This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disneyland Tickets....

Aight guys just a quick question. Is there a way to check if tickets bought outside Disneyland (ie. eBay, Craigslist) are legit?

A friend of mine bought Disneyland tickets from a lady from Craigslist and she's just wondering if there is a way to check if these tickets will actually work when she uses them.

Thank you for your response!
    There are tons of fish in the sea... you just gotta find your NEMO!
    :thumbup:

Re: Disneyland Tickets....

It might be too late!

Buying scalped tix is a risky way to save some bucks...

You might come up with a story (forgotten tickets, or lost then found, etc...) and call DL and ask if the ticket number is still valid.

Or just show up at the gate and take your chances.

Good luck!

Comment

Unless the tickets are AP passes I don't see what the big deal is. Are DL tickets now tied to certain individuals now, like WDW?

Comment

Originally posted by draybook View Post
        Unless the tickets are AP passes I don't see what the big deal is. Are DL tickets now tied to certain individuals now, like WDW?
        In theory, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by kaykay07 View Post
          Aight guys just a quick question. Is there a way to check if tickets bought outside Disneyland (ie. eBay, Craigslist) are legit?

A friend of mine bought Disneyland tickets from a lady from Craigslist and she's just wondering if there is a way to check if these tickets will actually work when she uses them.

Thank you for your response!
          There is no way to check. She'll just have to take her chances.
          Biggest issue in the way is that the tickets were offered at Craig's List or eBay. Where do you think Disney people are looking for resellers? I think they've heard of the internet.

Comment

This is why you never buy tickets off eBay or Craiglist:

First off, officially, tickets are "non-transferable," so they cannot be re-sold. Of course, this isn't really policed by Disneyland.

The problem is that each ticket has an ID number on the back. If somebody pays with a credit card, calls Disneyland and tells them they lost their tickets, and knows the ID number, the ticket can be invalidated.

The scam on websites like Craiglist, etc. is to sell cheap tickets (especially park-hoppers) for cash. The ticket will work for the first day, but then the person who sold them will report them stolen and have them invalidated, so the person is out of luck the next day.

However, that is more a problem with WDW. At Disneyland, there is a proliferation of people who try to sell their 2fer tickets after using them for one day. If that is what your friend bought, the ticket is probably valid (up until 30 days of first use), and Disney does not police if it was transfered.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X