This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsters Is Covered In Plastic!

Did anyone Darkbeer's pictures of the Monsters Facade being covered with platics. I take it w/ all the cement being takin out and stuff they dont want debree(I totally spelled that wrong) all over it.

Re: Monsters Is Covered In Plastic!

debris....

You are prolly right, as that much work next to a new facade is trouble brewing.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

yes the whole facade would probably get dinged up w/ out it.

Comment

Be a shame to chip that nice new plywood after all of the effort and money they expended... oh, wait.. nevermind.
        Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder
          Be a shame to chip that nice new plywood after all of the effort and money they expended... oh, wait.. nevermind.
          I know...if you look at his pictures closely, you will notice they still left the faux pool-wall siding as the cement border on the bottom of the facade. How does NO DIVING relate to Monster's Inc.? Oh well, maybe they will get rid of it, who knows.

Comment

I always figured they were so worried about people running away from the ride as fast as they could and diving headfirst to the safety of the sidewalk that they put it there to satisfy the lawyers.

Comment

That's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by almandot
                I always figured they were so worried about people running away from the ride as fast as they could and diving headfirst to the safety of the sidewalk that they put it there to satisfy the lawyers.
                :bow: ) ) :bow:

No, I am not going to make fun of the ride until I actually ride it...

Comment

Even tho the outside of Monsters Inc. looks pretty cheap right now, I'll wait until the grand opening to make my final decision. Besides, we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Even if that cover does look awfully lame!
                  Love Is An Open Door
                  :love:

http://facebook.com/PatrickDisneyGuy

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenEars
                    Even tho the outside of Monsters Inc. looks pretty cheap right now, I'll wait until the grand opening to make my final decision. Besides, we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Even if that cover does look awfully lame!
                    That statement has been used time and time again and it is wrong. TOT looked cheap and look at it, it isnt even as good as a TOT that is 5 years older then that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                      Tot looked cheap and look at it, it isnt even as good as a TOT that is 5 years older then that one.
                      I knew from the concept art that ToT wasn't going to impress. I love the ride, but it can't hold a candle to the Florida version. (And I'm not just talking about 5th dimension room. Florida has many realistic touches that Anaheim's lacks.)
                      -Monorail Man

Comment

Well, lets hope that the plastic is being used to get the last breath outta Super Star Limo out of it's lungs. That ride was weak, but still interesting enough to let us all know of Pressler's reign. It is the only dark ride in DCA, and its missing is being missed. TDA is doing things to improve the Hollywood Back Lot, but ToT and Animation are the only things working back there (take in count Millionaire, Soap Opera Bistro, and Hollywood & Dine), not to mention the prestige bathrooms back there. Can anything save this place? (Insert existing thread here).
                        Demo the parking there and can we move that handicaped ramp for the tram in Timon's Parking further down the line towards Paridise Pier to make room for a Rockin' Roller Coaster? (Insert another existing thread here).
                        I don't like clones just like the next MiceChatter, but I think that's what, at this time, DCA has to do. PS, where do I sign up for the DCA alliance?

Comment

I also think that DCA ToT lacks something that Florida version has. Maybe is that garden you cross to enter the hotel, with that oldie-jazzy-creepy music sounding like an echo and introducing you to the story.

A couple of days ago in dlp.info forums were discussing something amazing: the ToT in Paris maybe won't have the Twilight Zone theme. Has anybody here hear any rumour about it?. I cannot imagine ToT without TZ, but the rumour says they want some more "international" for Europe, and Twilight Zone is *only-english* and not very popular here. I really hope is just a false rumour.

And sorry about the off-topic :S (opps!).

Rafa (imAg!)
                          ---
                          rafatorcida.me

Comment

You know... if they built IASW today, we'd be complaining about that facade too. I'll wait till we get a glimpse of the attraction, before I decide whether it's good or not. It could go either way at this point.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Totally agree, Morrigoon.

Those aren't fully animated animatronic dolls... *cheap cheap cheap*

And that song, why does it keep repeating? You'd think Disney would have enough money to put in more than one song on this ride.

[/sarcasm]

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                              You know... if they built IASW today, we'd be complaining about that facade too. I'll wait till we get a glimpse of the attraction, before I decide whether it's good or not. It could go either way at this point.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X