Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Idea To Replace The Fantasyland Theatre...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] An Idea To Replace The Fantasyland Theatre...

I found a website called The Neverland Files and I found some info on a AA show based on Beauty and the Beast for Disneyland Paris. It sounds very cool and could work well as a replacement for the Fantasyland Theatre. There could be newer technology (a trackless ride?), but Fantasyland needs a newer film to be represented...and we need to abolish PFF! Maybe move the Princesses to the Motor Boat Cruise area and put a small Princess boat ride in.....

Here's a link with more info:
    The Neverland Files: Beauty and the Beast ride
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Re: An Idea To Replace The Fantasyland Theatre...

Very interesting. I would love to see a Beauty and the Beast ride built somewhere at a Disney Park. It would be especially great for Disneyland Paris since the movie is in France.

Comment

Didn't know they had plans for this... I've got a rough Beauty and the Beast ride idea for that very area actually. It would be so much better than the abomination that is PFF.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

PFF itself may not be the greatest, but the theater itself was actually designed pretty well. I always feel bad when people want to scrap the theater because of it's current occupants.

While it would fall under the attraction department I would probably still think of it as a show (I think of Tiki this way as well). Initially it would be extremely popular but that popularity may begin to wane over time. I honestly don't think such a large space should be devoted to a rather small occupancy show. Ironically the design would require something small (Tiki is 220 people) to create the atmosphere of intimacy.

On a personal note I would welcome an attraction designed around Sword in the Stone or Robin Hood.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I'd like to see a dark ride based off of either Beauty And The Beast or Cinderella got into Fantasyland. I think for the Cinderella ride Guests could go through the scenes in the beautiful coach or the pumpkin.

Comment

I think WDW has a Beauty and the Beast show. I'd rather have something original in this space or ANY space really. This stage holds many dear memories for me from my days of cheerleading (please don't throw tomatoes). It's such a large wasted space that could surely house something imaginative, what exactly I don't know. It's not my job to come up with it.

Facebook me!
            Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I would prefer to see a newer version of the "Mickey Mouse Revue" put into the spot. Its the perfect transition between Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown.

Pretty much the only scenes that would stay are 3 Little Pigs, 3 Caballeros, and Cinderella. Replace Snow White With Beauty and the Beast, The Seven Dwarves for "Be Our Guest", Alice for Aladdin "A Whole New World", Zip-a-dee-doo-dah for "Hakunamatata"...etc.
              Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Comment

Is there a show playing in that theatre now??

Comment

Nope just Princess Fantasy Faire... a terrible Meet N' Greet with lines longer than cany of the Mountains
                  WELCOME ABOARD
                  THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

that really does sound like a fantastic idea! there should have been a sleeping beauty ride a lonnng time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
                      I'd like to see a dark ride based off of either Beauty And The Beast or Cinderella got into Fantasyland. I think for the Cinderella ride Guests could go through the scenes in the beautiful coach or the pumpkin.
                      I'd rather see Beauty and the Beast as a dark ride. I am just not that interested in shows, even if they are enhanced by new effects. The major core elements of the park are attractions. Adding (and I mean GOOD new attractions), replacing (and I mean GOOD replacements) or enhancing (and I mean GOOD enhancing) attractions should supersede any additional shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Christi View Post
                        Is there a show playing in that theatre now??
                        Not necessarily a show...more like a big meet and greet with the princesses. It's kinda lame personally...and honestly, there really hasn't been anything good in there for awhile...the Snow White show tanked, and so did this. We need to not only scrap the FL theatre, but also the Festival Arena in Frontierland...

Comment

Do not get rid of the Fantasyland theater...... Put something in it!! It should be used as a theater.
                          Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I really liked it when they had those short plays there. they were cute.

Comment

So basically it was supposed to be a stage show, like the one at WDW, only with AAs instead of costumed characters. It sounded amazing though. I liked the concept of entering the castle two different ways. It would've been something totally different.
                              sigpic
                              Home away from Home.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X