Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Which restuarant is better for dinner, Blue Bayou or Ariel's Grotto

Ill be planning a trip to Disneyland in July with my girlfriend and we want to have a dinner date. I want to go to the Blue Bayou, she wants to go to Ariel's Grotto. So my question is what is the better restaurant? Which has the better food? Which has the better pricing.

Re: Which restuarant is better for dinner, Blue Bayou or Ariel's Grotto

If she wants Ariel's Grotto then I would have to recommend Ariel's Grotto...

Personally I would say Blue Bayou, but if she requested Ariel's Grotto then it sounds like she made up her mind.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I would recommend the Blue Bayou right now, because, personally, the construction at Paradise Pier has really obscured all the views from Ariel's Grotto. I went in last Friday, and the view wasn't the best.

Comment

My best advice is to go with what she wants. Chicks dig getting their own way.
        Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I haven't eaten at Ariel's Grotto, so I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about, but honestly, unless the interior is perfectly themed to make you feel like you're dining underwater in Atlantica, I have a hard time imagining it beating the Blue Bayou for ambiance! The food at the Blue Bayou is, IMO, not that fantastic, though, so I can imagine Ariel's Grotto beating it in that department.

Originally posted by sunnygirl
          My best advise is to go with what she wants. Chicks dig getting their own way.
          My best advice is to find a chick who expects a 50/50 split, and then is pleasantly surprised when you happily spoil her a little.

Comment

the last time we ate at the blue bayou we had the new Surf and Turf combo (filet and lobster tail) and it was simply the best meal we've ever had there over the years.

i would encourage eating there, and remind your girlfriend that the view at Ariel's is not up to par due to the construction surrounding it and tell her that you want her to have the most romantic of dinners at the happiest place on earth....

that should change her mind
            Will there be screams when the sun sets,
            -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
            elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
            Originally posted by pratt55
            Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Yeah, in all seriousness, do play up the romantic atmosphere of the Blue Bayou if that's what you end up pushing for. It's absolutely gorgeous in there...so peaceful, so immersive. Really takes you somewhere completely different.

Comment

Look at the bright side, you're going to have a great dinner with either choice. Ariel's does have tho option of having a glass of wine with dinner.
                Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
                  Ill be planning a trip to Disneyland in July with my girlfriend and we want to have a dinner date. I want to go to the Blue Bayou, she wants to go to Ariel's Grotto. So my question is what is the better restaurant? Which has the better food? Which has the better pricing.

Better restaurant= Blue Bayou.

Better food= Blue Bayou.

Better pricing= Depends on what you order.

Better chance of any future dinner dates= Ariel's Grotto! :lol:

Comment

Step 1: Don't be a sap, take her where she requested, Ariel's Grotto. If all goes well, proceed to step 2.

Step 2: For your next nice dinner take her to Blue Bayou. But make sure you get a waterfront table! No waterfront table, no good. Get that? No waterfront table, no good! Very important! And not during Fantasmic, the bass bleeds all over everything including your chowder, and totally blows the BB ambiance.

Go forth and prosper.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                      Step 1: Don't be a sap, take her where she requested, Ariel's Grotto. If all goes well, proceed to step 2.

Step 2: For your next nice dinner take her to Blue Bayou. But make sure you get a waterfront table! No waterfront table, no good. Get that? No waterfront table, no good! Very important! And not during Fantasmic, the bass bleeds all over everything including your chowder, and totally blows the BB ambiance.

Go forth and prosper
                      Step 3: Submit Trip Report after both dates. But make sure you submit pictures! No pictures, no good! Get that? No pictures, no good! Very Important! And no flash pictures in Blue Bayou, the flash blinds everyone within 200ft, and totally blows the Pirates ambiance.

Go forth and come back with reports

:lol:
                      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

just hit up the corn dog truck
                        it's more magical than it sounds
                        sigpic
                        kindly make your way inside, there are dozens dying to join you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob the Butler View Post
                          just hit up the corn dog truck
                          it's more magical than it sounds
                          Well, yeah- everything is more magical when it's laced with cocaine.

What? You didn't know that's why they're so darn addictive?

Comment

I can't say anything about Blue Bayou cause I have never gone to it. As for Ariel's I haven't gone there over a year now send my friend Snow White no longer works there. Also they have change the menu so don't know how the food is now. But when I did when there it was good food. I always when for the Samon or fish and chips but like I said haven't been back there over a year now.

Comment

Two totally different experiences. I love both restraunts for differrent reasons. I love the BB for a nice romantic dinner and Ariel's for the magical princess experience. The princesses go around to the tables and you can have some personal one on one time for autographs and pictures. BB doesn't have that. Both are pricey so it just depends on what type of experience you want. Good Luck.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X