This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Soarin' sheet music for piano!

Hiya, folks! I'm absolutely in love the music Jerry Goldsmith wrote for Soarin' over California, every second of it. Starting in the last half of 2008, I started arranging it by ear for piano, as I am wont to do with music I love, and I posted a performance of it on YouTube in September:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HJ8W3l3m8M&feature=channel_page"]Soarin'[/ame]

But my arrangements change over time, and I think I've vastly improved it since then, and I felt like writing it down so I could share it. So...yeah, here it is, for those of you who like playing piano and would like to play this particular score without having to figure it all out.

LINK
    UPDATED LINK

FINAL VERSION (with loading music and title page)

If you're a piano player, take a look, give it a shot if you want, let me know what you think. I suppose I'm more interesting in notation-related critiques than ones about the arrangement itself; I know some parts aren't terribly idiomatic, but it fits pretty well under the hands and it's fun to play and it sounds faithful to the original.

Enjoy, and please don't try to redistribute this for money or anything! :P (Also, if you happen to have seen a similar post of mine on another unrelated board, I apologize for the partial copy-and-pasting...it just seemed more efficient than typing up a whole new message.)
    Last edited by Datameister; 04-05-2009, 04:47 PM.

Re: Soarin' sheet music for piano!

It's excellent! I already downloaded it, saved it to my computer, and listened to the track while following the sheet music. It's great! Way to go, my friend!

Comment

Thanks, Justin! :blush:

Comment

Woah. I read through while listening to the youtube version that you'd posted, and it was amazing. Give me five years and I will so play this. haha.

Comment

Wow, this is great! I'm learning how to play the piano right now, so I hope I can play it in the near future. Great job!

Comment

Haha, thank you. It's not all that hard, though, Jordiekins. My approach to arranging is partially just instinctive, so the stuff I'm playing tends to be pretty...natural, I guess? It's supposed to be playable, because I wouldn't be able to enjoy playing it if it weren't.

Comment

Sounds great! Thanks for doing that. I'm too out of practice to play it, but maybe I'll start practicing more again (after MANY years).
              sigpic

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
              Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

Comment

AMAZING! I will have to work on this over summer!

sigpic

Comment

:bow: Thank you so much!

I've been playing the piano for over 13 years, and I can't wait to get started on this gem!

Comment

Printing it off as I type this. One of my favorite pieces of Disney music. Thanks for doing this!

Comment

Thanks, guys! Glad you like it. Another thing - if you happen to get a chance, I'd love to hear your renditions of it! I'm far from the best pianist out there, so it's quite possible that some of you could do a better job with my arrangement than I can.

Comment

Thanks!!!! Unfortunately I don't play piano but I can use this to transcribe it for guitar.

Comment

Data, I DEMAND you give me piano lessons.

Oh, and absolutely frabjous job on that rendition! :thumbup:

Comment

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodiloveyou.

Freakin' awesome.

Comment

"Hey, he's a regular Fliber-a-chi!"
                              "And he plays good too."

Data, this is pretty much amazing! It's been a little while since I touched the ivories, but I am definitely trying out this piece!
                              Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
                              Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X