Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Repeat question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Repeat question

When reviewing updates or trip reports, does it less the suspence or surprise when you arrive at DL or DCA?

I noticed when I took my mom; she was surprised about some of the new decore and my attitude was more nonchalant. I think I'm going to reduce my attention towards these updates, because I would have loved to have been as surprised as her.

Just my opinion - don't go posting sarcastic comments.

Re: Repeat question

For me it actually heightens the experience. In looking at photos and trip reports, I learn about and notice details that I hadn't before, and I can see the park through another persons eyes. It offers a fresh perspective on the parks that I don't necessarily get on my own.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

For me, the weekly updates don't ruin the surprise that much. I mean seeing a picture of Monorail Blue for instance did not do it justice. However, I refuse to read reviews of new attractions until I see them.
      WELCOME ABOARD
      THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Since I don't get to the park as much as I did when I lived right around the corner I enjoy taking a peek at what's new. Makes me feel like I'm still in on things.

Comment

I'm jaded no matter what I do or don't read about the park, I suppose if I didnt go so often I woudnt feel that way. Also, the way I filter the experience as an adult (that frequents the park more often) compared to when I was a kid (and only went every 3-5 years) is much different.
          sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

I love looking through people's photos in their trip reports, it just makes me want to go and find the stuff they've captured.

Comment

I like the updates because i get to see the work that has been done on the park, which i am not able to see on the regular basis. I get just as excited reading the updates as seeing them in real life.

Comment

It increases the excitement at home at the expense of the excitement in the park. Sometimes that's a worthwhile tradeoff for me, and sometimes it's not. I definitely found the park to be more...special, I suppose, back when I only went once every few years and barely heard any news or anything in between visits. But I also didn't have hours upon hours of Disneyland-related enjoyment between those visits.

Comment

IU don't read trip reports anymore.

1) Because there are too many for me to keep up with
                  2) I don't want to be able to constantly view Disneyland. Doing that would make Disneyland seem like a normal place after awhile.
                  3) I don't even read much about what's going on in the parks because I want to be surprised.

Comment

I love the insight given in the TR's. Case in point: Because of Datameister's TR I am now going to be in search of the "secret bathroom" - something I otherwise would have known nothing about. I will be at DL 5 weeks from today and I can not wait to see through my own eyes all that is happening at DL.

Comment

i like to read the TRs so i know where the changes are, and what to look for. i dont' tell my husband about most of them so he is surprised by them, and i get to enjoy things from his point of view
                      Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                      -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                      elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                      Originally posted by pratt55
                      Elly is adorkable.

Comment

(Everyone) Thanks for your thoughts; this has helped me move on from the ignorant ways me walking around the park with my eyes wide shut.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X