Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Does it still turn?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Does it still turn?

    Okay, this may be a completely bone-headed question that has already been brought up, but I am from time to time a bone-headed guy who doesn't dig deep enough to search out the answer on my own. So my apologies if this is a bone-headed, repetitious question.

    I'm curious to know,...can the Carrousel Theater still rotate? Are all the internal mechanisms still there? I have not set foot in that building since America Sings closed. I have not seen Innoventions. So I'm not certain of the building's condition since the renovation.

    In another thread someone brought up the fact that the ornamental whatzit on top of the old PeopleMover station is just the redressed base of the Rocket Jets and (barring California safety code regulations) could theoretically be converted back into a spinning Rocket Jets type attraction again. That got me wondering if the Carrousel Theater would ever be able to spin once more.

    And by the way, does anyone know when the last time was that the theater turned?

    Just curious. Sitting here twiddling my thumbs...waiting for my computer to render something...thinking random thoughts.

  • #2
    Re: Does it still turn?

    Well it does still turn even with Innoventions in there, although as for it being converted back to a theatre I'm not sure. Yet it doesn't look as it would be impossible to turn it back into an America Sings type of attraction if they so wanted.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Does it still turn?

      It turns nonstop now.

      I too don't think that Disney would ever think to turn it back into a theatre. I think that it's the next building set for demolition at Disneyland.
      MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR



      Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
      (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Does it still turn?

        Yeah the only part that ever turned was the bottom outer ring ... these were the old seating area for the America Sings/CoP shows. The stage itself was always stationary. This still turns today. For it to turn back into a show, all you would need to do is install a show in that center bottom section and re-add the bleachers to the outer ring.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Does it still turn?

          On a side note not only does it turn nonstop now, it turns the other way.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Does it still turn?

            It does indeed, but God knows why they still have it do so. Serves absolutely no purpose save wasting a perfectly good idea for a building. Sorry, I'm a tad bitter on the subject.
            My Inspirations:
            Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
            AND
            Robert and Richard Sherman

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Does it still turn?

              Isn't that the site for the proposed new Tomorrowland E-Ticket?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Does it still turn?

                Originally posted by Alex E View Post
                On a side note not only does it turn nonstop now, it turns the other way.
                Doesn't it now turn the direction it originally did for Carousel of Progress? I heard it was flipped for America Sings (contributing to the cast member accident there) and then restored to the original direction for Innoventions.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Does it still turn?

                  Originally posted by caesarboxfan View Post
                  It turns nonstop now.

                  I too don't think that Disney would ever think to turn it back into a theatre. I think that it's the next building set for demolition at Disneyland.
                  I think the building has a lot of potention. All they need is some good ideas, and a miracle from TDA.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Does it still turn?

                    Originally posted by Alex E View Post
                    On a side note not only does it turn nonstop now, it turns the other way.
                    Originally posted by Gregmh48 View Post
                    Doesn't it now turn the direction it originally did for Carousel of Progress? I heard it was flipped for America Sings (contributing to the cast member accident there) and then restored to the original direction for Innoventions.
                    It has always turned in a clockwise rotation since the day it opened.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Does it still turn?

                      Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                      It has always turned in a clockwise rotation since the day it opened.
                      http://micechat.com/forums/yesterlan...ml#post2545661

                      Werner Weiss of Yesterland says that it changed direction for America Sings. I'm pretty sure that the originally direction was restored for Innoventions.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Does it still turn?

                        Originally posted by Outlander View Post
                        It does indeed, but God knows why they still have it do so. Serves absolutely no purpose save wasting a perfectly good idea for a building. Sorry, I'm a tad bitter on the subject.
                        If I may ask, why a tad bitter?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Does it still turn?

                          Originally posted by Gregmh48 View Post
                          http://micechat.com/forums/yesterlan...ml#post2545661

                          Werner Weiss of Yesterland says that it changed direction for America Sings. I'm pretty sure that the originally direction was restored for Innoventions.
                          I definitely remember it turning in the direction it does now for America Sings.

                          Perhaps it did go the other way around for COP. But the direction it moves now is the direction it moved for America Sings.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Does it still turn?

                            I'm not sure how reliable Wikipedia is, but the article on America Sings says the following:

                            Unlike Disneyland's Carousel of Progress, which rotated clockwise, America Sings went counter-clockwise.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Does it still turn?

                              Originally posted by Gregmh48 View Post
                              I'm not sure how reliable Wikipedia is, but the article on America Sings says the following:

                              Unlike Disneyland's Carousel of Progress, which rotated clockwise, America Sings went counter-clockwise.
                              You're right. America Sings did go counter-clockwise.

                              It's funny. Thinking about the attraction from the outside I think it always went clockwise. But remembering the show itself from the inside it definitely did go counter clockwise.

                              So I stand corrected. Although please don't ask me which way I am standing!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X