This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] New Guide Maps

Has the parks issued new guide maps yet or are they the same ones from January with Pluto and Mickey on the cover? Judging by the past several years, new guide maps should have been issued around mid-March.
    MagicAlumni

My Disneyland Resort Guide Map Blog...Come check it out...
    https://disneylandmaps.wordpress.com/

Re: New Guide Maps

Originally posted by MagicAlumni View Post
    Has the parks issued new guide maps yet or are they the same ones from January with Pluto and Mickey on the cover? Judging by the past several years, new guide maps should have been issued around mid-March.
    As of last weekend, the maps were the same. I would assume there won't be new maps until the Celebration Roundup and BBQ and the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique open in April.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

The one I got on Tuesday has Mickey wearing a party hat in front of a green background, with the Celebrate today! tagline below the Disneyland logo.

Comment

Anyone want to scan in a map just for everyone to see that can't go to the park everyday ?!?

I'm sure a lot of us once in lifetime / a year disney fans would love to see one
        Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
          Anyone want to scan in a map just for everyone to see that can't go to the park everyday ?!?

I'm sure a lot of us once in lifetime / a year disney fans would love to see one
          Disneyland Resort | Maps

Comment

Pretty sure the "new" version gets released this Friday.
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by MagicWDI View Post
              ya ya.. I've seen a lot of Disneyland and DCA maps online...

I just was looking for the real actual.. given to you at the park map
              Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
                ya ya.. I've seen a lot of Disneyland and DCA maps online...

I just was looking for the real actual.. given to you at the park map
                Oh, okay. For that a simple Google search will help ya out. But you will have to wait for the very most up-to-date one to be scanned or a picture taken of it since it comes out when Darkbeer mentioned.

Comment

ya I'll wait patiently for Friday and the newest one!..

Comment

You can always go to eBay and buy one there.

Nothing beats the real-deal!

Or since you've made so many new friends here on MC, maybe someone will mail you one?

Comment

The funniest part is the "new" maps aren't even new. The current maps have to at least be as old as the end of the Mark V monorails. A quick glance at the lower right corner of the guides shows the old Mark V Monorail Blue. Upon addition of new attractions and locations, I'm sure all the graphic designers do is overlay a layer on top of the current map.

--KAN

Comment

Originally posted by KAN View Post
                        The funniest part is the "new" maps aren't even new. The current maps have to at least be as old as the end of the Mark V monorails. A quick glance at the lower right corner of the guides shows the old Mark V Monorail Blue. Upon addition of new attractions and locations, I'm sure all the graphic designers do is overlay a layer on top of the current map.
                        There are lots of minor things on the Disneyland park map that have not been updated. For example, the Tomorrowland Terrace (even though it is labeled as such) still appears in the shape and colors of the former Club Buzz stage. And although submarines appear in the lagoon, the additional rocks that were constructed for the Nemo Submarine Voyage are not pictured.

Comment

Hey Yakerz,

If you haven't found this link yet, I think you might like it......

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Comment

Originally posted by Kristine30 View Post
                            Hey Yakerz,

Looks awesome, I haven't seen that one before .. I've seen disneyland via google maps satellilte view a lot, but no overlay of what is what like on that map! niceee good find

Comment

Wow! Wow! Wow! I can't tell you how many times I have poured over satellite images guessing what is what--this is incredible--both for Disney and more!

For the Disney folks, they not only have Disneyland but also WDW and Disneyland Paris (and maybe the others too!). WDW and DRP aren't as complete as Disneyland, but still damned impressive!

WOW!!!

Originally posted by Kristine30 View Post
                              Hey Yakerz,

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X