This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] I saw 2 of the old Keel boats behind Main street today

Today during the street party some CM's led a few dozen of us backstage of main street in order for us to get to the front. We entered the back at coke corner and came out by the fire station.
    Along the route we saw 2 of the old keel boats docked in the water. Very cool!
    They looked like they were still in good shape. But I didn't get any pics, they rushed us thru. Still very exciting!
    "eating greens is a special treat"

Re: I saw 2 of the old Keel boats behind Main street today

Interesting to say that since there were only 2 boats in the fleet to begin with. One was Sold on eBay and the other is docked in the river as part of the scenery...

Comment

Wow that's way cool. I'd love to get the chance to check out backstage areas. That's strange though that they have two more... I wonder if maybe they're planning on bringing them back and these are new boats? Very doubtful, but who knows. Perhaps they found a way to keep them afloat.

Comment

I know you said u didn't get any photos but can someone show me what they are. I never hear of these boats before.
        To my respect from a Dodger fan.

Comment

hmm there were only 2? Didn't know that. But there are 2 old keel boats back there. Across from some lockers, floating in the water. I wasn't the only one to see them. LOL or maybe they are not old at all? Just look old. I don't know just saying what I saw.

Comment

Don't you mean Jungle Cruise boats? They've got their spur lines back there and often have a few boats in storage/standby.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly Olive Oliver View Post
              Today during the street party some CM's led a few dozen of us backstage of main street in order for us to get to the front. We entered the back at coke corner and came out by the fire station.
              Along the route we saw 2 of the old keel boats docked in the water. Very cool!
              They looked like they were still in good shape. But I didn't get any pics, they rushed us thru. Still very exciting!

You were walking next to the Jungle Cruise service area... Might they have been service boats for the attraction rather than a Keel Boat?

Comment

Very exciting..glad you liked
                For every reason there is magic....

Comment

Jungle cruise? Oh gee one of the CM directing us thru said keel boats. They sure didn't look like jungle cruise. They had wood sides, maybe she was messing with us as we were all so excited to be back there.

Comment

They were Jungle boats.

One Keel Boat is along Tom Sawyer Island, and the other is in private hands.

Comment

i can imagine too that they were service boats of some sort for jungle cruise, since we definitely know the whereabouts of the two keel boats.
                      "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Sorry, not a DL Keel Boat.

A Keel boat wouldn't fit in that area anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly Olive Oliver View Post
                          Jungle cruise? Oh gee one of the CM directing us thru said keel boats. They sure didn't look like jungle cruise. They had wood sides, maybe she was messing with us as we were all so excited to be back there.
                          I'd imagine "original Disneyland keel boats" sounds a lot more exciting than "ugly Jungle Cruise service vessels".

Comment

I doubt it. The Keel Boats are gone and probably won't return for quite a while, if at all.

Comment

thanks for sharing

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X