Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Just Applied For a Job;What to expect?

I just applied for an hourly job at DLR. I am extremely hopeful. I had some amazing references/recommendations (including the District Attorney of my City) and hope my past experience and work ethic will help land me the job.
    I was curious though about how long it usually takes them to process a resume and get back to you? I also was wondering if anyone on here has worked for disney and if they have any advice.
    Thank you soo much,
    dion blair
    dion blair.

Re: Just Applied For a Job;What to expect?

What to expect??? Have you been reading the boards or the newspapers????

Where to start....Corporate inefficiency, excessive middle and upper management, an astronomically high turnover rate, uncertainty of your future, layoffs, frustration, asinine personnel policies, comical parking, huge barrier/prejudice/stereotype between salary and hourly...........etc, etc, etc

I guess today a job is a job, but in my own opinion, me thinks Dland is better left as a place to visit as a customer (guest my British arse) and not as a place to work

Comment

Well my hubby was called within 10 minutes of applying on line and after he interviewed, he was offered a position and working for Disney in 3 weeks. It really depends on the recuriters of what they see in your application.

Comment

What kind of job you guys are talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by swamp rat View Post

Where to start....Corporate inefficiency, excessive middle and upper management, an astronomically high turnover rate, uncertainty of your future, layoffs, frustration, asinine personnel policies, comical parking, huge barrier/prejudice/stereotype between salary and hourly...........etc, etc, etc

I guess today a job is a job, but in my own opinion, me thinks Dland is better left as a place to visit as a customer (guest my British arse) and not as a place to work

Don't believe everything you read.

Working at Disneyland is amazing. Be honest and sincere in your interview, and have faith that you'll get cast in the role that fits you best.
          Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by dionblair View Post
            I just applied for an hourly job at DLR. I am extremely hopeful. I had some amazing references/recommendations (including the District Attorney of my City) and hope my past experience and work ethic will help land me the job.
            I was curious though about how long it usually takes them to process a resume and get back to you? I also was wondering if anyone on here has worked for disney and if they have any advice.
            Thank you soo much,
            dion blair
            Hi there.

Try the link below. It's another board here on MiceChat where there are a few threads about interviewing. There is some good advice there.

Break Room - MiceChat

Comment

Not to be rude, but that was extremely rude. Sometimes people need to keep opinions to them selves

Comment

Originally posted by Space Mountain View Post
                Not to be rude, but that was extremely rude. Sometimes people need to keep opinions to them selves
                I'll second this. Though I have never experienced any of the things Swamp Rat listed, I would not be surprised if they exist in some form as such rumors don't float out of nowhere. But even so, what does it matter? Walt Disney once said, "It takes people to make dreams a reality." The magic of Disneyland is defined by the people who make the dream happen, and these aren't just the people on the corporate level. If you're a cast member, you shape Disneyland, both onstage and backstage, by the magic that you make every day. If you find that the working conditions aren't the most ideal, don't let that keep you from making Disneyland a great place nonetheless.
                Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
                Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!

Comment

Seem a bit bitter or something? As a matter of fact, with the recent layoffs and downsizing, there really isn't much 'excessive middle and upper management' any more. An 'astronomically high turnover rate'? It was crazy during the 50th, but that has died down. Now it's at what you would expect for any large sized non-skilled employer (I don't mean that in a bad way. My own position in Disney would be considered unskilled).
                  Personnel policies are not out of line. Show up, be safe and courteous, look the part, etc.
                  Uncertantity of future and layoffs? Pfft. Maybe if you're entertainment or salaried. The hourly workers? The only worry is lack of hours in non-peak season. They are not laying off foods, attractions, stores, custodial to cut money at all.
                  Parking IS a joke. I'll give you that. I will also allow that there is pretty much a barrier for moving up since the company seems much more interested in hiring in from the outside than promoting from within these days.

I like Disney and your resume sounds great. The catch is the same as everyone else; most departments really aren't hiring. It's as simple as that. There are still portions of the park that are overstaffed and in a time that attendance is stagnant and spending levels have dipped (like everywhere else) there aren't that many positions available anymore. Furthermore, with the tanking economy and unemployment soaring the area, this has also affected the turnover rate. Not nearly as many CMs are quitting anymore since it's not as simple to easily pick up another job anymore.
                  Good luck.
                  "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X