This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Small new effect in Haunted Mansion

I posted this in the Disneyland project tracker thread and seemed to be ignored so I figured I'd post a thread for it.

I recently heard a rumor that they were testing out a ground layer fog effect in Haunted Mansion in the door hallway. Has anyone else heard this cause it definitely sounds like a cool idea.
    Do you like pictures of Disneyland at night? Check out my thread of epic photos here.

Updated 3/17

Do you like pictures of DCA at night? Sure you do, check them out here.

Updated 2/28

Re: Small new effect in Haunted Mansion

Hmmm. I like the idea of fog. But I can't imagine that it would work in that tight hallway. Each passing doom buggy would create a breeze which would blow the fog up off the floor.

However, I would LOVE to see the fog in the graveyard!!! It could slowly drift from the top of hill that you descend upon down toward the singing busts.

I'm just thinking that air currents aren't going to be this effect's friend. But hopefully I'm wrong!
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Fog in the graveyard would be an amazing sight, but I think it would be even better if they filled the loading station with the stuff. It would help blur the line between reality and fantasy even more!

Comment

Fog in the graveyard would be an unfortunate impossibility because of the singing busts. Their faces are all projected, of course, and if there were fog in the air, the beams of light coming out of the bushes would be very visible. It'd totally ruin the effect, unfortunately.

It could work in other parts of the attraction, though. But I have no idea if they're actually thinking about that.

Comment

that would be cool but i cant imagine a fog effect in the Haunted Mansion
          "Be very careful about following the advice in health books. You could die of a misprint."
          -Shrunken Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post
            I think it would be even better if they filled the loading station with the stuff. It would help blur the line between reality and fantasy even more!

Excellent idea. It would be creepy and awesome. But somehow I think the lawyers would think it was a safety issue.
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
              Excellent idea. It would be creepy and awesome. But somehow I think the lawyers would think it was a safety issue.
              For the CMs working city hall.
              We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land! :yea:

Comment

That would be perfect to have low-lying fog in the loading area, I never really liked that area as it is very plain. Fog would help to create the atmosphere I think they are going for in there, judging by the name of the room, "Limbo"

Comment

That sounds like a cool idea. This effect would look cool in the endless hallway too.

Comment

There are several issues with fog in the loading area, too, unfortunately. For starters, there's a projection in there - a little ribbon of color on one of the walls to hint at distant fog or something. You'd get the same issue with that as with the singing busts, so it'd need to be turned off. Furthermore, fog shows up a lot more easily than black walls. That means it'd probably be visible all the way to the edges of the room, potentially making the boundaries of that space even more easily visible.

Comment

Not to mention that fog obscuring a moving walkway just seems like an unsafe idea. People seem to have enough trouble keeping their balance on those when they can see the darn things.
                      -SilentDante
                      eliselzer.blogspot.com

Comment

What about outside the Mansion? That would have to work.

Comment

Awwww I was kinda hoping that someone would give the poor bride a heart beat....
                          My adventures in Wonderland began when I followed the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole. All of the sudden--I fell! Down... down... down...

Comment

That'd work indeed, WDITrent.

Comment

They don't already have fog out there, do they? I haven't ridden HM at night in a while. I just remember seeing it in promos, but I didn't know if there actually was any.

Just making sure.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X