Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

    Disneyland

    An iPhone/iPod Touch compatable App is now available in the marketplace ..TimeStream Software's Disneyland Park Guide. It's features include 120 pages of detailed information on Disneyland rides, indoor and outdoor shows, parades, fireworks, restaurants, tickets, park hours, park tips, hotels, etc.

    It would be my guess that the same type of helpful DCA information should become included in the new tool's software once Phase One of the makeover is complete.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

    Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Disneyland

    An iPhone/iPod Touch compatable App is now available in the marketplace ..TimeStream Software's Disneyland Park Guide. It's features include 120 pages of detailed information on Disneyland rides, indoor and outdoor shows, parades, fireworks, restaurants, tickets, park hours, park tips, hotels, etc.

    It would be my guess that the same type of helpful DCA information should become included in the new tool's software once Phase One of the makeover is complete.
    Here is my thought in regards to this, some of it likely already included...

    Wait Times- Disney needs to implement a much more accurate way to gauge wait times. If it wasn't so expensive I would say radio id. Point is, get it accurate, then get it on the iphones. That right there will be a tremendous time saver

    Downtimes- Ride goes down, let the iphone know. Again this is a major time saver. Ride officially comes back up, tell me. This saves a constant walk back and forth hoping that my ride is finally up.

    Fastpass- Easy enough to do now, stream the current windows at the respective locations. DO NOT allow for any way to get one over the iphone (which is possible since it goes off your ticket barcode... please no). This will save people a walk over to x location just to see what the Fastpass times are. Once again, not a supporter of Fastpass but if it's there might as well use it.

    Dining- Allow for descriptions, reservations, and a green to red indicator to gauge how many tables are currently being utilized. This would avoid the "it's too crowded let's do it later" after someone walked over there already.

    Shows- Again easy enough to do, post show times. Also allow for additional postings (ie extra Fantasmic added at the last minute) and notifications if a show is canceled.

    Tickets- Somewhat pointless if you are already inside, but allow for purchase. Also allow for tour information and ticket purchase/reservation

    Again some of it will likely be in there, others not so much... but that is what I would hope for in an app.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

    sigpic

    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

      Originally posted by techskip View Post
      Here is my thought in regards to this, some of it likely already included...

      Wait Times- Disney needs to implement a much more accurate way to gauge wait times. If it wasn't so expensive I would say radio id. Point is, get it accurate, then get it on the iphones. That right there will be a tremendous time saver.
      As to wait times, Disneyland would need to keep the app updated on a daily if not hourly basis ..perhaps some sort of triggering mechanism that would automatically notify the app whenever new wait times are posted. Wide ranging non-current, inaccurate information would cause guests to ignore the wait time info on the device.

      Originally posted by techskip View Post
      Downtimes- Ride goes down, let the iphone know. Again this is a major time saver. Ride officially comes back up, tell me. This saves a constant walk back and forth hoping that my ride is finally up.
      Great idea! Reported downtime and "back in operation" notification would allow for one to plan their day in a far more productive manner.

      Originally posted by techskip View Post
      Fastpass- Easy enough to do now, stream the current windows at the respective locations. DO NOT allow for any way to get one over the iphone (which is possible since it goes off your ticket barcode... please no). This will save people a walk over to x location just to see what the Fastpass times are. Once again, not a supporter of Fastpass but if it's there might as well use it.
      I agree. Post the Fastpass times on the iPhones/iPods ..but definitely do not allow people to use their devices to access FastPasses. Too much potential for abuse.

      Originally posted by techskip View Post
      Dining- Allow for descriptions, reservations, and a green to red indicator to gauge how many tables are currently being utilized. This would avoid the "it's too crowded let's do it later" after someone walked over there already.
      Dining is yet another area that would lend itself to more time-saving convenience. The itemized menues and prices could also be posted.

      As for reservations, I would prefer not to make mechanized reservations in the absence of consulting a real on-sight person at the full service dining establishment of interest. Therefore, I would prefer to have each restaurant's phone number so that I could consult a manager when making a reservation - which can envolve a good number of variables.

      Computerized reservations would lead to a jammed system due to people that make reservations and do not show up. Plus, an impersonal system would prevent guests from working out seating arrangements, and from finding out other info that can only be handled live.

      Originally posted by techskip View Post
      Shows- Again easy enough to do, post show times. Also allow for additional postings (ie extra Fantasmic added at the last minute) and notifications if a show is canceled.
      The posting of show times is one of the best advertised features. Info on cancelled shows would be extremely helpful.

      Originally posted by techskip View Post
      Tickets- Somewhat pointless if you are already inside, but allow for purchase. Also allow for tour information and ticket purchase/reservation

      Again some of it will likely be in there, others not so much... but that is what I would hope for in an app.
      The ability to utilize the app to purchase tickets in advance would be flatout awesome!
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

        In regards to updating. There are aps now that are able to provide updated information if the individual selects it. It also depends on the interface the app chooses to utilize. In short... it can be done... depends on if Disney would like to do it.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

        sigpic

        "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

          Originally posted by techskip View Post
          In regards to updating. There are aps now that are able to provide updated information if the individual selects it. It also depends on the interface the app chooses to utilize. In short... it can be done... depends on if Disney would like to do it.
          Let's hope Disney is motivated ..cause I would definitely like to have continual access to updated information on DCA once the new rides and shows open. Look foward to World of Color opens, whatever show might take place in the Carthay Circle Theater, Little Mermaid and Carsland.
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

            I keep waiting for a Disneyland related App to come out for the iPhone that is actually worth downloading. I think the single most important feature I would use/want is accurate wait times. How many times have you walked across the park to find out that the ride is 60+ minutes?

            And definitely adding what rides are down would be fabulous!! One day we went over to DCA, just to ride Screamin', to find out that it was broken.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

              Originally posted by krpink View Post
              I keep waiting for a Disneyland related App to come out for the iPhone that is actually worth downloading. I think the single most important feature I would use/want is accurate wait times. How many times have you walked across the park to find out that the ride is 60+ minutes?
              It's frustrating.

              Originally posted by krpink View Post
              And definitely adding what rides are down would be fabulous!! One day we went over to DCA, just to ride Screamin', to find out that it was broken.
              Wow! Your talking about a good 45min to an hour's waste of time.
              Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-19-2009, 08:37 AM.
              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

                Don't know about you guys, but I would MUCH rather have an iPhone app for MiceChat. I already spend nearly enough time on it (this site) while sitting at home with my computer, and I can just imagine how much more I would be on this site if there was an app for it. It could be very basic I'm sure with blog/forum views and the ability to make posts. I mean, I already do this on my iPhone while I'm at the park sometimes, but the load time for this site on the phone is ridiculously long, and it would be fun/easy to have an app for it.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

                  Originally posted by TheGrimGrinner View Post
                  Don't know about you guys, but I would MUCH rather have an iPhone app for MiceChat. I already spend nearly enough time on it (this site) while sitting at home with my computer, and I can just imagine how much more I would be on this site if there was an app for it. It could be very basic I'm sure with blog/forum views and the ability to make posts. I mean, I already do this on my iPhone while I'm at the park sometimes, but the load time for this site on the phone is ridiculously long, and it would be fun/easy to have an app for it.
                  Well there's a novel new kiccker of an idea. MiceChat would then bear the destinction of being the first major entertainment focused blog site to use app. Pretty darned good notion, GrimGrinner.
                  To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

                    Originally posted by TheGrimGrinner View Post
                    Don't know about you guys, but I would MUCH rather have an iPhone app for MiceChat. I already spend nearly enough time on it (this site) while sitting at home with my computer, and I can just imagine how much more I would be on this site if there was an app for it. It could be very basic I'm sure with blog/forum views and the ability to make posts. I mean, I already do this on my iPhone while I'm at the park sometimes, but the load time for this site on the phone is ridiculously long, and it would be fun/easy to have an app for it.
                    Would you be willing to pay for the app? Because, while it might drive more users to the site, it would also cut down on ad revenue if you don't have to visit the site.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

                      Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                      Would you be willing to pay for the app? Because, while it might drive more users to the site, it would also cut down on ad revenue if you don't have to visit the site.
                      Good point, Mojave. Suppose there's always the possibility of integrating audio commercials (like the ones on radio) for app users to listen to prior to tapping each section of park information.
                      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

                        I kind of doubt Disney would provide real-time updates on attraction downtimes and wait-times... more specifically the wait times.

                        Due to the ease of accessible technical information, these real-time wait time updates could likely be accessed by anyone... and people would start checking them out before even GOING to the park (referring to AP holders mostly), gauge the wait times, relate it to general park attendance for that day, and then decide if it is worth going to the park.

                        In other words, I think that providing this information would harm Disney's attendance (and consequent revenue production) much more than it would help it. Any concept that has the potential to turn people away is something Disney would likely stay away from.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

                          Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                          Good point, Mojave. Suppose there's always the possibility of integrating audio commercials (like the ones on radio) for app users to listen to prior to tapping each section of park information.
                          This was really in reply to the idea of a MiceChat iPhone app.

                          For a Disney created/supported app, I think it would be free.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

                            Originally posted by Nemo! View Post
                            I kind of doubt Disney would provide real-time updates on attraction downtimes and wait-times... more specifically the wait times.

                            Due to the ease of accessible technical information, these real-time wait time updates could likely be accessed by anyone... and people would start checking them out before even GOING to the park (referring to AP holders mostly), gauge the wait times, relate it to general park attendance for that day, and then decide if it is worth going to the park.

                            In other words, I think that providing this information would harm Disney's attendance (and consequent revenue production) much more than it would help it. Any concept that has the potential to turn people away is something Disney would likely stay away from.
                            First and foremost Disney needs to develop a much more accurate way of gauging their wait time. The current system relies on CM updates which may, or may not, be reliable. As I said I would have suggested a radio ID type system or a sensor based system to determine current capacity. Either option would be expensive. I just don't see Disney shelling out for something like that. It would be a heavy investment in a system that really wouldn't have a return. They could easily stream the current system wait times but again it may or may not be accurate. It depends on when the CM's updated it last.

                            One thing that would be tremendously helpful is displaying what window Fastpass is currently issuing for, combined with the system clock so you can accurately gauge on Disney's system.

                            I think it would be extremely helpful for Guests in the park, as well as for AP's trying to decide if they want to show up. This could deter people from busy days, but also encourage people on slow days. Slow days are when they need AP's the most... so I see it as a Win Win.
                            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                            sigpic

                            "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Handy iPhone/iPod Touch App Containing DL Park Info Now Available

                              My son's iTouch can connect to wifi (limited use, not sure what it can see). It could connect to Disney wifi, which can provide wait times, priority eating, downed attractions opening, etc., if something like that were available.
                              Having it all available to 30000+ guests might render the info quickly useless.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X