This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disneyland Emporium Window Displays

One of the things I miss most about my childhood at Disney is the anticipation of looking at the dioramas they would build in the Emporium windows for the latest movie.

They were always just so beautiful and detailed, I loved walking down main street just waiting to see what was going to be in the next window. Everytime I go by it now and see that generic crap merchandise it's like a little dagger (I've actually taken to avoiding that side of the street).

Does anyone else miss them? Do you think they'll actually do it right for Princess and the Frog?

And lastly, anyone have pics of any of the displays from the past?

Re: Disneyland Emporium Window Displays

I sure hope that they return to the tradition of Emporium window displays for Princess and The Frog. The current 50th ones and the Ratatouille one are both getting long in the tooth and Princess and The Frog is definitely something Disney needs to go all out on in terms of marketing.

Comment

They don't have these up anymore? Didn't they have different movie dioramas up? ...It's been too long since I've been in the parks.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez. :|

Maybe they'll do new ones for UP! And the Princess and the Frog...
      Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Originally posted by robotpirates View Post
        They don't have these up anymore? Didn't they have different movie dioramas up? ...It's been too long since I've been in the parks.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez. :|

Maybe they'll do new ones for UP! And the Princess and the Frog...
        Currently I think there's 2 or 3 up. Two of the "history" of the windows using original character dioramas from the old windows, and one for Ratatouille.

It used to be back in the day that they'd use all of the windows and tell you the story through the windows. Each window would be a different scene and they were always so gorgeous and detailed and man, i miss them.

Comment

In a way I do to wish they change them alot of them don't work to well like the Ratatouille,Tarzan and I think Cinderella are some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Juni View Post
            Currently I think there's 5 up. Three of the "history" of the windows using original character dioramas from the old windows, and one for Ratatouille.

It used to be back in the day that they'd use all of the windows and tell you the story through the windows. Each window would be a different scene and they were always so gorgeous and detailed and man, i miss them.
            fixed that for yah

One is the book at the beginning kind of telling us what is taking place.

Comment

Gracias for the correction Kritter. I was totally guessing (since I've been avoiding that area).

Comment

I miss the window displays too. The Lion King and Aladdin displays were the best. Does anyone have any pictures of those displays?

Comment

I remember some beautiful stuff for Fantasia 2000. The animals on the arc sliding around.

Comment

Originally posted by stitchon View Post
                    I sure hope that they return to the tradition of Emporium window displays for Princess and The Frog. The current 50th ones and the Ratatouille one are both getting long in the tooth and Princess and The Frog is definitely something Disney needs to go all out on in terms of marketing.
                    +1 on that...
                    just do what you think...

Comment

I've always loved to gaze in wonder at the window displays. Right now they even have brought back some familiar faces from the past. I was tickled pink to see Ariel and Beauty and the Beast again. I think they have Pocahontas, Lion King and...hmm, memory is failing me. I was just admiring them last week but this next time I'll snap some photos to share.

Comment

First memory of first visit (1969, age 7) is looking at those windows while my parents got lost.

A bientot.
                        Remember
                        What the dormouse said
                        Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

The Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip dolls that are dancing... I've heard they were from the Walkthrough. Anyone know where exactly? It kinda seems that the Phillip doll was the diorama scene where he was watching Briar Rose from behind a tree (from looking at the videos on YouTube), and it seems Aurora was the one from the last diorama where she was dancing with Phillip. Anyone know for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria View Post
                            The Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip dolls that are dancing... I've heard they were from the Walkthrough. Anyone know where exactly? It kinda seems that the Phillip doll was the diorama scene where he was watching Briar Rose from behind a tree (from looking at the videos on YouTube), and it seems Aurora was the one from the last diorama where she was dancing with Phillip. Anyone know for sure?
                            i dont know, but that Phillip doll is really showing its age. they really need to repaint him

Die Vampire, Die!!!

Comment

Well, it could be worse. We could have WDW's all merchandise all the time displays in the Emporiuim windows.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X