >>--
                There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I would love to see... something done with Kingdom Hearts in Fantasyland

That series has enough Disney in it to blend with the awesome storytelling and awesomeness of the game. Maybe they could have a facade that looks like Kingdom Hearts itself [for those that dont know... Kingdom Hearts is the name of that giant white door that holds the power of light or darkness contained in it]

It would be nice to see something done since you could incorporate all type of Disney worlds and stories into one adventure that could be interchangable. Now I know I am thinking far out but using my imagination for a second and doing some armchair imagineering.

Imagine entering through Kingdom Hearts which is conveniently located near the parade route on small world mall which the giant doorway then is semi cracked open [just like in the game] which is where the que starts and people walk in through the giant door crack thats open... This would be the Darker door of Kingdom hearts that then leads into a smaller que tunnel which is darker and transitions into the stairway and rotunda that has the stained glass look with a disney princess design. The rotunda would be about the size of the circlevision theater and would house most of the line like Rocket Rods did. The walls to this rotunda would be pitch black and would be space like with small lights to look like stars just like in the opening sequence to the game where Sora is

If anyone has played the first Kingdom Hearts game you might have an idea what I am talking about... basically the que would recreate the first segment of the game where Sora is in this spacy like place and the floors are stained glass with emblems of Disney princesses on them.

The line would then filter in people in groups into the end of the rotunda with the smaller door and the door would automagtically open to the group and let people in through the door [think transitioning of story to the preshow just like Tower of Terror]

The group would then go through the door into the preshow room and a voice in the room would be saying how we have been chosen by Kingdom Hearts as warriors of light and to step forward into the void. Which the preshow room looks like a black void at first but when everyone goes into the preshow room since the walls are like screens then eveything becomes white and the room starts looking hazy and then it turns into something that looks like the main chamber in Yen Sid's castle. Yen Sid comes walking out with Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather along with a few of his walking brooms and tells you how Darkness is attempting to take over the thread of reality. As warriors of light he tells us to find either Sora, Donald, Goofy or King Mickey to assist in the great battle against Ansem and the darkness. Now because he will address a different main character to each group this is where the fun of different ride experiences comes in as the ending of the ride would end with you meeting a specific character.

This would then lead into where the actual attraction would take place... the attraction itself would make use of the Robot Arm type of ride but on a larger scale with 3D Goggles you wear securely. Think something like Star Tours/Soarin hybrid but without the dated Technology. The ride would be a simulator attraction with some wild 3D effects.

I know I thinking off the top of my head but I would think the story on the attraction could incorporate the many worlds of Disney movies from the game, include the princesses of heart [Jasmine, Alice, Snow White, Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, Kairi]... It would involve Maleficent and her army of Heartless trying to stop you while in the world, it would involve one major Disney Villan that she summons in the Disney themed world you explore, and would end with a battle against her and her dragon form. After Maleficent is defeated, you regroup with either of the 4 characters you were told to meet by Yen Sid and the void sucks you into the darkness... then Ansem makes an appearance in large form to try and Destroy the warriors of light. Then Either Mickey, Sora, Donald OR Goofy instruct you to look deep into that part of your heart and project the happiest thought and power of light at Ansem.... then theres some weird effects and ansem is defeated and Kingdom hearts sucks you into the light emitted from the door and the attraction would be over.

The film for the ride itself would have different scenes and different combinations based upon who you were told to meet during the preshow. There would also be a different Disney themed world to explore and Maleficent would appear in that world.

After the attraction ends you would exit your vehicle and through a white hall that slowly leads into the outside area towards a meet and greet.

Now keep in mind, this is only my own imagination but seriously they should tap into using Kingdom Hearts or something from this because this series took Disney and mixed it with great storytelling

Actually let me rephrase that... it took Disneys great storytelling and blended it with Square Enix's great Role Playing Games and Storytelling

And if done right, a film/Simulator attraction would not take too much space but would give the suspended disbelief of traveling a vast amount of area and with 3D effects and thrills... it would not only give a thrill to the area Between Matterhorn and Small World but also keep to the Fantasy theme of Fantasyland in addition to telling a story.

Oh and if budget is a concern... the ride in itself probably wont be too bad on budget... but the technology and getting 3D effects with a simulator attraction along with the advanced technology of interchangable ride experiences.... my thoughts are that my idea will push the budget sky high!
                  Last edited by tamasurvivor; 03-15-2009, 07:11 PM.
                  Add me... I dont bite LOL!
                  http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
                  http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                    Quite a bit of room, actually. You scrape the whole hill away down to below the tunnel level, then build a full basement, then replace the Tunnel and grade level and build a first floor, then the second floor that would be the "Chalet" replacement. Berm up all the earth around the Onstage sides of the 'First Floor' again, save for the HCA door at grade level...

And you have a good sized building for a Dark Ride (or two) in the same footprint as the Skyway chalet. With minimal visual impact, because the berm is replaced.

Now then, you were saying...?
                    I like. It'd be a bit expensive, and having to go up and down stairs would be a little less convenient for cast members and performers using that tunnel, but it ought to be manageable. That ground floor underneath the hill could be about the size of two FL dark rides...not bad at all!

Comment

Personally, I hate meet n' greets but they just won't go away. I especially hate PFF! It takes up too much room and is just a waste of space. I'd say move PFF to the Skyway Chalet which is much more themed for a Princess and use the girft carts below to sell the merch! Then use the Fantasyland Theatre for an E-ticket
                      WELCOME ABOARD
                      THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

I think it's realistic to look to the center of Tomorrowland (Innoventions location) for the next E Ticket. Reports over the last year have been that Tony Baxter is working on a new Tomorrowland. (Who knows what's going to happen with that with the economy). But I LOVE what one poster said above ...... about what to put into Innoventions' space!!

But .. not to burst anyone's bubble - Disneyland now has a 15 year gap since the last E Ticket (Indiana Jones). Largest gap in DL history .. and will continue well into the next decade.

All attention is on DCA with Little Mermaid, and Radiator Springs Racers.

If we want new E Tickets ... look south across the esplanade.

Besides which, there's hardly any available space left to do anything large scale in DL.

There's the former "Festival of Fools" arena. Someday ... that can be the next big E Ticket location. But I don't see that happening for a long time.
                        MY SIGNATURE:
                        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                          But .. not to burst anyone's bubble - Disneyland now has a 15 year gap since the last E Ticket (Indiana Jones). Largest gap in DL history .. and will continue well into the next decade.
                          True, though it's a bit different because of DCA opening in 2001, which included Soarin', a genuine E-ticket. That was only 7 years after Indy - not a particularly long gap - and only 8 years ago. By the time that figure hits 11, we'll have two more E-tickets in that park. Still sad that Disneyland isn't seeing any new ones at this point, but there's only so much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                            That was only 7 years after Indy - not a particularly long gap - and only 8 years ago.
                            "Only"? LOL

On average, DL would receive a new large scale attraction every 2 years. Sometimes every year:

1972- Country Bear Jamboree *
                            1973- Walt Disney Story
                            1974- America Sings *
                            1975- Mission To Mars
                            1977- Space Mountain *
                            1979- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad *
                            1982- New Fantasyland *
                            1984- American Journeys (Circle-Vision)
                            1985- Videopolis stage facility
                            1986- Captain EO *
                            1987- Star Tours *
                            1989- Splash Mountain *
                            1992- Fantasmic
                            1993- Toontown *
                            1994- Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin *
                            1995- Indiana Jones *

All things with an asterisk - Major/Headliner attraction
                            MY SIGNATURE:
                            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

>>but there's only so much money.<<

Oh .. I think it's much more than money.

I don't think we need to think "Oh, poor little Disney company".
                              Only a Billion Dollar Mega Entertainment Conglomerate
                              MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X