This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I found recently

Some of you might have already seen my post on rec.arts.disney.parks but I wanted to show everyone what I purchased recently.

I apologize for the small low quality picture. I snapped it using my camera phone and this is the only picture I have at the moment.

This was the scale used in the former NASA/space exhibit in DL Tomorrowland. I am a big collector of pinball and video arcade games and this showed up at an auction in San Jose, CA. I was really shocked to see it here and I was 95% sure it was the one from DL. I remember this quite well and there were a few distinct characteristics about it that I remember from the park. I've been able to confirm that this is from DL after finding several tidbits relating to the park.

Mouse Chaos (Michael)

Re: Look what I found recently

Cooness!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Sweet! I can find my weight on the moon and use that on my driver's license from now on.

:lmao:

But, I have to say, that's one hell of a bathroom scale you got there!
      disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
        But, I have to say, that's one hell of a bathroom scale you got there!
        Yes, it is. I had no idea how big it was until I got it home. It barely fit in the garage since the scale is about 8' tall. I have most of my pinball and video arcade collection in the garage and had made space for it. After unloading it from the truck, I almost cr*pped in my pants because I realize that it wouldn't fit in the area I just cleared out. I had to pull everything out of the garage and didn't get everything back in until close to 1AM. Needless to say, the neighbors were not pleased

Here's a very nice site that discusses the NASA Mars Rover at Disneyland

http://www.imagiverse.org/resources/...disney/MER.htm

Notice anything in this picture?

More on the NASA exhibit. Take a look at the pillars that separates each display and how they match the scale.

http://www.intercotwest.com/gallery/...onID=127&Rev=0

Enjoy!

Mouse Chaos (Michael)

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS on your find! And THANK YOU for the shot of my beloved Moon Rock...http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ight=moon+rock
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

It's like I've always said: "I'm not overweight... I just live on the wrong planet."
            "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
            -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
              It's like I've always said: "I'm not overweight... I just live on the wrong planet."
              You and Me....same brain!
              MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I love it
                :crazylegs

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Ad Widget