This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Grizzly River Run Copy

So, I heard that Paris is getting a Grizzly River Run attraction, like the one in DCA.

why?!
    here's a link to concept art:
    photosmagiques.com

i think that GRR is one of DCA's symbols of an "original" park. and if another park has it...then it really doesn't give DCA much unique-ness.

thoughts?
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 04-22-2009, 10:56 AM. Reason: Link to other Disney forum removed per board policy

Re: Grizzly River Run Copy

GRR reminds me of Kalil Water Rapids in Animal Kingdom...
    Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
    www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

^ Yes, but they're not clones, which is what I think the OP was addressing...

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
      HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
      ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
      FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

It really dose not matter. most of us will only get to eurodisney a few times in our life if at all, and DCA will still have the original. it diminishes paris, not DCA
        I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing-it was all started by a mouse

Comment

If they don't have a splash mountain because of snow and weather; Then why would they think that a rapids ride would be any better?

Comment

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
            If they don't have a splash mountain because of snow and weather; Then why would they think that a rapids ride would be any better?
            DLP fans seem to be clamoring for a water ride though.

Comment

Originally posted by LLCMC View Post
              DLP fans seem to be clamoring for a water ride though.
              but then it would just be closed for the end and beginning of the year. It probably wouldn't be a problem, but if one of the reasons they didn't build splash or a jungle cruise because of cold climate, it wouldn't really make sense to me to build a rafting ride. :unsure:

Comment

This is purely rumor based on a random piece of undated artwork. At DLP similar artwork exists for Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, two versions of the Little Mermaid, and a Beauty and the Beast show. This ride would be very impractical for Paris given the climate. Splash would work better...it does in Tokyo. The only "disadvantage" with Splash would be the added cost of construction and maintenance (which is shortsighted, of course, since this could be compensated by increased attendance due to the ride). If Parisian Disneyphiles really want to get wet I think the best option would be for Disney to build the Lava Lagoon indoor waterpark for which detailed designs were drawn up in the 1990s. Clones in other countries don't bother me since very few people go to Disney parks in multiple countries, however there are many ways to improve on the DCA version - addition of animatronics, set pieces and new "natural" features...perhaps scenes akin to Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland.
                Down with the Hat

Comment

Here's a link to the thread with the concept art in it:
                  photosmagiques.com

But indeed, it means squat. Splash is still a far likelier candidate for the next big ride in Paris. So Disney's California Adventure will keep its unique ride for a while.
                  Last edited by NeverNeverland; 04-22-2009, 04:04 PM. Reason: link removed per MiceChat rules

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X