This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Disneyland Park Planner for Iphone/Ipod Touch

Hey guys. Not sure if anyone's already posted on this but there's a new app out in the iTunes store for Disneyland that to me is the first step towards what I hope will becomes something Disney actually releases on their own. Location based planning, timers for fast passes, etc etc. It's pretty neat.

Is it perfect? Not yet but it has a lot of potential

iTunes Store

Re: Disneyland Park Planner for Iphone/Ipod Touch

This is a great idea. Sometime in the future, there should be a mobile program that gives you the current wait times/closures of all attractions and shows. It would save people a lot of scrambling around.

Comment

I just checked one of the apps for the iPhone and saw it already included attraction wait times as one of its features. I wonder how well it works. Anyone have it?
      Last edited by JFSebastian; 04-04-2009, 01:54 PM. Reason: left out

Comment

I've hated this idea since it was first brought up. The reason is is that if everyone knows Indy's a five minute wait from their I phone, they will go there. It currently is by chance and a science for those of us who go a lot. I know when certain wait times will be extremely low and others extremely high. It takes the fun out of it, plus makes all lines longer.
        WELCOME ABOARD
        THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

I took a look at these apps but I don't think I am going to buy them. They tell me what I already know. If they were free, maybe.

Comment

I could see how this could be extremely valuable to a family visiting the park on a vacation, but like already stated, pretty much reaffirms what most of us have learned through repeated process. A bummer it only works on the iPhone 3G though
            sigpic

Comment

I saw a review of this yesterday, either on a Disney blog or maybe Techcruch/Mashable...

It says it's for the iTouch as well, but I don't believe the iTouch has GPS, nor does the park have any kind of wi-fi, afaik, so it would be kind of useless on on iTouch, except for the maps.

Comment

I just downloaded it. I think its a great app. For wait times, show times, and restaurant menus, im sure ill put it to good use. Here are some screenshots I took that shows other things. The i-Parked will be handy once the timon lot is closed.

Micenation

Comment

Originally posted by jfsebastian View Post
                  I just checked one of the apps for the iPhone and saw it already included attraction wait times as one of its features. I wonder how well it works. Anyone have it?
                  I have the app, but ti sucks for wait times. It relies on users to update the wait times. I have only seen one ride updated at a time. Once was indy and once was splash.

It does have some good features though, but I feel it's really designed for the DL novice.

Comment

That is so awesome. I don't have an iPhone, but would be tempted to get one just for all the cool app's they offer..including this one (btw, yes I am a newbie to DL).

Comment

It can't be too great of a program if they don't even know how to spell Goofy.

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
                      I just downloaded it. I think its a great app. For wait times, show times, and restaurant menus, im sure ill put it to good use. Here are some screenshots I took that shows other things. The i-Parked will be handy once the timon lot is closed.

Comment

This is so cool! just added it to my iphone....it will come in handy for our trip next week!!! Wish they had a DCA one, but that's ok, they'd have to change it again when all the new stuff is finished over there.

Comment

I think that's a great idea, but the user-updated wait time thing is a bummer. I hope Disney sees this and takes it above and beyond. I know there was that Nintendo DS thing, but an iPhone application makes so much more sense.

Comment

This looks awesome!
                            Putting the um in forum. Um...

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
                              I think that's a great idea, but the user-updated wait time thing is a bummer. I hope Disney sees this and takes it above and beyond. I know there was that Nintendo DS thing, but an iPhone application makes so much more sense.
                              I agree. I have been looking at the wait times throughout the day and most of the time only abut 1 or 2 rides is updated. One night at 9:15pm there were a lot updated, but I'm not even in the parks that late.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X