This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] the strangest experience you ever had @ disneyland~

i'm just curious. because i've had some doozies when i look back. for example, i was in line once for space mountain, and i look to the left of me, and theres this 89 year old lady getting ready to board; didn't look to strong. had a walker. she handed it to this guy, he sat it by the exits. away she went & there was this other time when a drunk woman, looked to be in her 50's, was in line with me at the haunted mansion. during christmas time. i took a picture of the nightmare before christmas decoration and she's all; "goood picture honeyyy" then she preceded to hump me and my friend. then i shouted; "do you know who i am!? i'm the king of england!" then she gasped and said; "your magesty!" it wasn't before too long that park security came for her ;D anywaaays; i'd really like to hear of your, strange experiences!

Re: the strangest experience you ever had @ disneyland~

wow. the drunk lady experience is a doozy! Good come back from you, though. LOL

Comment

Drunk humping ladies? You weren't dressed like Jack Sparrow were you? They're worse than horny dogs...

As for my experiences, there was the one time I saw a guy with three beers completely hammered at 10 in the morning boarding MM. He came off, looked at me, and said, "Kid, don't ride this ride after three beers" and then proceeded to vomit on the exit stairs. Other than that, I went on gay days, and was asked to share a seat on the Matterhorn by this other teen boy (I'm 15). I had to nicely decline and tell him I'm straight. He was very dissapointed...
      WELCOME ABOARD
      THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

I saw and old lady get on Space too! We were really worried, but then right before we were boarding she arrived back at the loading zone and looked happily thrilled. I would call it one of the coolest things I've experienced, not strange.

The funniest thing I ever saw was an old man in the smoking area by the Columbia wearing an 80's satin baseball jacket with a local San Diego area strip club embriodered on the back of it.....It made me laugh so hard I took a pic!

My Disneyland After Dark Flickr set!
        My Disneyland Flickr set!
        My Walt Disney World Flickr set!

Comment

One time, so my mom says, I was maybe 2 at the time, so I don't remember, but one time, my mom, my brother, and me were going on Peter Pan, and some random lady came with us. We didn't know her, she just sat there and rode with us. xD So that was pretty strange.

Comment

Haha, LD's, what a DejaVu!

Comment

Id say the strangest thing that has happened to me was when I was in line for the Matterhorn. This hammered guy behind me asked me if it was my birthday. When I said no, he proceeded to scream at me at the top of his lungs, saying that you can only go on the go-carts (???????) if it was your birthday. He than forces me out of line and bent over and burped in my face. Security took him away, and I was relocated in my line.

I thought that was rather strange.... :rules:
              Check out my Trip Reports on Youtube!

Comment

There was a time when I really wanted to just enjoy the park and take a picture of Walt and Mickey. I have always liked the partners statue so I wanted a picture of it. I walked over there around noon on a Sunday thinking it would be an easy picture. The whole place was packed with people all talking to each other, milling about, causing general mayhem. I couldn't get near the Partner's Statue. Even if I could get close enough there was way too many people to even move my arms to get the camera out. I have never seen so many rabid Disney fans crowded into such a small space... it was the strangest experience I have ever had

Eventually I was able to take my picture. Then I turned around and said hello to all my Micechat friends.:meet:
                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Usually Cast Members are the most helpful people and great with everyone at DL at least in my experinces at the DLR. However one trip when I was maybe 11 or 12 can't remember exactly which trip it was only thing I do know it was before my trip in 2000 because it was before DCA opened. Anyway I was in line for King Arthur's Carousel and The Cast Memeber didn't seem to care what anyone did. Instead of counting how many people he was letting on the carousel he just opened the gate and it was a free for all. I was then pushed into the gate by several stampeeding adults (mind you these weren't other kids they were adults) and got minorly hurt (never reported an injury) and I was near the front of the line and did not get on that time...My dad being the protective father he is went and complained to someone in charge of that Cast Member and in turn they let us have front of line access for one ride per person. Dad and brother took peter pan and I being the little thrill seeker that I was/am I went right for the Matterhorn! Only really strange experince I have had at Disneyland that comes to mind. Never before and never after had I met a less caring cast member...Maybe he was having a bad day I just don't know but that shouldn't have happened!
                  My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
                  Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
                  "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
                  ~* Uncle Walt *~
                  2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

Comment

Ok in seriousness now...

I came in one morning to work Jungle only to find that it was down so I headed out front along with some other Skips to tell the morning Guests the standard spiel. As usual people tend to gather and wait a few minutes hoping that we'd magically open up. And when they stick around we talk to them. The usual "Where you from" etc. Well this older Gentleman replies "Boston". My grandparents are from Mass, and my Grandmother is from Boston... specifically Boston Harbor. As I talk to the gentleman he starts to zero in on that area. When I mention my grandmother he asks her name. I say her first name and he replies with her maiden name... complete shock on his face. I ask his name and then ask him to wait a moment while I borrow another CM's cell and make a quick backstage call. In a few moments I was talking to my grandmother and I asked her about the name. A few moments later she was talking to a childhood friend she hadn't seen since she left Boston in 1943.

Second story
                    My wife's uncle lived for many years on Catalina. When he died my wife went over to the island to be at his funeral. About a week later I was on Jungle when I struck up a conversation with a guy who was wearing a Cubs hat. Little known fact... Cubs Spring Training used to be on Catalina. I mention it. Turns out the guy is from Catalina. I comment that my wife's uncle used to own a store and the guy starts to tear up. All of Avalon knew him as Uncle Chuck. He was the old man who smoked, joked, played poker, and gave kids money to go get candy and baseball cards! The man's wife was walking out of a store and he quickly beckoned her over. They both asked me to express my condolences to the family, they simply said to say that Avalon missed her Uncle Chuck.

It's strange how I seem to randomly meet people from my past, or people that know my family. When my wife and I started dating we quickly discovered I knew her brother, and her cousin from High School. When she introduced her friends, two of them turned around laughing because they'd known me since Kindergarten! It's odd, it just happens, and over time I have come to accept and appreciate it.
                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

You know the strangest experience I had...................... while working, HISTA had a 7 HOUR DOWN TIME!!!!! Weird, isn't it???

Comment

something happened to me during grad nite. we arrived just as the park was clearing out for closing. about 10 minutes before closing a park guest ran up to me and recognized me "jason, for heavens sake I havent seen you in ages how have you been?' she said and proceeded to give me a hug. one of those passionate, havent-seen-you-in-a-long-time-missed-you-like-crazy- hugs. we split apart and then she gave me her address and phone number and said "we have to get together and talk. take care" and left. tell you the truth? I havent a clue as to who the heck it was :lmao: but looking on the bright side, I met a new friend that apparently I havent seen for ages. mistaken identity perhaps? passage of time caught up with me and I forgot who she was? wierd huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                          You know the strangest experience I had...................... while working, HISTA had a 7 HOUR DOWN TIME!!!!! Weird, isn't it???
                          What was the reason for why it was down?
                          Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
                          I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

I once saw a guy drinking one of those gigantor cans of Bud Light right next to the Teacups. There were several CMs around, and no one said anything. :blink:

And I didn't want to cause a scene, so I just carried on...

Comment

Originally posted by simmer View Post
                              What was the reason for why it was down?
                              They blew up the shrinking machine!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X