• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reaver
    "Remain seated, please."

"Permene ser sentados, por favor."

That's a classic!
    Or as we CMs used to say "Cinnamon Toast and Tacos , Por Favor"

Because of my guest control experiences, I get really irked at all the guests who believe that because they paid $50 to get in, they don't deserve to be forced to follow the rules. Imagine the place if every one was allowed to do whatever they wanted. But some people leave there ability to be logical at the gates.
    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian
      I love Disneyland, but there are about three things that drive me nuts...

1) The Spanish safety warnings on older attractions. ESPECIALLY when they don't even come close to matching the original recording. Takes you right out of the show...

2) Autopia drivers who stay off the gas! I hate being behind them, all of a sudden 10 drivers are bumping each other yelling and screaming. It's amazing no one has gotten out of their car and had a little road rage!

3) Obnoxious Children. You know the ones! The bratty kids that are dis-obedient yet their parents STILL buy them what they want? Then they use the swords to poke at you and what not.... ARRGGGHHHH :devil:
      So my annoyances are two things, one are strollers. I can't tell you how many times I get my heels hit with one of those things. The other is the adult vehicles that people ride around.
      They were not as annoying as strollers until I got hit by one. The operator didn't let off the gas switch until I was on the ground trying to roll out of the way. If it has been a kid, it could have sent someone to the hospital. Should have alerted security to this person.
      Those are my annoyances.

Comment

My only pet peeve is the personal space issue. Ya know, there's nothing better than in small tight quarters, being elbowed in the back or small child's hand to the butt.... ah, and don't forget the amplified smells that come with it...yep, that's the best.
        Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
        Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
        Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
        Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
        Marge: Pink.
        Homer: D'oh!
        Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

I especially like the parents who don't understand why you don't want their 4 year old groping you. After all, it's so cyoooot that junior wants to make friends!

If I wanted cyoooot, I'd have my own kids, thanks. But I still wouldn't let them grope perfect strangers.
          Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
          : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

My biggest pet peeve, is parents that walk their children on leashes! Please don't tell me how safe it is, I have 3 girls and we never leashed any of them. They came equipped with hands when they were born, and we used them.
            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas
              My biggest pet peeve, is parents that walk their children on leashes! Please don't tell me how safe it is, I have 3 girls and we never leashed any of them. They came equipped with hands when they were born, and we used them.
              "Here little bobby...*wistle wistle*...come on boy, *clap clap*..."
              Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
              Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
              Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
              Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
              Marge: Pink.
              Homer: D'oh!
              Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas
                It is alarming how many people think this is ok. I had an argument with some people on another forum about this, one of which even said that their kid got excited when he/she saw the 'leash' because they knew then that they were going somewhere. :confused: It's really an excuse for the parents not to watch their children...but of course the people that use them will deny this to the end.

Comment

I have fond memories of being on a leash as a child (I had an unfortunate tendency to pull free of hands and escape).

Duckland
                  : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

I dunno, I remember my mom telling me that when we went to DL as a kid I had a leash and she particularly enjoyed letting me run forward and then yanking it backwards .... My mom's kind of evil. :devil: But I loved it!
                    Originally posted by drunkmom
                    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

I assume you had one of the full-torso harness ones too, MiceMan? Or is one of your arms longer than the other?

Duckland

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                        one of which even said that their kid got excited when he/she saw the 'leash' because they knew then that they were going somewhere.
                        Just like my dogs do.

Comment

Originally posted by Whatever
                          Just like my dogs do.
                          But can they teach the kid to fetch the leash, that's the question.

Duckland

Comment

I would love to be a fly on the wall when those who complain about kids (and those topics which relate to kids) become parents. Living that which you mock so freely. Tee hee. That is my happy thought for the day.
                            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                            I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I would love to be a fly on the wall when those who complain about kids (and those topics which relate to kids) become parents. Living that which you mock so freely. Tee hee. That is my happy thought for the day.
                              I will not be having kids... I hate the little buggers so much! lol. If I could I would fast forward to being a grand parent. All the joys of being a parent... none of the poop, whining, etc. Start acting up, TIME TO GO HOME!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
                                No one was complaining about kids. We were complaining about the parents that find it appropriate to tie up their kids in order to keep them close.

Comment

SPITBALLS! errrrr!

Comment

my biggest annoyance? Rude people who squish in front of you (and your kids) to sit/stand for parades, Fantasmic, etc. and block the view for the kids (and if I pick my kids up or let them stand they block the view for others behind us)

...we staked our our spot for Fantasmic about 25 minutes before the show, great spot, front and center by the railing of RoA. We had our 2 littlle kids (8 and 3) sitting with us, my knee hurt so my leg was stretched (just a little). apparently (the 'Rude Family') thought it was streched enough to accomidate them. Now let me tell you about Mr. amd Mrs Rude and their 2 teenage Daughters. they crammed, sqeezed and squished their way through the crowd to get in front of us 5 minutes before the show started (remember we have been here for 25 minutes, just so our kids could see) Now Mr Rude sits right in front of me and my 3 yr old. Mr Rude is not a small man, I can barely see around him (and he sat right in front of my son!) Mrs. Rude also not a svelt little thing sat in front of my daughter and slightly to the side (at least not compleatly blocking my daughters view) but the two teen Daughters were bouncy, kept leaning back (into my husband once) they would not sit still so we could not get the kids situated to see. Now remember, there was not enough room for any family to sit in front of us, we were at the railing for crimmany sake but they pushed their way, well my husband and I pointed out (very politely I think) that they were blocking our little kids, their response "well we want to see too..." they wouldn't even switch spots with us....

...well there was a little poetic justice afterall, when Melificent turned into the dragon it litteraly scared the pee out of my son...(we were sitting on a slight incline)....right to guy in front of us.....and there was nothing I could do about the accident then...It was over as quickly as it started....(and yes we had taken him potty just before we sat down)
                                    procrastibating

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                                      one of which even said that their kid got excited when he/she saw the 'leash' because they knew then that they were going somewhere.
                                      when they got excited did they wag their tail too?
                                      Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
                                        ...well there was a little poetic justice afterall, when Melificent turned into the dragon it litteraly scared the pee out of my son...(we were sitting on a slight incline)....right to guy in front of us.....and there was nothing I could do about the accident then...It was over as quickly as it started....(and yes we had taken him potty just before we sat down)
                                        Poetic justice is often the sweetest kind of justice... :lol:

Comment

• Originally posted by mamabot
                                          I would love to be a fly on the wall when those who complain about kids (and those topics which relate to kids) become parents.
                                          Fortunately, as I know what causes "kids", I can avoid it. And that's MY happy thought for the day!

Duckland

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X