Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

$99 So Cal parkhopper

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] $99 So Cal parkhopper

I called the resort and asked the CM if they check the ID of the person using the So Cal hopper. He said "NO" Do you think this is true or up for grabs? My sister lives well within the zip codes authorized to use them so my friend Lisa CAN purchace them. I have heard sometimes the gate CMs ask for ID which would be a problem because sis is not coming with us. I have an AP. Is it worth the risk? I think it is for that price but just don't want to have my friend embarassed.

Any info

Thanks
    Janette

Re: $99 So Cal parkhopper

I've bought So Cal tickets for people and taken them to the park. In my experience the CM's at the gate are usually way to busy to worry about checking ID and they just scan them, hand them back and move on.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

yep i think they wont noticed it.. but i think its ok to try your luck.. lol
      just do what you think...

Comment

Can anyone provide a more definitive answer to this question? I'm sure once you have the pass you are fine, but what about purchasing them? Do they ask for ID at time of purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by chadb14 View Post
          Can anyone provide a more definitive answer to this question? I'm sure once you have the pass you are fine, but what about purchasing them? Do they ask for ID at time of purchase?
          They absolutely check for SoCal ID at purchase, though they will accept alternatives, such as a cable bill (officially accepted) or school ID from a SoCal-area university (unofficially accepted; most CM's will take it, but they don't have to).

They have the right to check for ID at the turnstiles. It's a risk one takes.

Comment

Someone with a SoCal ID can purchase up to 8 tickets, regardless of where the other guests are from.

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
            Flying through the stars just like
            Peter Pan
            I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
            Disneyland...
            -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

Comment

They do not check your ID for these at the turnstiles. Don't worry about it. They do check when you buy them, but you are able to buy in multiples. I've done it on a few occasions when taking guests from out of town to Disneyland.

No one will check your ID at turnstiles. There is your definitive answer.
              My Disneyland After Dark Flickr set!
              My Disneyland Flickr set!
              My Walt Disney World Flickr set!

Comment

Note, to post #6 and 7...

First off, the rules are clear, the Socal tickets are to only be used by SoCal Residents, each and every ticket....

From the official rules from Disneyland.com

Tickets valid for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999. Proof of residency required for admission.

And as someone who enters the Park Turnstiles multiple times a week, I have seen guests get stopped and asked for ID, and then be turned away.

DO they do it often? IMHO, the answer is no, BUT they DO do it.

So it is Buyer Beware!
                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Thanks for the solid answers guys. Now who wants to meet me at the park and buy them for me (j/k - I woulldn't ask anyone to do that for me). I'll be renewing my regular AP next time I go down (hopefully).

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                    Note, to post #6 and 7...

First off, the rules are clear, the Socal tickets are to only be used by SoCal Residents, each and every ticket....

From the official rules from Disneyland.com

And as someone who enters the Park Turnstiles multiple times a week, I have seen guests get stopped and asked for ID, and then be turned away.

DO they do it often? IMHO, the answer is no, BUT they DO do it.

So it is Buyer Beware!
                    Are you sure you aren't just having having everyone on? You have honestly been right behind someone and saw them ask for ID for a Socal Park Hopper at the turnstiles? SEVERAL times?

I don't know man. The only reason I started to get the Socal tickets for guest was b/c the actual person at the ticket booth TOLD ME to do it once when I was getting one for myself and my out of town friend (I went a few years without an AP) and I asked for one Socal special and one regular. He told me just to buy both as Socal and that they only check when you purchase it.
                    My Disneyland After Dark Flickr set!
                    My Disneyland Flickr set!
                    My Walt Disney World Flickr set!

Comment

Originally posted by Mel- View Post
                      You have honestly been right behind someone and saw them ask for ID for a Socal Park Hopper at the turnstiles? SEVERAL times?

Never question authority!

Of course you can believe him, he contributes to an online weekly article about Disneyland! He knows his stuff!

Yep, buyer beware! Rules are rules...

Comment

Originally posted by Mel- View Post
                        Are you sure you aren't just having having everyone on? You have honestly been right behind someone and saw them ask for ID for a Socal Park Hopper at the turnstiles? SEVERAL times?
                        Yes, I tend to attend the park 2 to 3 times a week, which includes about 4 trips through the turnstiles in one day to get the photos I need for the MiceAge articles.

Does it happen every time, no, but I have seen it it at least 5 times in the last few months.

I don't like getting too detailed, but it tends to happen when the lines are shorter and/or the guests give the CM at the Turnstiles some "attitude".

I know some very senior members of the folks in charge of the Park Turnstiles and the Ticket Booths, and have heard more than a few stories about the "lack of residency ID" issues.

Can you get away with breaking the rules... Alas, many folks do. But some folks DO get caught.

Have CM's given out the WRONG info, alas, yes, more often than you might expect.... Heck, CM's ask me about the official rules on a regular basis (usually from different departments). I do know what I am talking about.
                        Last edited by Darkbeer; 05-17-2009, 10:08 PM. Reason: Typo
                        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I realize the rules but am curious, is there more frequency for CMs to check IDs if the passes have been purchased from a SoCal grocery store (where IDs might not be checked when they are purchased) vs. buying tickets from the ticket booths?

Or does it all have to do with how busy the lines at the turnstiles are? If one were to do this, would the advice be to enter the park when the lines are longest (i.e. right when the park is opening?)

Not that I would recommend breaking the rules to anyone ;-)
                          Last edited by nhesson; 05-17-2009, 10:58 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

What is it about...
                            Tickets valid for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999. Proof of residency required for admission.
                            ...that's so hard to understand?

It doesn't say "Proof of residency required only for when your purchase, but not at admission."

It doesn't say "Proof of residency required for admission unless we screw up and forget to check your ID."

It doesn't say "Proof of residency required for admission unless you call us and find some newhire on the phone who doesn't know the rules."

What's the problem?

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                            Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                            imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

I personally think it is unfair and discrimnary that only the SoCal residents get these. These should be offered to all. We also deserve the same discounts. I live in Tucson,Az and try to go to the parks a couple of times a year unless I get an Ap, in which case I try to go more often but when I don't have an AP I would love to purchace one of these passes.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X