Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

My Own Disney Park Design

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] My Own Disney Park Design

Last edited by WJNM; 04-25-2009, 10:18 PM.

Re: My Own Disney Park Design

Seems like their is too much if you ask me. Slim it down to the the best of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
      Seems like their is too much if you ask me. Slim it down to the the best of the best.
      True ... too many e-tickets right next to each other. Thanks for the advice! BTW, can you guys see the picture? It's not showing up on my side, but my comp is having trouble today with graphics for some reason. If you can't see it, does MC generally have tech issues with displaying flickr pics?

Comment

Originally posted by WJNM View Post
        True ... too many e-tickets right next to each other. Thanks for the advice! BTW, can you guys see the picture? It's not showing up on my side, but my comp is having trouble today with graphics for some reason. If you can't see it, does MC generally have tech issues with displaying flickr pics?
        No, I cannot see the picture. Another thing, it doesn't make much sense having Everst and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Two massive icons, that really shouldn't need to compete with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by WJNM View Post
          Coincidentally I just joined flickr today for the sake of my trip report and ran into the same problem. I also found a solution.

Click the "all sizes" button at the top of the picture after you click your picture's thumbnail. Then, choose the size you want "there should be grey buttons that say "medium, large, etc.". Then scroll down and grab the photo's url.

Come back to micechat and click on the "insert image" button and paste the url.

And wellah your picture will appear in the post.

Comment

No, I cannot see the picture. Another thing, it doesn't make much sense having Everst and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Two massive icons, that really shouldn't need to compete with each other.
            Agreed. I think I will be removing Journey to the Center of the Earth soon because I didn't like how it turned out ... it'd be good for an expansion. I think when I redo some Discoveryland elements I will do that.

Originally posted by Goover View Post
            Coincidentally I just joined flickr today for the sake of my trip report and ran into the same problem. I also found a solution.

Click the "all sizes" button at the top of the picture after you click your picture's thumbnail. Then, choose the size you want "there should be grey buttons that say "medium, large, etc.". Then scroll down and grab the photo's url.

Come back to micechat and click on the "insert image" button and paste the url.

And wellah your picture will appear in the post.
            Thanks Goover, I appreciate the help! I should have known that, but I've been conducting the day with some sort of mindblock haha.

Comment

No railroad around the park?!?

I strongly reject your design.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                No railroad around the park?!?

I strongly reject your design.
                Haha I know .... I'm looking at some ways of making that work. I unfotunately got carried away before I got to that.

When I redesign MS Plaza, I'm going to add a railroad station to the front, renovate the Haunted Mansion, and have the train tunnel through BTMRR/WRE. Then it can go through tunnels/dioramas while it travels over the show buildings for Pirates and Indy. I'd have to redo some TL areas, mainly bring the domes of Mission to Mars forward. It can tunnel through the RSS building easily enough, but the biggest challenge was aesthetically for the western border of Storybookland (behind the TSMM/TLM show buildings). But I plan to expand the area behind there, between those show buildings and the lake, so it should work.

My own Disneyland will never be completed.

Comment

Am I not seeing a Castle on your design? I suggest the legend of Zelda castle- oh wait, that's not Disney.

Have Disney buy them out and then put that castle in the park.

But if you have to go with a Disney castle then I'd love to see The Beast's Castle complete with bottomless side foggy fall to the death hole as seen in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                    Am I not seeing a Castle on your design? I suggest the legend of Zelda castle- oh wait, that's not Disney.

Have Disney buy them out and then put that castle in the park.

But if you have to go with a Disney castle then I'd love to see The Beast's Castle complete with bottomless side foggy fall to the death hole as seen in the movie.
                    That would be fun! But alas, no castle, nor plans for a castle. From the entrance, my version of Fantasyland is on the side, and it wouldn't make sense to have a castle on the side rather than up front. I know, I'm breaking tradition, but I wanted to go a bit different here.

Comment

I see no castle? And why would the castle lead to Discoveryland? Weird...

Comment

I see no castle? And why would the castle lead to Discoveryland? Weird...
                        No castle ... and if it was in its traditional place, it would lead into Discoveryland. Like I said, it's a different design. Do you think there should be a castle built on the side that would lead to Storybookland? I'm not against doing it. It'd be a good weenie leading to the land.

Comment

"Agreed. I think I will be removing Journey to the Center of the Earth soon because I didn't like how it turned out ... it'd be good for an expansion. I think when I redo some Discoveryland elements I will do that."????

Great! I just find this new park and my favorite ride is being replaced already. The "Save the Journey" campaign starts now!

I kid. It looks great, especially for doing it in Paint. Any chance of posting some of the other, more elaborate versions from the past? It would be great to see how detailed you can make it with the Paint program.
                          sigpic

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
                          Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

Comment

Why not use the golden colored spacy looking space type of design for the castle they were going to use for Disneyland Paris as seen in he Imagineering book... then you have the castle in the center and it would fit with the theme! Who said the castle has to be for the Fantasyland section of the park? Why not let it lead to Discoveryland
                            Add me... I dont bite LOL!
                            http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
                            http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Comment

I think it really depends on what you're going for. If it's a Disneyland, then I think it should have a castle at the center and it should lead to the Fantasyland of the park. The basic DL framework you can take a lot of thematic directions, but I think if you leave the basics too far it'll loose it's core identity. If this is some new type of park, well then I think you can do anything you want, but then I think you should also remove some of the iconic DL attractions that IMO should only ever appear in DL style parks.
                              The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                              -Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X