Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] The Gullywhumper passes into legend..

Gather round and mourn the passing of the Gullywhumper as she is now in Davy Jones' locker.

Re: The Gullywhumper passes into legend..

Originally posted by aenobarbe View Post
    Gather round and mourn the passing of the Gullywhumper as she is now in Davy Jones' locker.
    Huh? Sank? Trashed? Is there a reason you're being cryptic?

Comment

Disney has removed the Gullywhumper from its home in the Rivers Of America. It will not be returning. Why it was removed and why it wont be coming back I dont know. But I am sure that someone on this site will have all of these details for us. It does seem appropriate to bow our heads as this attractions makes its final movement into Yesterland...
      Last edited by NewguY; 04-26-2009, 12:39 AM.
      "Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was in vain; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act upon their dreams with eyes wide open, and make it a reality"

"Keep Moving Forward"

"If you think you can't you won't, If you think you can no one can stop you"

Comment

That is sad. The last reminder of the keel boats. I've wondered about the waterline getting closer to flooding it the last few times seeing it. I even thought they might have put something under it to hold it up - guess not.
        sigpic

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
        Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

Comment

Psst, psst, hey Tony - yes you - Mike Fink's gonna lose the race, you'd better hurry and fix him up a vessel or he'll lose his title as King of the River!

Comment

i always wanted to go inside of it too.

Comment

So that is what I saw just behind the fence on the tram route the other day. The Keel Boat was up on a raised platform back there. I know the last time I saw it in the River when riding the Mark Twain, it was already half-sunk. You could see it was full of water and probably just sitting on the bank of the river. They must have decided to finally take it out. Maybe they will fix it?

Comment

You never know, it might come back.

Comment

Now may be a good time to question my life because this really bums me out.

Comment

It's quite eerie back there too.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteGCUnit View Post
                      You never know, it might come back.
                      They have the technology.... but do they have the time and the budget?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                        Or the interest?

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post

Are you suggesting that we might soon have a Bionic Gullywhumper?!?!?! :yea:

The Six Million Dollar Keelboat!
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Sorry to ask, but what's a Gullywhumper?
                            "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                              Are you suggesting that we might soon have a Bionic Gullywhumper?!?!?! :yea:

The Six Million Dollar Keelboat!
                              Oh, you caught that obscure cultural pop reference!

Originally posted by firebolt413 View Post
                              Sorry to ask, but what's a Gullywhumper?

One of the last keel boats, left over from days gone by. It was sitting in the Rivers of America and you could see it as you cruised by on the Mark Twain.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X