Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in the basics of dispatch at various attractions?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Interested in the basics of dispatch at various attractions?

Earlier today I was looking back over my grouper sim and had the idea to give a dispatch console a shot just to see how far I'd get before giving up on getting the buttons to work right. After much frustration, I think I have a very basic handle on getting these buggers to work. Now, normally I'd keep these sorts of things hidden away until I'm beaming with pride from the finished product, but I'm afraid I'll end up getting bored of it or forget about it entirely, so I'm sharing it with the public to hopefully see some interest.

It's only a few hours old, which is quite visible from the two-button console! Nonetheless, the basics are there and I've got the actual ride system in place which should ease up on adding more buttons and features, such as simulated guests boarding and exiting the vehicles.

Be sure to enable annotations if you have them turned off, I used them rather than blurry text in the video to describe the various features I've implemented so far.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhPkPrApYi0&fmt=18]YouTube - New Programming Project - Disneyland Dispatch Console[/ame]

Like I said, there is a lot missing from the console, plus there are no timers between anything; it just waits for the appropriate conditions and jumps on it. I just wanted to get something tangible finished.
    Piano performances: Bohemain Rhapsody, To Zanarkand
    Theatre organ performances: Singin' in the Rain, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite, My Foolish Heart

Re: Interested in the basics of dispatch at various attractions?

Wow! Very nice! I'd love to be able to do something like this.

Comment

It is good, for a start but you do have some things wrong. I used to work space mountain (recently) so if you need info I can explain it all to you. You can ask me anything just pm me.

Comment

The button you have marked as "Gates" usually only has 2 positions. The main reason it doesn't have 3 positions is that you really wouldn't easily be able to tell which position it is in. The button only offers a "lit" and "unlit" indicator light. It can blink, but in a safety environment, that could be easily confused with "lit". And as for using multiple light colors, outdoor applications of it won't be very readable in broad daylight. It's a safety system after all. These buttons tend to be used more as a button that you push when you need to stop something from happening. An example would be an Emergency Stop. They offer a bit of resistance when you pull them out, so it would be a real workout if a ride operator had to press and pull it out 60+ times each hour.

The "Dispatch Auth" button is typically used as an enable or reset, so your usage of it here works. They are often used to hold a vehicle until both the system and the ride operator agree that it is clear to proceed.
        Last edited by Moving Sidewalk; 05-23-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X