Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is a Disney Visa worth it? (Merged)

It has a high interest rate, so that seems not worth it.
    But it says you get special deals and offers and discounts...
    Is it worth it?

re: Is a Disney Visa worth it? (Merged)

It's worth it if you pay off the balance every month. If you are not a Premium Annual Pass holder, the Disney VISA is the next best thing for insider deals and perks. Used to, the Disney VISA got you free stroller rental at the parks. 10% discount on Disney purchases.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Absolutely! There are special deals, the rewards dollars (which isn't THAT great of deal, but still), discounts, plus the card is awesome.

Comment

I pay off my balance each month, so I have never paid any interest on my card. Just this past week, Disney Visa gave it's cardholders the first opportunity to book it's Free Dining package. Presently, my rate is about 10%. The rewards program is only 1%, but I have accumulated as much as $100 dollars spending money on my card, for use on an upcoming vacation. I used to use my card for most of my daily purchases. If you use the card to book, and or pay for a vacation, you usually have 6 months to pay it off, without being charged interest.

That's all the information, I can remember at the moment.

I just requested a new Disney Visa card design, and I chose the Tinker Bell one.

The people I have talked to over the phone at the Disney Visa offices are always helpful, and very courteous.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

its worth it specially on those occasion where you need to purchase large amount of tickets or BO on products..
          just do what you think...

Comment

wait a minute.. so you get 10% off ALL disney purchases with a Disney visa...?

I.E. I buy tickets I get 10% off. I eat at any Disney restaraunt.. I get 10% off my total bill?

doesn't sound too shabby..

the interest rates don't concern me cause I'll be sure to pay them off on time
            Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

There is no annual fee. So I guess as long as I always paid it off, there would be no concern for the interest.

Plus, you get 20% off some things like tours which I know we are going to do at least one.

Do you have to use the card to get the discount or can I just show the card and get the discount and then pay cash?

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                I pay off my balance each month, so I have never paid any interest on my card.
                Ditto! The only way to use a credit card!!!

Plus, it forever gives me a smile when I pull my Mickey Mouse visa from my wallet.

Comment

I have the Disney Visa card. Had it for years.

In fact, I just got the statement today with the charges I made during our trip two weeks ago (they're fast!! LOL).

I pay it off in full, so I don't pay interest, but I checked the statement and my rate is 10.24% on purchases and 19.24% on cash advances. I don't even have a pin for it, so I've never even thought about a cash advance on it.

We collect the points and use them for future trips. We no longer need a stroller, but last fall some friends were with us and needed one so we got it for them and it was free. Nice touch!

We already have a PAP so we use that discount rather than the one that the Visa card gives us.

Comment

We use the card for the free meet and greet and free 5x7! It's a great souvenir! You only get the 10% off over purchases of $50.00 or more and then it's 10% off some restaurants.
                    sigpic
                    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf75 View Post
                      Do you have to use the card to get the discount or can I just show the card and get the discount and then pay cash?
                      You do not have to use the card you just have to present it for the discounts. There are also Visa card exclusive pins introduced periodically.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

You can also get 10% on purchases on disneyshopping.com. Occasionally you can get more than 10%. Also reduced or free shipping is common.

Comment

I don't leave home without it.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I pay no interest on mine and end up with about $250 in rewards money which we use when we're at the parks. Its a great deal for us.

Comment

There's also a perk of a free 5X7 photopass print at Epcot and DCA, I believe. That's a great value right there.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X