Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Steamboat Willie Mickey Floral

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Steamboat Willie Mickey Floral

Just doing a survey to see what the average person thinks of a Steamboat Willie Mickey Floral. There is a design for one, but hasn't been approved yet...just curious of what you think....
    Yes, thats a great idea
    80.70%
    No, keep it in full color
    10.53%
    Not sure
    8.77%

Re: Steamboat Willie Mickey Floral

Is there any pictures or art for it anywhere?

Comment

I would LOVE to see this. If it all started with a mouse, then the mouse started with Steamboat Willie. It would be a fitting tribute and a unique floral for the entrance. I love this idea and would love to see it come to fruition.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I love the idea!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Just thinking from a horicultural point of view, that would be tricky. Not many black or gray flowers out there. I'd be interested to see what plants they used. I've loved Black Pansies ever since I saw them outside of the haunted mansion one time. But having tried to grow them around my house I've found that they can tend towards purple, and a purple steamboat willie wouldn't be right.
          visit my Disneyland Vaction Blog at:
          www.disneylandforfamilies.blogspot.com

Comment

^ That's what I'm thinking - pulling it off well would be a challenge.

But yeah, I think it'd be awesome if they could figure it out.
            Even if it ended up a little purple, actually, I would like to see 'em try.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
            -Roald Dahl
            sigpic

Comment

I'd absolutely adore the idea. Maybe as a salute to Mickey's 80th?

Comment

Originally posted by Haunted Pennies View Post
                Just thinking from a horicultural point of view, that would be tricky. Not many black or gray flowers out there. I'd be interested to see what plants they used. I've loved Black Pansies ever since I saw them outside of the haunted mansion one time. But having tried to grow them around my house I've found that they can tend towards purple, and a purple steamboat willie wouldn't be right.

Horticulture alreadys has a concept art and some ideas. The main thing to keep it all black and white. There are a couple of variety of flowers that are really close to black. Right now they use a dark purple for Mickeys ears.

Comment

Sounds awesome, actually. I don't think I'd mind a purple hue, though...it'd kind of remind me of the Fantasmic finale!

Comment

Do it! (extra points for pie-eyes)

Comment

In most of the dark dark purple flowers, they look absolutely black until you get REALLY close up and can look at the petals and see the very subtle purple shade to them.

It will look awesome if they do it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

That would be AWESOME! Especially if they are celebrating one of Mickey's Milestone birthdays!
                        "To all who come to this happy place - welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. Thank you."

óWalter E. Disney, July 17, 1955

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see that!

What if they used a sepia tone? Keeps it looking vintage, and may be a little easier to deal with the flowers.
                          Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
                          http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stitchon View Post
                            I'd absolutely adore the idea. Maybe as a salute to Mickey's 80th?

Mickey turned 80 last year....

Comment

81st?? haha

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X