X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland Wait Time Twitter- MC community experiment

Folks,

Let's go ahead and try something. I created a twitter account for Disneyland wait times.

It's called "DisneylandWait" on twitter. The idea is for those of us who go often/once or whatever have a nice way to communicate with everyone what the current wait times are of the various rides at Disneyland.

Just login to the Disneylandwait account on twitter using the password mickeymouse and just post the ride name and waiting time. For example the format would be DL: Space Mtn 45 minutes or DCA: Soarin 25 minutes . That's pretty much it.

No need for any other information as twitter provides time/date . If you want to use twitpic that'd be great as well.

Thanks,
    KB24

Re: Disneyland Wait Time Twitter- MC community experiment

Sounds like a real good plan, can't wait to see how it all works out!
    --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

Cool! I hope you have better participation than I did with my DL wait time project.

Of course, I was using email/SMS and a web site to show the data. Twitter is probably a much better choice. If you have any interest in automating or recording the data to a web site, I'm a programmer and I have lots of experience in writing Twitter "bots".

Comment

sounds pretty cool, ill do it if i remember!!

sigpic
        and they lived happily ever after

Comment

Seems like a lot of work to me...

Comment

I have the iphone app and I think people just put anythign in for the wait time. They had the wait time for peter pan to be 10 minutes when it was well over an hour. So, the system only works if the participants update it correctly.

Comment

There's a demand for accurate wait times, but really no incentive for people to post them.

Comment

it looks like its being abused to me...

Comment

ya what is to guarantee someone actually posts a legitament wait time.. for example I see there Soarin' 2 minutes and Indy 2 hours. I don't think those sound right!
                  Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                    There's a demand for accurate wait times, but really no incentive for people to post them.
                    I posted hem when I was there, but it didn't really matter since people were already posting the wrong times. They had IASW at 5 minutes when it was more like 30 to 40....

Comment

The password was changed, either by the original owner or somebody who just felt like taking over the twitter account. That's obviously not the way to approach this.

Comment

Ya you should make a password and make it only available to the 1000+ post community people who ask for it. Make the people who get it show some dedication and desire to post accurate times not made up ones.
                        Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

this is what happens when posting a password to an open account on the internet...:whistling

Comment

maybe make it a requirement to have people take a "photo" or cell phone cam shot of the Time board to post.

Comment

Password has been changed. only users who want access should PM me. and only users who are trustworthy will be given access.

This isnt too much work, if you have an iphone and twitterfon youre all set.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X