Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privacy Policy and Terms of Use

Please review MiceChat's updated Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Links are provided at the bottom of the page. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Hungry Bear Restaurant Revamp/Menu Change

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hungry Bear Restaurant Revamp/Menu Change

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    A serve yourself bar with bacon, cheese and sour cream?

Have you seen the people that frequent Disneyland? They'd eat fistfuls of bacon. cheese and sour cream if it were free.
    :lmao::clap::roll:
    So true.
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

Comment

What is the gluten free status of this restaurant? Probably the chili will be wheat thickened.

Pinocchio's Village Haus is on my do not eat restaurants as they do not sell gluten free buns on their over cooked burgers. As for other burgers I love Taste Pilot's Grill because it is that big burger with fresh toppings unlike Village Haus's over cooked meat on lettuce and bun with packets of mayo, ketchup and mustard.

I will be trying this place out soon and hope it has some gluten free chili as DLR does not sell gluten free chili currently. I am also soy and egg free because of allergens.

It is nice to see some changes on the menu finally.

Comment

Originally posted by mechurchlady View Post
        What is the gluten free status of this restaurant? Probably the chili will be wheat thickened.

Pinocchio's Village Haus is on my do not eat restaurants as they do not sell gluten free buns on their over cooked burgers. As for other burgers I love Taste Pilot's Grill because it is that big burger with fresh toppings unlike Village Haus's over cooked meat on lettuce and bun with packets of mayo, ketchup and mustard.

I will be trying this place out soon and hope it has some gluten free chili as DLR does not sell gluten free chili currently. I am also soy and egg free because of allergens.

It is nice to see some changes on the menu finally.
        Didn't mean to mislead anyone at all...this is an idea only at this point. No actual change to selling exclusively chili has been made. Sorry for any confusion....should have labeled it clearly, armchair imagineering, or such. My bad. Disney has not actually made of the changes listed...all are solely my ideas, not reality.
        when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
          A serve yourself bar with bacon, cheese and sour cream?

Have you seen the people that frequent Disneyland? They'd eat fistfuls of bacon. cheese and sour cream if it were free.
          That can and does happen everywhere. I've walked up to people at Costco filling up their "water cups" with soda and busted them into pouring it out and getting Water. (What part of the words "Water Cup" do you fail to understand? :blink Or worse, they load up on the "Free!" condiments like diced onions and sweet pickle relish to take home for other uses. (This is why they make 2-ounce cups of Sauerkraut now that they give you at the window, they had blatant theft issues when it was out in a warmer with a set of serving tongs.)

The way I see it, if you don't speak up you are condoning theft. Petty theft certainly, but theft none the less.

The burger trimmings bars at Taste Pilots Grill are semi-supervised, but to put out high ticket items like sour cream and cheese would get abused in a heartbeat. They already have people making little Side Salads with all the trimmings out there now - :angel: Not that I would even consider doing anything like that, mind you... :lmao:

The sensible way would be to offer one or two premium add-ons with the menu item, and if you want more they charge 25c to 50c each. They just have to pick a place to draw the line between 'premium condiments' and 'we can put it out at a table and it won't be abused too badly.'

The premium things they can keep in the back, and put on the tray with the order - Sour Cream is readily available in the "triangle packs" prepacked from the Dairy. If they go to a major maker like Hormel and place a big order, prepacks with 1 Oz of crumbled bacon should be easy to get. And what they can't buy pre-packed they can easily package for themselves on-site. Get 1-ounce or 2-ounce plastic souffle cups and lids for things like crumbled bacon, diced onions, sauerkraut, pickle chips or shredded cheese.

They already have the pre-pack peel-top cups for sauces like BBQ Sauce, Creamy Horseradish, and 1000 Island Dressing. And a whole lotta things come in single serving packets like Mayo, Relish and Grey Poupon dijon mustard...

--<< Bruce >>--
          There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post

The sensible way would be to offer one or two premium add-ons with the menu item, and if you want more they charge 25c to 50c each. They just have to pick a place to draw the line between 'premium condiments' and 'we can put it out at a table and it won't be abused too badly.'

The premium things they can keep in the back, and put on the tray with the order - Sour Cream is readily available in the "triangle packs" prepacked from the Dairy. If they go to a major maker like Hormel and place a big order, prepacks with 1 Oz of crumbled bacon should be easy to get. And what they can't buy pre-packed they can easily package for themselves on-site. Get 1-ounce or 2-ounce plastic souffle cups and lids for things like crumbled bacon, diced onions, sauerkraut, pickle chips or shredded cheese.

They already have the pre-pack peel-top cups for sauces like BBQ Sauce, Creamy Horseradish, and 1000 Island Dressing. And a whole lotta things come in single serving packets like Mayo, Relish and Grey Poupon dijon mustard...

--<< Bruce >>--
            Excellent suggestions and great data on this, Bruce....your way totally tops my idea, heh. Thank you for sharing! Definitely the way to go would be to monitor it and have everything pre-portioned...I was picturing little deli/plastic cups of onions and cheese and bacon in recessed metal trays on a napkin station type setup, just didn't get around to actually typing it heh. So that's my bad.

Comment

I like it as is. It's always one of our favorite places to eat.

Comment

I am going to have to dole whip someone for confusing me.

1. It should have lots of soy and gluten free foods. If I can make it a t home then why not at the parks.

2. I want fresh toppings on my burger and real cheese. I could go to Burger King and get lettuce, tomatos, onions, and pickles. Burgers are not about ketchup, picante sauce, mustard, and mayo but about the pickles, onions and produce.

3. I would love to see real food that I can eat. Chili with real pork shoulder sounds good but make it gluten free. I love tater tots and shoestring fries and would love to see that in a restaurant. I would love a pulled pork sandwich or a barbecued ham sandwich.

Do not enclose the restaurant please. I hate the clop clop of people on the boards above me so I avoid the downstairs usually.

Asians were a part of the settling of western America so how about Wang's Peking Duck Wings where you get to eat real duck soup, duck tostada, duck breast sandwich and the infamous Peking duck dinner made by Wang and his brothers. That is a joke, as in what to do with the ducks that are run over by the Mark Twain. A silly replacement for the Hungry Bear Restaurant. I wish they had some Thai food though.

Comment

I like your ideas. I think that not really food, but the designing of the restraunt needs to go. P.S. I love the idea of carved characters on the posts and stuff

Comment

Step 1 is to make the food edible...
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                      Step 1 is to make the food edible...
                      100% agree with you on that.

Comment

Working...
                      X