Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most romantic spot to watch the Fireworks?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Most romantic spot to watch the Fireworks?

My girlfriend and I are going to Disneyland in a few days. I want to tell her I love her for the first time during, or after the fireworks show over the castle, where would be the most romantic spot to do this? I want it to be perfect.
    I want to be as secluded as possible, with a good view of the castle and the fireworks.

Re: Most romantic spot to watch the Fireworks?

Well, I know you want a few of the castle, but you could ask a CM by the Rivers of America that you want a romantic view with your girlfriend and you can ask to watch from the Dream Suite. When the Dream Suite is not in use, CMs have permission to allow people up there to watch the fireworks.

Comment

I'd imagine from the honeymoon suite at the Grand Californian.

Comment

Try the Storybook Canals.

They stop the ride during the fireworks and all the boats that are out go park in the middle of the canals and you have a few of the matterhorn and the surrounding miniatures all lit up during the fireworks.

A lot of people tend to "time" their entrance into the queue for these last boats...so you may want to try and request from a CM if you can ensure a spot. Try and get to talk with a CM off to the side and tell them your story. Who knows...you may even get lucky and get your own boat if it's not too busy? Never hurts to try!

Comment

Good for you! And if things go well and progress, the steps of St. Boniface's church on Lincoln in Anaheim has one of the best "free" views in town.

Comment

Those sound great! Can you hear the music and see the fireworks well from those locations? now I really get to show my ignorance...What is a CM and how do I know when when I see one?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Disney View Post
              What is a CM and how do I know when when I see one?
              A CM is a cast member. Look for the name tags.

Good luck!
              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by Djov2 View Post
                Try the Storybook Canals.

They stop the ride during the fireworks and all the boats that are out go park in the middle of the canals and you have a few of the matterhorn and the surrounding miniatures all lit up during the fireworks.

A lot of people tend to "time" their entrance into the queue for these last boats...so you may want to try and request from a CM if you can ensure a spot. Try and get to talk with a CM off to the side and tell them your story. Who knows...you may even get lucky and get your own boat if it's not too busy? Never hurts to try!
                This would be a great idea if the fireworks were running during the middle of the week. For right now, the park has gone back down to the 10am to 8pm hours, and the fireworks only run on the weekends. If you want a romantic spot to view the fireworks and the castle, then your only bet is in the plaza hub area, but you'll need to get a spot more than an hour before.

But here's another spot, and I saw this just last night. Right now, Fantasmic is not running, and the Mark Twain Steamboat has been making evening trips around the Rivers of America. Before the 9:25 fireworks, the boat loads, but won't run until the fireworks are over. (Once the fireworks end, they close up the gates and they're off. They waste no time!) You can watch the fireworks from the top deck of the Steamboat, you can see the tops of the castle, and you can also see the Matterhorn (and Tinkerbell come out of it). This is a REALLY romantic spot to view the fireworks from, and if you stay on, you also get a romantic night trip around the Rivers of America, under the stars.

If you do decide to do this spot, hit me up with a PM. I'll reply with an extra romantic gesture that'll help show her much you feel.

Comment

When I worked at Verizon, I had two friends there, one of them was on my team, and they're both passholders at the time. Her fiance proposed to her, in front of the castle, right before the fireworks. He arranged it with CM's to rope off an area for them, and the launch of the fireworks depended on her answer. Right when she said yes, the fireworks started. Really knocks out my Catalina Island proposal on the beach right out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by AidensDaddy View Post
                    When I worked at Verizon, I had two friends there, one of them was on my team, and they're both passholders at the time. Her fiance proposed to her, in front of the castle, right before the fireworks. He arranged it with CM's to rope off an area for them, and the launch of the fireworks depended on her answer. Right when she said yes, the fireworks started. Really knocks out my Catalina Island proposal on the beach right out the window.

My fiance proposed in front of Snow White's Wishing Well on my birthday. It was really special. Obviously considering my name you can tell how much snow white means to me. lol.

Back to the question at hand I really like the upper deck of the inoventions building to watch the fireworks. There is hardly anyone up there, you have an amazing view of the submarine lagoon, and you have a view of all of tomorrowland. And yes you can hear the music from this location.

Comment

It's too bad you can't get to the top of Tarzan's Tree House to see the fireworks.

Comment

This thread is just too sweet for words.

One day, I too will have a Disneyland worthy boyfriend, and they will think of sweet things like this.

*wishes*

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X