Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exprmnt626's b-day trip report~ w/ GapToothed... and a celebrity guest!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Exprmnt626's b-day trip report~ w/ GapToothed... and a celebrity guest!!!

Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Re: Exprmnt626's b-day trip report~ w/ GapToothed... and a celebrity guest!!!

Brilliant report & The Happiest Birthday on Earth to you!

These are the days that still make the DLR the happiest place on Earth.

Careful with that restraining order...
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Happy B-Day. Nice TR - thanks for sharing

Comment

nice share!...thanks!....
        my heart is yours

Comment

Happy Birthday Great Report....

Move over Dan-Tas-Mic we got another guy with a stitch doll!
          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

LOL, good stuff!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Great TR!!! The food looks yummy....and it looks like you had a GREAT birthday!
              Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
              Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

Happy Birthday and Nice screen name!
                I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol! :ap:

Comment

Great job on your trip report, and the food looks really good!

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Great report and happy birthday!

Comment

Great TR!

Comment

Okay, your photos just made me hungry.

Great TR and Happy Birthday!
                        sigpic
                        Home away from Home.

Comment

So I went to bed on the 4th, and woke up super late at 10:30! We checked out, stored our bags, and took off for a day in the parks. We spent most of the day poking around at DCA, waiting for the demo with Chef Keegan Gerhard. This chef from Boudin Bakery was in before him, making Chicken mole, one of my favourite Mexican dishes:

check out the look on his face!

We lined up for the demo. Not too many people- yet: I caught Gaptoothed mid-smile, I swear.

Before the demo started, Gaptoothed got inspired:

Chef's demo started with an introduction to chocolate. Did you know that the ideal growing zone for cocoa beans is +/- 18 degrees from the Equator?

Chef Keegan made chocolate ganche, a 1:1 ratio of cream to chocolate. Highly useful for many things, like cupcakes, truffles, fondue, and brownies! He intentionally made the cupcake resemble the Hostess version, although this was MUCH better:

After the demo, it was time for the autograph signing and photo op. The PR lady wouldn't let Chef sign my demo notes, but he signed my program and event ticket. Plus, we posed for another photo:

He is much taller in person than I expected him to be. At the demo, he remembered who we were and he almost made the tent sing happy birthday to me...I asked him not to.

We headed to the Mission Tortilla Factory and got a free tortilla...unfortunately no pack of tortillas for me then did the Beer Walk at the Wharf; very yummy!

I did catch this poor fella mid-yawn:

We had fried chicken at PI, then I bought a new pair of pajamas and a hat for Gaptoothed with my giftcard, plus a neat Stitch pin with him on Mulholland Madness and a rolling duffle bag! Soon after it was time to catch the train home, and unwind from a wonderful 2 days at DLR!

THE END!

--nick--
                          Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

I'm not super crazy about fancy foods, but those dishes looked very delicious. Especially the pictures of the various desserts, I have a sweet tooth.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X