Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if TINKERBELL's voice replaces Julie Andrews Voice For "Magical" Fireworks Show?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What if TINKERBELL's voice replaces Julie Andrews Voice For "Magical" Fireworks Show?

OH MY GOD! I just realized that this new fireworks show COULD involve a new voice...

not Julie Andrews.. but..

TINKERBELL!

I mean she has a voice now via those forgettable DVD's that are planned to be released in the years to come.

She has a voice now. She talks in that meet and greet!

She has a voice now!

She is considered "Magical".

What if... she is the new "Julie Andrews" voice that controls the show, starts the show or the show centers around. And I'm not implying that Julie Andrews will be part of the "Magical" show but you know what I mean, there's usually always a voice that controls the show.

Just a what if question.

Discuss.

Re: What if TINKERBELL's voice replaces Julie Andrews Voice For "Magical" Fireworks S

*Shudders* Please, no. The narrator is supposed to be a neutral, real-world observer who tells the story; the story unfolds from a more realistic world into a more fantastic one. Making an animated storybook character the narrator would ruin that distinction and make the entire show appear more contrived, and therefore less believable.

Comment

Re: What if TINKERBELL's voice replaces Julie Andrews Voice For "Magical" Fireworks S

TinkerBell shouldn't talk in the parks AT ALL excluding the Pixie Hollow. And this is because in Pixie Hollow so you are atleast small enough to hear her.

Comment

Well the Fairy Godmother dose the Christmas fireworks show. But I don't think Tink will because she be part of the fireworks like she has with them all but the Christmas one. I could also go with Blue Fairy doing the voice for fireworks.
        To my respect from a Dodger fan.

Comment

How about a fireworks show with no narration? It's been done before in the glory days of the park so I don't see why it can't work now.

I do remember in Fantasy In Tne Sky, a narrorator said, "And now, to honor America..." But that was that.

Please Disney, I hope your next show has little to no narration. Thanks.

Comment

I think the best choice for a narrator would be Jiminy Cricket.

edit : but like DIP said, They really don't need much of a voice over. Take "remember" for example, the attractions part, starting with the audio of main street and the ringing of the DLRR's bell....It needs absolutely no narration, and it's what made me fall in love with the show.

Comment

I like it with a narrators for fireworks I say keep them in.
              To my respect from a Dodger fan.

Comment

i love narrators because they are telling a good story.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                  TinkerBell shouldn't talk in the parks AT ALL excluding the Pixie Hollow. And this is because in Pixie Hollow so you are atleast small enough to hear her.
                  bingo!

Comment

Get Paul Frees in there to do it.

Seriously, I'd rather hear minimal narration. Narration and even original song lyrics tend to come off as overly sappy. Even RDCT - the best fireworks show I've ever seen! - falls victim to this in the opening and closing segments. The orchestration is lovely, and Julie Andrews naturally has a great voice and great delivery, but the writing itself is just so exaggeratedly saccharine.

Don't try to tell people that dreams come true. Just make the dreams come true.

Comment

Having seen RDCT, I really don't see the necessity for a narration. As for Tinkerbell, I don't think that is a good idea. Tinkerbell doesn't speak (sans Pixie Hollow), and they need to not do that. Besides, the fireworks tell the story (IMO, of course).

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Personally, i like the narration. I see no problem with it, i mean to me it sets the tone... and i love Julie Andrews

Comment

I much prefer the tone that the sounds of the attractions set, personally.

Comment

I like the Jiminy Cricket narration suggestion! :-)

I don't mind narration, though I don't think it's necessary as a rule. But if they did have Tinkerbell, I would be very VERY put-out. Tinkerbell shouldn't have a "voice" anyway. Those stupid fairy movies with the new Tink just annoy the crap out of me, and I don't even think Pixie Hollow should ever have been made in the first place. Don't ruin Tink still further by making her speak during the fireworks!

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                              Because it needs to be repeated...

I don't mind the narration. I'm of the school that it gets the guests on the same page as the show. But please no Tinkerbell. Jimini isn't a bad choice.
                              MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X