Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Disney Films: A Case of Deja View?

Ever watch a classic Disney animated feature and caught yourself thinking, "Hey, this looks familiar"? Well, take a look at this video and you'll know why.

Disney Templates - CollegeHumor Video
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Re: Disney Films: A Case of Deja View?

That's pretty bad. Good thing there are only, like, four movies involved in that video, which is a pretty small subset of their animated canon, but still.

Comment

Wow. I thought they just reused simple things, like a dog or something, but not whole scenes!
      We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land! :yea:

Comment

Comment

(pssst. It's a very bad pun)

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
            That's pretty bad. Good thing there are only, like, four movies involved in that video, which is a pretty small subset of their animated canon, but still.
            Yeah, what this really shows is one way they kept costs down on four consecutive films:

Sword in the Stone
            Jungle Book
            The Aristocats
            Robin Hood

Comment

Comment

It does literally mean "already seen"...

Comment

I've seen a number of these shots before. It's not something that Disney has ever denied. In fact, on the 101 Dalmations DVD the openly show examples of it (specifically the Maid Marian/Snow White dance comparison.

There were many times when they were simply running out of budget or time and had to get a scene done. Rather than spend the money or delay the project, you use animation you have already done. This applies to so many fields. As a coder, you don't retype code you've already done every time. You copy paste and then adapt. Disney merely did the same thing.

The real problem, and this occurred a few times on Snow White, was when the animators would trace from the live action reference footage rather than take inspiration from it. Disney tried to keep this from happening as much as possible, but it did still occur occasionally.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Disney should sue themselves..

Comment

Well, you did have a team of highly skilled artists who did brilliant and unique animation but if you can reuse bits and pieces without being obvious then why not save a couple bucks? It’s just a method that’s used from time to time, and Disney is not the only studio to do it.

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                      There were many times when they were simply running out of budget or time and had to get a scene done. Rather than spend the money or delay the project, you use animation you have already done.
                      A perfect example would be the finale scene of Belle and the Prince dancing at the end of the movie. If you listen to the commentary, the directors actually say that they ran out of time and had to "reuse" the animation of Aurora and Philip dancing, and simply traced it as Belle and the Prince. They were very straightforward about it.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                        Disney should sue themselves..
                        Yes, but would they win? I don't think they could in this case....

I have noticed that and also read somewhere that they admited they copied it and didn't try to hide it.
                        Wow...I've been gone a long time...but I'm glad to be back!!

:yea:Running in the Disneyland Half Marathon this year...first one ever!!! So excited! :yea:

Comment

That was real weird. I'll let you guys decide if it was intentional or not.

Comment

That sucks, the worst seems to be Robin Hood. It looks like they totally copied everything from the dancing sequence in Snow White.

Comment

Goes to show you that Disney isn't just cloning attractions...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X