Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

WHAT:WHEN:A BOLDER FANTASMIC!:AN EXPLODING CELEBRATION IN THE SKY:

PIXIE HOLLOW ENCHANTMENT: Tinker Bell and her friends have been welcoming guests into their Pixie Hollow home, tucked into the glen near the entrance to Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland, since fall of 2008. This summer, for the first time, nighttime visitors will find magical surprises as Pixie Hollow and the nearby pond come to life in iridescent light shows. Pixie dust cascades across the landscape and radiates down into the pond. Even the water becomes enchanted as playful fountains spring to life, pop jets perform with whimsical precision, and sparkling strobes shine throughout Pixie Hollow.

Updated with additional information from D23:

The D23 website has some further details on the Summer Nightastic! offerings -- I've bolded some interested parts that give more detail on the new and updates shows:
    DISNEYLAND RESORT CELEBRATES SUMMER NIGHTASTIC!
    04.24.09A BOLDER FANTASMIC!: New thrills galore will arrive at the popular Fantasmic! on the Rivers of America in Frontierland. The evil Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty transforms into a brand-new, 40-foot tall, fully animated, fire-breathing dragon. She'll have flapping wings, a moving head and mouth and, at 10,000 pounds, she had to be helicoptered in to the Park! Ursula the Sea Witch from The Little Mermaid will introduce her pet eels, Flotsam and Jetsam, who slither into the show with new power. "They come right up to the sea wall and look you right in the eye!" says Show Director Carla Carlile. During the Captain Hook pirate ship scene, look for a newly animated crocodile, who now even snaps at Captain Hook!

AN EXPLODING CELEBRATION IN THE SKY: Magical is a new Disney fireworks spectacular created especially to celebrate Summer Nightastic! at Disneyland. Tinker Bell is once again your host, waving her wand to ignite the brilliant color, stunning special effects and charming music. But she won't be alone in the sky this summer. Dumbo will make his surprise airborne debut in the new show. Tink's sparkling touch awakens a fantastic array of Disney's most magical characters, from Pinocchio to Mary Poppins to Cinderella's Fairy Godmother and the Three Good Fairies from Sleeping Beauty (wait 'til you see Flora and Merryweather engaged in colorful overhead battle between their signature colors, pink and blue!). Powerhouse vocalist Eden Espinosa, a longtime singer at Disneyland who starred in the Broadway production of BKLYN and also played Elphaba in Wicked, sings Magical's theme song as well as classic Disney tunes like "Baby Mine." Other songs included in this extravaganza include "Second Star to the Right" from Peter Pan, "Hi-diddle-dee (An Actor's Life for Me)" from Pinocchio, "Jolly Holiday" from Mary Poppins and "So This is Love" from Cinderella. Longtime Disneyland composer Greg Smith supplies the score.

NEW FLOATS BRING FRESH MAGIC TO DISNEY'S ELECTRICAL PARADE: Everything about Disney's Electrical Parade will have a new glow as Tinker Bell leads the way, waving from the basket of a magical balloon aboard a new opening parade float. "A fairy's magic lights the way," reveals Denny Newell, senior show director. The parade's beloved music and floats will feature electrifying audio and lighting technologies, with sparkling pixie dust added to all the parade floats. Returning to the parade this summer as well, after several years' absence, are Snow White's Diamond Mine float and two Pleasure Island floats from Pinocchio. "Because of LED technology," explains Denny, "we can do a lot more fun programming." In fact, thanks to LEDs, the Cheshire cat will disappear just like in the movie. Though the Blue Fairy float that used to open the parade has gone on hiatus, Guests with a keen eye will notice that the center mast of Captain Hook's pirate ship is now a foot-and-a-half taller.

AN EXCITING NEW DANCE CLUB 'IGNITES THE NIGHT' IN TOMORROWLAND:PIXIE HOLLOW ENCHANTMENT:
    Last edited by Dustysage; 04-24-2009, 03:26 PM. Reason: Added photo

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

Woot!

Comment

Re: Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

Thanks for sharing!

The Pixie Hollow enhancements sound awesome! I'm also really looking forward to the new dragon debut; still a little worried over the new firework show...will it be anything like Remember?

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
      FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
      Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
        This summer, for the first time, nighttime visitors will find magical surprises as Pixie Hollow and the nearby pond come to life in iridescent light shows. Pixie dust cascades across the landscape and radiates down into the pond. Even the water becomes enchanted as playful fountains spring to life, pop jets perform with whimsical precision, and sparkling strobes shine throughout Pixie Hollow.
        Hmm....I might actually have to finally venture into Pixie Hollow.

Thanks for the news!!

Comment

Yay!
          Its finally released! Im so happy that all of these improvements are going into fantasmic! Its gonna be great to see the new dragon and flotsom and jetsam I wish they would bring back Ursula but that's not gonna happen. As for electrical parade well, they are just bringing back 2 old floats the Pinocchio Pleasure Island, and Snow White Dwarf mine, it still wont be the same since its not as Disneyland Park. And the Blue Fairy will be absent (forever shes not returing as the grand marshall of the parade)and Tinkerbell and her Pixie Pals will open the parade with a new unit.(hmmm sounds like a Light Magic resemblence lol) As for the music its still unkown if the Dreamlights version will be used. Im very excited about the Magical Fireworks show! I think its gonna be good at least the music is, im not expecting anything like Remember Dreams Come True but, sort of like 2004's Imagine-A Fantasy in the Sky still it will be nice to see something new!.

Comment

i'm super excited!! disney nights will be amazing! my friends are going to audition for the electrical parade this saturday! woot!
            HARK! in the Park - Disneyland Themed Days
            Follow @HARKinthePark

dollybeast

flickr

twitter

oh hai~~ *face fills with happiness*

Comment

Originally posted by Maleficent Fan View Post
              Thanks for sharing!

The Pixie Hollow enhancements sound awesome! I'm also really looking forward to the new dragon debut; still a little worried over the new firework show...will it be anything like Remember?

nope... the new show will be scaled back so that more walkways will be open for guests... also this means that the show wont be so easily affected by wind as was RDCT. It also mean that less CMs will be needed to work the guest control and mostly likely the one way traffic roundabout will be a thing of the past.
              Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                WHAT:WHEN:A BOLDER FANTASMIC!:AN EXPLODING CELEBRATION IN THE SKY:PIXIE HOLLOW ENCHANTMENT: Tinker Bell and her friends have been welcoming guests into their Pixie Hollow home, tucked into the glen near the entrance to Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland, since fall of 2008. This summer, for the first time, nighttime visitors will find magical surprises as Pixie Hollow and the nearby pond come to life in iridescent light shows. Pixie dust cascades across the landscape and radiates down into the pond. Even the water becomes enchanted as playful fountains spring to life, pop jets perform with whimsical precision, and sparkling strobes shine throughout Pixie Hollow.
                This is the news I've been waiting for for months. While I'm excited about the changes for Disney's Electrical Parade, I can't help but feel a bit sad about the Blue Fairy's status of no longer being the lead float. In any event, I'm glad to see the Dwarf Mine and Pleasure Island making their return, (will there also be the Pleasure Island Boys in the show, too?). The classic electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds also has be on pins and needles too and who knows what may happen to that. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Time to mark my calendar!!

Comment

awesome info! I can't wait to see what it looks like!

:wave:
                    I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

Oh gah!! Now I'm actually going to have to go to Pixie Hollow!! Noooooooooooooo!

On the other hand, the dragon sounds terrific. I love dragons!

And I've always loved the Electrical Parade. It's not that I'm easily distracted but oooh...lights!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpoe001 View Post
                        nope... the new show will be scaled back so that more walkways will be open for guests... also this means that the show wont be so easily affected by wind as was RDCT. It also mean that less CMs will be needed to work the guest control and mostly likely the one way traffic roundabout will be a thing of the past.
                        Music to my ears!

Comment

Wow that is the worst piece of art Disney has ever released. looks like a lot of cool things coming this Summer.

Comment

I can't wait to see Dumbo fly!
                            - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Zticket View Post
                              Wow that is the worst piece of art Disney has ever released. looks like a lot of cool things coming this Summer.
                              Does anyone remember when computers first started to become "gaming machines" in like '96? They had those horrible 3D games with ****-poor stone wall graphics? While I may be ultra excited for the new show, this publicity art is awful.

Did they have a contest where the worst rendition gets picked for a REAL AD?!

Please explain!
                              Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X