Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those Dolls in the Window Look Familiar...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Dolls in the Window Look Familiar...

I last visited Disneyland in January, really quickly at night, before I met a friend for dinner. So I didn't get to see too much, but I did see the window displays at the Emporium. One of the first ones was of the Prince kissing Sleeping Beauty.
    Now, I did get a chance to look at the back of the castle and notice that the door is completely and hopelessly shut to the walkthrough. So I'm wondering if maybe they took some of the dolls out of the walkthrough and stuck them in the Emporium window? Maybe gave the Prince a new wig?
    I haven't been through the walkthrough since 1998, I think, so my memory's a little fuzzy. Does this look familiar to anyone else? I'm sure the animated dolls were still in working order.
    Oo-de-lally!

i haven't ever been through the walk through, but from what I've heard, I think the things from the walkthrough are too big to fit in the emporium window. I could be wrong though, it's been known to heppen.

Comment

Originally posted by AliKzam
      I last visited Disneyland in January, really quickly at night, before I met a friend for dinner. So I didn't get to see too much, but I did see the window displays at the Emporium. One of the first ones was of the Prince kissing Sleeping Beauty.
      Now, I did get a chance to look at the back of the castle and notice that the door is completely and hopelessly shut to the walkthrough. So I'm wondering if maybe they took some of the dolls out of the walkthrough and stuck them in the Emporium window? Maybe gave the Prince a new wig?
      I haven't been through the walkthrough since 1998, I think, so my memory's a little fuzzy. Does this look familiar to anyone else? I'm sure the animated dolls were still in working order.
      Yup those dolls are from Sleeping Beauty's walkthrough, atleast thats what my EVIL friend told me last month.

Comment

It's true. They are from the walk-through.

Here: http://www.ultimateorlando.com/archive/castle/
        Kevin Yee
        MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
        Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
        Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
        Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
        Mouse Trap
        Tokyo Disney Made Easy
        101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
        Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee
          It's true. They are from the walk-through.

Here: http://www.ultimateorlando.com/archive/castle/
          Thanks Kevin, I didn't know for sure

Comment

ORWEN: That was very nice of you Kevin Yee, duckling, to create a link that made it possible for other ducklings to revisit the walk-thru. Of course there were a couple of scenes left out.

ORDDU: Indeed! The scene of Maleficent gathering her forces of evil just before the scene where Aurora starts up the stairs.

ORWEN: The other scene depicted Prince Phillip fighting the dragon. But, still, it was nice to see what was there.

Comment

Gasp! I KNEW it!
              ...Hey, does it kind of creep anyone else out? I mean, that means the rest of those dolls are just sitting there, silent. In the dark. Waiting.
              I felt the same way when I found out the AAs from Splash Mtn. were sitting in America Sings until they were needed. Just sitting there, silent. In the dark. Waiting.
              Yeah. Weird things creep me out. Anywho...
              Oo-de-lally!

Comment

lol, that is kind of scary! the animatronics are taking over! first, tomorrowland, next THE WHOLE PARK! AAAHAHHAHHHHHH!!! :lol:
                Originally posted by drunkmom
                this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Most of the walkthrough is indeed gutted. I've seen it with my own eyes. Didn't have a chance to poke through the last part (Dragon area), but really....it does seem to be torn out without much thought of it possibly returning.

It was my favorite (quietest) area in the park. It's truly sad. I hope it returns in some form.

Comment

Originally posted by kayoss
                    It was my favorite (quietest) area in the park. It's truly sad. I hope it returns in some form.
                    I posted elsewhere about missing this attraction and couldn't agree with you more, kayoss! Whenever I took friends or relatives to the park I would always be sure they saw it. Many people were unaware of it or couldn't be bothered. At times I've seen guests almost running through it to reach the exit.

It was wonderfully detailed and such a nice getaway from the general chaos outside the castle walls.
                    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Except when it smelled like cat pee...
                      Meow

Comment

I did think it was pretty cool to have something inside the Castle though. The Magic Kingdom has a restaurant, Tokyo Disneyland has the Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour, and Disneyland Paris has the dragon. Now Disneyland has nothing...
                        Meow

Comment

Indeed...I never bought that security problem reason for closing it following the World Trade Center's destruction. Perhaps the cats took over the castle after all and they just locked the doors!
                          "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Hmm... I wonder if it would be possible to build an underground dark ride, maybe based on "Sleeping Beauty", and have the walkthrough be redone as an interesting queue?
                            Maybe not, but it would be nice if the space could be used for something besides storage space, I agree.
                            Oo-de-lally!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X