Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Look what I found recently

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I found recently

Some of you might have already seen my post on rec.arts.disney.parks but I wanted to show everyone what I purchased recently.

I apologize for the small low quality picture. I snapped it using my camera phone and this is the only picture I have at the moment.

This was the scale used in the former NASA/space exhibit in DL Tomorrowland. I am a big collector of pinball and video arcade games and this showed up at an auction in San Jose, CA. I was really shocked to see it here and I was 95% sure it was the one from DL. I remember this quite well and there were a few distinct characteristics about it that I remember from the park. I've been able to confirm that this is from DL after finding several tidbits relating to the park.

Mouse Chaos (Michael)

Re: Look what I found recently

Cooness!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Sweet! I can find my weight on the moon and use that on my driver's license from now on.

:lmao:

But, I have to say, that's one hell of a bathroom scale you got there!
      disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
        But, I have to say, that's one hell of a bathroom scale you got there!
        Yes, it is. I had no idea how big it was until I got it home. It barely fit in the garage since the scale is about 8' tall. I have most of my pinball and video arcade collection in the garage and had made space for it. After unloading it from the truck, I almost cr*pped in my pants because I realize that it wouldn't fit in the area I just cleared out. I had to pull everything out of the garage and didn't get everything back in until close to 1AM. Needless to say, the neighbors were not pleased

Here's a very nice site that discusses the NASA Mars Rover at Disneyland

http://www.imagiverse.org/resources/...disney/MER.htm

Notice anything in this picture?

More on the NASA exhibit. Take a look at the pillars that separates each display and how they match the scale.

http://www.intercotwest.com/gallery/...onID=127&Rev=0

Enjoy!

Mouse Chaos (Michael)

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS on your find! And THANK YOU for the shot of my beloved Moon Rock...http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ight=moon+rock
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

It's like I've always said: "I'm not overweight... I just live on the wrong planet."
            "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
            -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
              It's like I've always said: "I'm not overweight... I just live on the wrong planet."
              You and Me....same brain!
              MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I love it
                :crazylegs

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Ad Widget