This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Muppet Workshop

I personally like Muppets 3D and wish Disney would push the Muppet franchise more. Now since both US versions of the Muppets are in a "Studio" section/park why not have a Muppet Workshop?

Guests could either buy the Collector Reproductions of the characters or build there own character. Think of it on the lines of Build-a-Bear.

Body Station - $20-$40
    Monster choices of blue, red, or pink- Round Head (like Janice-the guitar player) - Oval Head (Bert of Bert and Ernie)

Eye Station - $5-$15
    10-15 choices of eyes

Nose Station - $5
    10-15 choices of noses

and then you have a wide variety of clothing/accesories choices

Would you build one if you had the chance?

I definatly would!

In 1993, Playskool released three kits of puppet toys based on the Muppet Workshop's Whatnot puppets. Each set came with a set of body parts to create your own Whatnot character or monster, not unlike the way real Whatnot characters are created in the workshop.
    The first set, "Muppet Puppet 'n Parts", came with parts from which puppets could be built, including arm rods for performing each unique creation. The second set was a simpler collection of fabric pieces, while the last kit was made to work with Play-Doh and included pieces used to make Kermit and Miss Piggy.
    FAO Schwartz has The Muppet Whatnot workshop...the quality is like what you would see on Sesame Street and are $90 and take 3-4 weeks for delivery
    Last edited by Alpoe001; 03-18-2009, 09:15 AM.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Re: Muppet Workshop

^updated with more resources

Comment

It'd be an interesting addition to some unused shop space in Downtown Disney, but as far as DCA, I hope not. I couldn't picture something like this going in HPB at this point in time anyway - especially if they go through with the Phase II and remaking this part of the park more like Walt's 1920's Hollywood.

Comment

^If Muppets stays during Phase II it would fit in the Studio section where Muppets is.

Only the main street will be turned into a 20's-30's representation of hollywood. so as long as the shop was in the Studio area then it would fit perfectly.

Comment

If they do stay during phase II I do not want to see the fascade leave, Maybe redesign it around kermit and the popping out 3-d.

but yes. I would might build my own muppet.

Comment

I'd pay $90 for a personalized Muppet. Seems like a good value, and I think many people would like to buy this kind of item.

If the new shops where you design your own mouse ears or T-shirt are successful, this could be a next logical step, or combine all three (or more) into one big make-your-own-souvenir location.

They just need to add some Disney options to the Muppet workshop. Specific shirts, mouse ears, etc. I'd personally like to see more options in general for the muppets though. I think people would be most interested in a Muppet "self portrait".
            My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

^That would be cool but expensive.... during the first season of The Muppet Show the guest star would get a personalized muppet that looked like them

Comment

I would definitely love one to be over at DCA, or anywhere in Disneyland for that matter.

Comment

I would want to do this. They would have to put a later pick up time on though, maybe Disney could put a pick-up counter close to the entrance of the park, so that people can pick up their muppet right before leaving for the day.

Comment

I actually have a Muppet Whatnot... it's great! We got ours online.
                    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

I've wondered about this for a while now--even before the FAO Schwartz deal was announced. It just seems like a perfect fit--great, unique merchandise that would interest both kids and adults. My guess is that deals with Build-A-Bear at Downtown Disney prohibit a similar style shop from opening and/or the deal with FAO Schwartz prevents Disney from doing it on their own. I would place a wager, though, that eventually once either or both of those deals run out, we'll see this. It wouldn't even take that much space....

Comment

FOA Schwarz Muppet Whatnots take 2-4 weeks to be made... if Disney developed a store of this kind for a park it would have to be a slightly lower quality then seen at FOA Schwarz... all the pieces would have to snap on, much like the way the ears on the customizable Mickey ears are.

Comment

Do they take that long if you buy them onsite, or only if you buy them online? For some reason I thought you got to bring home your Whatnot right away. To me, those, this still wouldn't quash the idea. It's just that it would end up being a counter in the back of a store, rather than the anchor of it's own storefront. I still think it would be profitable.

Originally posted by Alpoe001 View Post
                          FOA Schwarz Muppet Whatnots take 2-4 weeks to be made... if Disney developed a store of this kind for a park it would have to be a slightly lower quality then seen at FOA Schwarz... all the pieces would have to snap on, much like the way the ears on the customizable Mickey ears are.

Comment

I like it. My GF and I'd do it. I love the muppets and always have.
                            Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

If it is a specific shop, great. if it is a store with mish-mashed merchandise that is in every other store, no.

From your description, it sounds like a pretty good idea.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X