Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southern Califorinian Residents get 3-Day Summer Fun Pass for $99(Merged threads)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Southern Califorinian Residents get 3-Day Summer Fun Pass for $99(Merged threads)

Expect this summer to continue to be packed -- Disney is continuing to discount admission for Southern California residents like crazy, replacing the 2fer with a 3-Day Pass for $99:
    Disneyland Resort Unveils Incredible Value for Southern California Residents: 3-day Summer Fun Pass for $99

ANAHEIM, Calif., April 24 — Just in time for summer, the Disneyland Resort announces a valuable ticket offer – the 3-Day Summer Fun Pass, available exclusively for residents of Southern California and Northern Baja.

With this special ticket, local residents can play at the Disneyland Resort for three days within a 45-day period, for just $99. Guests who live in zip codes 90000 through 93599, and 21000-22999, will be able to enter both Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure, enjoying three days of fun for only $33 per day.

The 3-day Summer Fun Pass is available for sale at Disneyland.com, Disney Stores and at the Disneyland Resort box office. Resident ID is required. To skip ticket lines and enjoy straight-to-the-gate convenience, the 3-Day Summer Fun Pass is also sold at local supermarket and retail chains such as Vons, Albertsons, Ralphs, Stater Bros., Food 4 Less, Gelsons, Dearden’s and Toys ‘R’ Us.

Since the first use of the pass must be between June 1 and August 23, 2009, it’s just the ticket for local residents to see Disneyland Resort in a whole new light during SUMMER NIGHTASTIC! Nighttime shows and parades come to life – bigger, better and brighter in this special summer event. Spectacular, state-of-the-art effects, plus an all-new fireworks show highlight the sparkling summer entertainment that runs June 12 through August 23.

"When you combine our Summer Fun Pass with our Summer Nightastic! entertainment, guests get a great value when they visit the Disneyland Resort this summer," said Jill Estorino, senior vice president of marketing for Disneyland Resort. "New energy, new entertainment and a whole new feel will make Disneyland the hottest spot in Southern California this summer for kids of all ages."

For more info on the Summer Nightastic! events, check out this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ancements.html

This is a big discount -- to compare prices:
    1-Day Parkhopper Ticket: $94
    3-Day Summer Fun Pass: $99 (get two days for $5 more)

3-Day Parkhopper Bonus Ticket: $199 / Online price: $179
    3-Day Summer Fun Pass: $99 ($80-100 savings)

3-Day Park Hopper Bonus Ticket - Everyone Gets In for the Kids' Price deal (Valid thru April 30): $149
    3-Day Summer Fun Pass: $99 ($50 savings)
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 04-24-2009, 03:23 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: Southern Califorinian Residents get 3-Day Summer Fun Pass for $99

wow.. discount city! who says Disney never lowers prices?? Looks like all the stops are being pulled out now.

Comment

This is not new, though this year looks like expanded availability. Last year it was only at supermarket chains, IIRC.

Comment

If I buy one will they check ID at the gate? Don't want to have to prove that my niece lives in SoCal (she does)when I get to the gate

Comment

Sounds like a good deal, but for $35 more (about one more day in cost according to the breakdown cost), a person can get the So-Cal Select AP and have plenty of other opportunites to enjoy the Park.

Of course, the block-out days will apply...

Comment

This is certainly a great discount compared to regular park admission prices.

I already have an AP, so this doesn't apply to me... but I was just curious: Can the price of this ticket then be applied to a SoCal Select AP for a difference of only $35? That would be great, and basically give you three free summer block out days with your new Annual Passport! I would try it if I could!

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
              Sounds like a good deal, but for $35 more (about one more day in cost according to the breakdown cost), a person can get the So-Cal Select AP and have plenty of other opportunites to enjoy the Park.

I was thinking along the same lines as you.... see my post above. It would be great if you could enjoy those 3 summer days and then upgrade the ticket to a SoCal Select pass, however!

Comment

That's a great deal. It's going to be a busy Summer for sure and should also help the local hotels. Smart move considering the economy. I applaud their willingness to discount their normally solid Summer attendance. Kudos!
                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Those are uber low prices. Wow! Amazing value.

Comment

Originally posted by Finding Gigi View Post
                    If I buy one will they check ID at the gate? Don't want to have to prove that my niece lives in SoCal (she does)when I get to the gate
                    They have the right to check ID, but they usually don't. It is a risk you take for breaking the rules. A SoCal resident is allowed to purchase them for non-SoCal residents under the age of 18.

Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post

The SoCal Select AP is blocked out during the majority of June, all of July and almost everyday in August, including all of the first two weeks.

Comment

that is definitely smart there.

Comment

Wow! I was planning on taking my daughter and her maid of honor to Disneyland this summer for a couple of days. That discount will come in handy for us!

Except it will mean that the crowds will be unbelievable... But with three days to be there, we can just hide out at the motel in the middle of the day and still have time to catch everything.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Summer Fun Pass!

So Sorry if this already has a thread and I missed it. I did look!

The new Summer Fun Pass: Disneyland Resort Newsroom: Disneyland Resort Unveils Incredible Value for Southern California Residents: 3-day Summer Fun Pass for $99

This is such a great deal! I'm really a bit excited about it. That's just a little over the price of a 1 day park-hopper! And that's HALF of what a 3-day Park Hopper usually costs. I have my AP, but I'll definitely be using this great deal if people who don't have one want to go to the park with me this summer.

I'm not really sure why Disneyland always offers these kind of deals for SoCal residents only, though. It seems like they would want to also attract more tourists from all over the country and world because they spend so much more at the resort on food, lodging, souvenirs, special experiences... You'd think they'd at least want to attract people from NorCal and Nevada and Arizona as well, who are within a day's driving distance and would pop over for a cheap(er) 3 days at the DLR.

So how do you think they'll enforce the residence thing as well? Just at the time of purchase? The article says that proof of residence is needed for "admittance" but they never check anything at the turnstiles so maybe they just meant at the time of purchase.
                          Last edited by StrikeYerColors; 04-25-2009, 12:42 PM.
                          "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Re: Summer Fun Pass!

Disneyland does put a lot of attention to Arizona through AAA offers and tv advertisements, but probably figures people coming from those states are typically taking a once a year or so vacation and want to get as much money from them as they can whereas with socal people the challenge is to lure them back as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by MAH4546 View Post

The SoCal Select AP is blocked out during the majority of June, all of July and almost everyday in August, including all of the first two weeks.

Yes, but I ask again. Can you purchase the 3-day ticket for $99, enjoy your 3 summer days in the parks, and then use the value of the 3-day ticket toward an AP? In that case it would be only $35 to upgrade to the SoCal Select, and you would essentially get 3 free summer days in the parks, in addition to the non-blocked days the rest of the year! That would make it an even better deal! I already have an AP, so I can't even do this if I can, but I'm curious... Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X