This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Mini Report from 3/29

As per usual, we got to the parks in the early afternoon. I made a point of catching the first showing of Celebrate! by IASW, so we booked it there. One thing I noticed was the horrible congestion and lack of crowd movement. A lot of people were trying to go about the park and were blocked off/dead ended. I hope they kind of get in the swing of things once Celebrate! settles in, because it was kind of a mess.

Anyway, we watched the show and it wasn't that bad. A friend of mine didn't like it at all, but I found it refreshing to see something going on during the day again.

Anyway, there was lots of energy, lots of visuals.

After a few attractions towards the back of the park, we decided to take the train to Main Street. We boarded the train with the Lily Belle bringing up the rear and asked a CM if we could ride in it. She obliged once we hit Main Street. It was exciting because I'd never been in it before! The CM was really nice and talked about Johnny Depp's Chair and the Slumdog Millionaire kids.

Next stop was NOS for a trip around the Rivers of America! After the Lily Belle, we tried for the wheelhouse and lucked out!

I've ridden in the wheelhouse before, but we passed the Columbia, I noticed the train steaming along side of us. My friend and I glanced at each other, asked the nice CM if we could blow the whistle and got to do the "shave and a haircut" whistle thing! We also talked to the CM a bit who told us about the Fantasmic! upgrade - he said in addition to a new dragon, there was going to be a new crocodile!

I'm not sure what was scheduled yesterday, but it seemed like there were quite a few marching bands and other street entertainment.

Anyway, we started to head out of the park for dinner and to pick up our coats from the car since it was really getting cold (and I'm glad we did at that time, since it started to sprinkle right after!) We didn't get to see Remember last time and it was semi windy, but looked like it was letting up. We decided to hope for the best and managed to snag a spot right in front of the castle 5 minutes before 'showtime.' I think a lot of people were scared off by the rain and the "due to inclement weather" announcements, but Remember started!

Anyway, the rest of the night was pretty empty. I had totally forgot about Fantasmic going dark, so we took a lovely night cruise and chatted up a CM the whole time.

Re: Mini Report from 3/29

WOW,.. that was a mini report. But I was summed up nicely. Thanks, I always appreciate the update.

Comment

Lovely mini-TR! Nice firework shot!
      sigpic
      Home away from Home.

Comment

Short and well done. Thank you.

Comment

Nice report!
          Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
            After a few attractions towards the back of the park, we decided to take the train to Main Street. We boarded the train with the Lily Belle bringing up the rear and asked a CM if we could ride in it. She obliged once we hit Main Street. It was exciting because I'd never been in it before! The CM was really nice and talked about Johnny Depp's Chair and the Slumdog Millionaire kids.

Can you share more about the CM and what she had to say about "Johnny Depps chair" on the Lilly Belle? Nice report!

Comment

Excellent. The photos were great. I too want to know more about Johnny Depp's chair.

Comment

That's neat being able to do "Shave and a haircut" on the 'Twain!

Comment

Originally posted by pirateslife4me View Post
                  Can you share more about the CM and what she had to say about "Johnny Depps chair" on the Lilly Belle? Nice report!
                  Welllll...you see where that woman with the blonde hair is sitting on the right? The CM said whenever Johnny visits the park, that's "his" chair. Nothing like, extremely exciting! :P

Comment

Cool TR. You definitely got lucky when you got to ride both the Lilly Belle and the Wheelhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
                      Welllll...you see where that woman with the blonde hair is sitting on the right? The CM said whenever Johnny visits the park, that's "his" chair. Nothing like, extremely exciting! :P

Interesting! Thank you Brenden!

Comment

Short and to the point with great pics, nice report!
                        Last trip to Disneyland: 04/06/09
                        Next trip to Disneyland: 04/23/09
                        Visits in 2009: 13
                        Last trip to DisneyWorld: 01/04/09-01/09/09
                        Next trip to DisneyWorld: ?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X