Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The secret to dealing with annoying teens is to use wit. For example, say some teenagers are talking really loud about whoever, whatever, anything not interesting to you and the rest of the guests at the park... Join in! It's incredibly hilarious for you and the surrounding visitors in the line! Answer their questions, or give the occasional sarcastic "Ohhhh Miii God!!" and watch the outcome! :lol: Seriously, I do it all the time, and if you make fun of them enough, they'll soon shut up.

Alas, I must confess, I have been (well at least some of my friends) an annoying teenager. I used to go all the time with some of my friends from High School, and we would do stupid things at the park like go to random cute girls, say the corniest pick up lines (if you were a booger, I'd pick you first) and walk away. Those were fun times, and no one really got bothered. But when it came to rides, we had this one comedian in the group who decided to scream his head off on all the rides. Not too bad right? Well imagine seeing and hearing this kid on Star Tours! The screams were so high pitched that I couldn't help but laugh. Other guests would laugh too, but there were a few who were upset (as they should be). I remember we'd pull up to the unload at Splash Mountain, and he'd start screaming his head off in front of everyone! It was REALLY funny then, but I don't know if I'd think it was so funny now...

Yeah I would!

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian
      Alas, I must confess, I have been (well at least some of my friends) an annoying teenager. But when it came to rides, we had this one comedian in the group who decided to scream his head off on all the rides.
      I think I rode Indy with your group before.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

I don't see the point of throwing trash all over the attractions. It makes me mad.
        Shocks
        Pegs
        Lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by Whatever
          Yep. I find that shut up or else works a whole lot better than please be quiet. I doesn't hurt to be 6'3" and 225 either :devil:
          Hey, maybe you can hire yourself out to visitors as their own personal "line monitor". :lol: Those of us who are 5'4" just aren't imposing.
          Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
          : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Originally posted by EmeralineDragon
            Hey, maybe you can hire yourself out to visitors as their own personal "line monitor". :lol: Those of us who are 5'4" just aren't imposing.
            I'll sell you an annual line monitor pass for $50, or you can pay $20 per incident
            Last edited by Whatever; 02-20-2005, 07:37 AM.

Comment

My annoyances at DLR:

1) When people walk into you (with or without a stroller), and don't bother to say I'm sorry. You know if you bump into someone the proper thing is to say "Excuse Me" or "Pardon" or "I'm Sorry". Ugh, drives me batty!

2)The people who act 'entitled' to everything at Disney. It doesn't matter if they're day guests, on vacation, or AP holders, if they try to cut in line, or try to monopolize the characters, or try to gather up all the mardi gras beads they are being rude. Like if a parent tells a kid, go on up there, or tries to lie to a Character CM by saying they were next. Ugh, just wait your turn like everybody else.

3)My other annoyance doesn't have to do with the guests, but more the management. Whenever I hear a tourist say "Let's go on Space Mountain next" I feel really sad because I know they'll be disappointed.

Comment

I confess, I used to call the Haunted Mansion, the Haunted House, but I was only five when I did call it that. I certainly wasn't the hardcore Disneyland fan that I have grown to be.

Anyways, maybe it's just me but I absolutely hate it when parents dress up their daughters in princess costumes. And their hair is messy like no other, their white tennis shoes have every kind of stain on it, and they even sometimes have boogery, watery noses as well! C'mon parents step it up some! At least comb the kids hair! The flash photography ticks me off, especially if the person takes a picture once or twice every minute. The trash in the ride vehicles, I was so glad that the Doritos bag I sat on in POTC was already opened and empty, otherwise i'd be veddy veddy embarrased.

The annoying kids with the plastic lightsabers, the plastic swords, who find it cute to poke and hit anyone. The kids who cut ahead of other kids while in line to see a character, why i'd oughta! And last but probaly not the last you'll see of me in this thread... The annoying as Ashlee Simpson teenagers who need to act like chimps in order to impress their friends. I never acted like that, my younger sisters never acted like that, call me boring but I can't stand it. All the kids who act like that just remind me of everything I hated in High School, immature and braindead. Okay, i'm finished with my mini-novella.
                Last edited by Modern Folly; 02-20-2005, 08:28 AM.

Comment

I love Disneyland, but there are about three things that drive me nuts...

1) The Spanish safety warnings on older attractions. ESPECIALLY when they don't even come close to matching the original recording. Takes you right out of the show...
                  Definately, especially in the Haunted Mansion!
                  Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

I used to go all the time with some of my friends from High School, and we would do stupid things at the park like go to random cute girls, say the corniest pick up lines (if you were a booger, I'd pick you first) and walk away.
                    So I'm guessing you had experience when you asked the three girls in the Doom Buggy next to yours, "Are you guys hot?"
                    That would have to be the lamest pick up line I ever encountered. But it's usually my lovely Spanish mate that gets it all. I admit, she is pretty hot.

Oh... it does annoy me that they don't bother to sell princess costumes for us older girls. HOWEVER, one can actually fit into those costumes. You just have to be tiny enough. I got into a Snow White one but it wasn't pretty.

But my two pals on the other hand...

I almost died of laughter that afternoon.
                    I lurk.

Comment

we had this one comedian in the group who decided to scream his head off on all the rides. Not too bad right? Well imagine seeing and hearing this kid on Star Tours! The screams were so high pitched that I couldn't help but laugh. Other guests would laugh too, but there were a few who were upset (as they should be).
                      I think I rode start tours with your group. Did he scream like a little girl? If so that was the only part that was funny. The screaming was very annoying, but the sound if it souding like a high pitched little girl made me laugh. Yeah...I can be a bit mean at times...LOL..

Comment

On rides like the Haunted Mansion, I find it annoying when people talk through Master Gracey's spiel. I was fortunate enough to visit Disneyland over the summer, being a South Florida resident, and all I wanted to do was going on the Haunted Mansion and hear/see differences within the ride. Stupid people, probably not Disney Fanatics ruined it for me by talking obnoxiously loud and even one was on their cell phone. And I flew across to country to have this experience in the.... "Happiest Place in the World
                        Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
                        My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
                        My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

Comment

Disney needs to change its signage to "The happiest place in the world asd long as it is on my terms." No wonder the world is in such bad shape, We all want it to be our perfect world. Live with it, grow with it.
                          >>Alan<<
                          Member 216

Comment

..Isn't it Happiest Place on Earth?
                            Then, what's WDW? Happiest Tourist Attraction?
                            I lurk.

Comment

I think one of the biggest annoyances at Disneyland would have to be that "unofficial park trivia genius" that when asked questions about the park by other guests gives an answer so far from the truth you could call him John Kerry. I know you all know what I am talking about; for example:

"Why do you think so many strong people pull on that sword in the stone, and yet it only comes out on rare occasion when pulled by a little kid?" (this question is being asked by one parent to another, not expecting, or intending to have their conversation interupted by the guy with the receeding hairline and pale skin behind them)

His response... "I could tell ya why...(without waiting for a response, he continues) there is a special way you have to pull it, I have been trying to figure it out for a long time, apparently you have to push down, tilt it to the right, pull it like a quarter of an inch, tilt it to the left, another quarter inch pull...."

And that continues until one of the individuals forced into this chat makes a bold move to end it. There are so many people in the park that do this kind of thing, involve themselves in other peoples' conversations and attempt "help" other guests with their hideous knowledge. We could do without these people.
                              Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                                "Remain seated, please."

"Permene ser sentados, por favor."

That's a classic!

Ahhh, my favorite line at Disneyland! I'm gettin teary eyed just thinkin about it :o

I can't stand line cutters!!!! CURSE THEM ALLLL

Bambi on Special Edition DVD 3/1/05
                                A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Comment

Call me stupid or oblivious I guess I just get in my own little Disney world when entering the park, the only annoyances I really find bothersome are physical ones such at a stroller ankle bites Maybe my daughter are right my whole personal changes, bionic energy, tolereance... I just seem to shut these annoyances out such as rude teens/people, my hearing even becomes so much better I hear the spiels and music above the crowd and forget the world outside the berm, even those that have infiltrated it. i just my own party.

Comment

The thing that annoys me the most is the people who ride Splash Mountain just to go down that last fall so they try to push the boat faster instead of just enjoying the story of the ride. It's like, "Damn it's going to be there. It ain't goin anywhere. Sit back and relax."
                                    Last edited by Orcatime; 02-21-2005, 10:28 PM. Reason: typos
                                    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

The pickup line jokes only work outside of attractions. We usually go up to groups of girls that would seem WAY out of our league. Those are the best. Funniest pick up line to watch? My friend would run towards some girls, fall really hard and say "Do you have a band-aid? I hurt myself when I fell in love with you!" We'd all laugh from the benches across the walk-way, they'd laugh at how dumb it was, next thing you know, we all have Disneyland Dates!

Comment

^^ everybody loves a clown.
                                        Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

Ahh musing after reading this thread have to say the chaos that ensues for Fantasmic is pretty spectacular in itself - remember every time my family and I have sat down for so long our backsides have gone numb for a whole family to descend literally infront and often on us...oh and this is 5 minutes before the show starts.
                                          But I take it in my stride relatively having seen the show enough to not miss out too much by an obscured view. Is it merely an English thing to prefer for everyone to queue in line and to not cut in? :confused:
                                          Having read the posts I wouldn't have said so???

Plus the usual complaints of the abysmal safety warnings in a foreign and jarring blurb and the sarcasm of some on Haunted Mansion!

But roll on July 2005 all the same!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X