This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Bay Area When GRR is Drained

A couple people were saying that, when Grizzly River Run is down and the water is drained, it is stored in the Bay Area's lake area. Does anyone know if this is true? Because there is a very prominent water line that is a couple feet higher than what it normally is when Grizzly River Run is up and running. Also, if anyone has any photos of the higher water level, could you please post them? This has been gnawing at me for months now!

(PS: here is a pic of what it normally looks like):
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Re: Bay Area When GRR is Drained

Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    A couple people were saying that, when Grizzly River Run is down and the water is drained, it is stored in the Bay Area's lake area. Does anyone know if this is true? Because there is a very prominent water line that is a couple feet higher than what it normally is when Grizzly River Run is up and running. Also, if anyone has any photos of the higher water level, could you please post them? This has been gnawing at me for months now!

(PS: here is a pic of what it normally looks like):
    I don't have any photos, but it's definitely true.

Comment

I second the motion to claim that it is very true!

Comment

I am now interested in seeing a picture of this area while GRR is drained.

Comment

It's very much true. If you're sitting and having lunch at the Wharf and see the "tide" come in at 1pm, then you know that something is definitely wrong. )
          "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

It's true. It's one of the things that the Imagineers put in, it adds to the charm. Grizzly River Run's water comes from the Wharf, so when it's down or in rehab, the water level is in high tide... when GRR is in operation, it is in low tide.
            Burnt Toast
            The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

There was a thread talking about this a few months back - maybe one of the old DCA Project Trackers? Search is failing me. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure those in the know said that it is drained every night.

Comment

Yep. When I ran the 1/2 Marathon last year the water level was so far up it touched the bottom of the oversized fishing net photo-op.
                I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                  There was a thread talking about this a few months back - maybe one of the old DCA Project Trackers? Search is failing me. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure those in the know said that it is drained every night.
                  Yes, it is drained everynight. You can know this because every night during Mickey's Halloween, water is gone from GRR.

Comment

Ooooo--does anyone have a picture? I'm trying to write this up as a "behind-the-scenes" video for a media class.
                    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X