Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Is Toy Story Midway Mania that great?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is Toy Story Midway Mania that great?

I know this is a rather new E-ticket, but do you think the lines will keep on being long for Toy Story Midway Mania?

Is it worth waiting 45 minutes?

Does the ride appeal to adults as much as it does to small children?
    It's a great attraction, I'd wait 45+ minutes for it anytime
    33.04%
    If you never rode it, it's worth a 45+ minute wait.
    23.48%
    I'd wait up to 30 minutes but not much more.
    38.26%
    I wouldn't bother wasting time on it.
    5.22%
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Is Toy Story Midway Mania that great?

IMO, it's nowhere near as great as all the hubbub I hear. Just rode it for the first time yesterday, and I was disappointed with the quality of the 3D. The gameplay itself is a definite step up from BLAB, especially once you get used to it, and the exterior/queue/exit is amazing. But the entire ride relies on animated 3D effects that don't have the same clarity, depth, or color fidelity as ITTBAB, for instance. It's harder when you're rendering things as they happen, instead of creating it all in advance, but still. More work needs to be done.

That's just me, though.

Comment

My pick: I'd wait up to 30 minutes but not much more.

First time .. I didn't mind waiting the 1 hour + ...
      but next time .... 30 - 45 minutes at most.

For me .. it's a solid "D".
      To me .. an "E" would be something on the scale of Indy, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain.

It's not a trip into a FANTASTICAL world .. like those rides are.

They took the basic premise of the Buzz Lightyear design (Which I consider a "C") ...
      and gave it a boost with even newer technology.

As the vehicle traverses from one "midway game" to another ... though the targets are different .. there's this "But they are basically all the same" feel about it.
      MY SIGNATURE:
      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

I love TSM. I'd never be able to stand in line 45 minutes for it though. I have a medical condition and can't stand that long, but, it's really cute and worth a wait.

Comment

It's worth waiting even for an hour...lol
          Music is my LIFE!!!

Comment

I love this attraction (and I'm an old lady)! It brings out the little kid in me!
            Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

Comment

It's a great ride. I won't wait longer than 30minutes for any ride.
              Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

When my family and I first
                rode it, we had a blast and the
                wait time I remember was a
                90 minute wait.

If you've never ridden the
                attraction then waiting over
                an hour is worth it. And not just only
                for the ride itself. The exterior/queue/exit
                as Data mentioned makes the wait
                worthwhile as well.

Comment

Rode it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Didn't pay much attention to the details or anything. Just made sure my boys had fun which is why I go to DLR
                  "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

The first few times I felt like this must be the greatest ride on earth, but after 5 rides, and then over a few trips, I had no more desire to ride it, because it became boring, there was nothing left for me to see, no detail, just a flat screen and the same games. So now, not even worth it.
                    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                    -August 2nd 2010

Comment

It's great if you're a competition junkie like I am. I've yet to do it but I hope to surpass 200,000 soon.

However, if I'm the one making the call, I'm not willing to wait more than 25 minutes for it because I always end up wanting to ride again. However I can't justify waiting that long if there's no guarantee that I'll attain my goal so I move on to other attractions.

Comment

I'd wait 45+ minutes for it anytime. I think it's a great attraction, but that may be because I'm used to the much longer lines at WDW. I also like it because I can always beat my family at it, even though they always destroy me in Buzz Lightyear. And also, as a non-thrill seeker, there isn't much else for me to do at DCA ).

my DCA schedule (not in order):

TSMM
                        GRR
                        Aladdin
                        MuppetVision
                        MSEP
                        watch the screens in Animation Academy
                        tortilla
                        time to go to Disneyland
                        Last edited by MarkTwain; 04-11-2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

It depends on when my last visit was. if it is a long line and i have not been to dl in a while, i skip it. if i was there recently, then i will wait up to 45 min

Comment

Just letting you know, if you feel comfortable about separating from your group or if your group feels comfortable riding by themselves, they offer single rider lines. The wait can be as little as 5 minutes to about 20 minutes, depending on how long the SR line is or who came in groups with odd numbers. This might not always be open, and it subject close when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                              IMO, it's nowhere near as great as all the hubbub I hear. Just rode it for the first time yesterday, and I was disappointed with the quality of the 3D. The gameplay itself is a definite step up from BLAB, especially once you get used to it, and the exterior/queue/exit is amazing. But the entire ride relies on animated 3D effects that don't have the same clarity, depth, or color fidelity as ITTBAB, for instance. It's harder when you're rendering things as they happen, instead of creating it all in advance, but still. More work needs to be done.
                              That pretty much hits the nail on the head. 3D was fine for me, however I completely agree that it isn't all that everyone makes it out to be. Neat? Yeah. Entertaining? For a while, but I'm going to guess that once (hopefully) gets over it's challenges and becomes a true 2nd gate, TSMM will be mostly a walk on.

Maybe adding different games so that each time you play it is different? Might be an idea just like when Star Tours gets a new film. I think people jump on the E-ticket notion for new rides, but I'll have to agree this one is a D or maybe a C when it compares to the like of Pirates, Indy, HM, etc. It doesn't tell a story, it's a arcarde on wheels.
                              Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X