This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monorail

I was at the park today, and rode the monorail. Was I disappointed, the thing looks soooooo rickty and old. It is time for a new one.

Now that I have said that, does anybody have any info. Color chages, station changes, seating chages, loading/unloading procedures, etc. Any body have any info?

Re: Monorail

the whole thing is supposed to be taken down for over a year for a complete upgrade in conjunction with the new Nemo Sub ride. it's suppoed to start in just a few months. there have been several articles on it around the web.

despite how old it is, it will be sorely missed while it is rehabbed.
    a friend of Walt.

Comment

The Strong Rumor is that the Monorail will go down for the major refurb on Monday, January 9th, 2006, and will remain closed until May of 2007.

The main reason why is to allow for a major remodel of the Tomorrowland Station, specifically to allow for a new queue to be set up for Finding Nemo. A major problem is the fact they placed the Elevator for the station where the loading needs to happen for Finding Nemo (it was installed after the Subs closed). The new lower area will be designed for FASTPASS, plus a special area where folks who can't walk down the sub stairs can watch a special video of the ride.

Quite awhile ago, they took Monorail Orange to a WDI facility in North Hollywood to start working on making a new set of trains for use in 2007.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdat.../dlr040628.htm

So expect to see the new trains showing up sometime in 2007 to start testing.

What not to expect, any changes to the track itself, except for some basic maintenance and paint.
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Will they have a new configuration, or is it too early to tell. I assume the will use the circa '69 chasis. Probably an in-house job, so should we expecting something amazing or something completely new witha new seating configuration.

Comment

Expect the trains to be the exact same size, since it has to run on the current track.

With the current height, they will have to remain with a seating configuration, so don't expect many changes.
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

yeah, but WDW was able to make some intersting changes, and they had to deal with the hurrican doors at the Contemporary. Of course their original trains were larger. I just hopw that DL gets the double doors on both sides, to be able to unload on one side and load on another at the TL station, and hopefully the DL

Comment

Dtd*

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X