Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Picture of HM Tightrope walker?

Hi everyone! I'm posting this here, in the Dl forum...and not in my usual WDW forum...cause so many more people come to this one. And, I really need your help!

Our six year old daughter's favorite ride at WDW is the haunted mansion. And when we found out that we would be there for the first MNSSHP, I started thinking up ideas for our costumes. It wasn't long before, my daughter had her heart set on being.....the tightrope walker. Nothing else would do.

So, here's where you come in. I have searched the internet, and cannot find a really good, clear, close up picture of the portrait. I need one where I can clearly see the details on the dress and the correct colors.

I can't tell if there is lace or ribbon on the bottom of the dress, what color the daisies are on the dress skirt....and is that lace on the top of the purple bodice?

Thanks SOOOO much, guys! A trip report will definately be made to show you the final results. OUr trip is the first week of Sept...so, check the WDW forum around the second week!

Re: Picture of HM Tightrope walker?

You mean the one from the stretching room? You could probably just Google it...

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Comment

Yes, just search Google Images for "Haunted Mansion Stretching Portraits" and you will get several--and there are several versions to choose from as well. Here's one:

http://davelandweb.com/hauntedmansio...Parker_N12.jpg

Comment

yeah, I tried that....but, none are really close enough to show the details I'm looking for. I was hoping maybe someone here would have a really good picture of her.

thanks though!

Comment

I know this is kind of creepy and stalkerish but whatever. I've seen one of my friend's room before by way of a youtube video blog. On her wall she has all of the stretching portraits and they are about 4 feet tall I'd say. You might be able to talk to her to see if she can take any close up pictures of details or maybe even scan it for you. Her name on these boards is SkeletonStockings

Comment

the best solution is simply post in the HM threads... where the real HM nuts are. They find everything

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-new-hope.html

Comment

I found some fairly good images--including poeple dressed up as her--using different search terms in Google. These images should be more than enough to replicate closely her dress/parasol.

Comment

In case you haven't found what you're looking for yet I have a couple of 10 megapixel images which might give you the information you're after. These are largely unprocessed so they're kind of ugly. I think the white balance is about right so the colors should be correct. Please excuse the framing and noise. These are just test shots for the low light part of the Haunted Mansion so my camera is set up for other conditions. You also need to take into account that those paintings aren't really that high detail. There's only so much information in them no matter how hi-res the photo is.

Comment

LM----that's a great idea!!! Thank you! I bet she can answer my questions!

Thank you Flynnibus and Steve! I will ask a few of those "HM fanatics" and keep searching the web.

Hopefully I will find everything I need.

Comment

Wish I could help you. There must be a lot of different things out there because I once saw a woman (in fact I was standing in back of her in the HM line) who had the tightrope walker tattooed across her back. I'm not into tats, but this was something. Good luck.

And thanks to your husband for his service to our country. And to you and your family because "they also serve who only stand and wait". (John Milton)

Comment

Macro looks like he/she? has the best source yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Macro View Post
                        In case you haven't found what you're looking for yet I have a couple of 10 megapixel images which might give you the information you're after. These are largely unprocessed so they're kind of ugly. I think the white balance is about right so the colors should be correct. Please excuse the framing and noise. These are just test shots for the low light part of the Haunted Mansion so my camera is set up for other conditions. You also need to take into account that those paintings aren't really that high detail. There's only so much information in them no matter how hi-res the photo is.

oh my gosh!!!! OH!!! That's perfect!!! Absolutely perfect!!! It shows every single little thing I was wondering about! Oh, thank you!

Originally posted by Dopey's Girl View Post

And thanks to your husband for his service to our country. And to you and your family because "they also serve who only stand and wait". (John Milton)
                        aw, thank you. That's means alot. I am very proud of my husband.

Comment

This reminds me, a couple years ago, someone here at Micechat dressed up as that same character. They posted some of their pictures here on MiceChat. It was for Mickey's Trick or Treat Party in DCA.
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

This is a really cute costume idea. I'm hoping pics will come of it?

sigpic

Comment

I can't see picture...
                              Music is my LIFE!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X