• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brenden
    Banned User
    • Jun 2007

[Fun] Celebrate! A Street Party: Revisited

So, CASP has been filling the streets of Disneyland for a few months now. Initially, the response was overwhelmingly negative (a pretty popular trend lately) so my question to those who have seen it in person or have got to see a few times is has your opinion about it changed?

I wasn't too crazy about it the first time I saw it, honestly. I thought it was super cheesy and weird to have characters dancing to I Love Rock N Roll and doing the conga. Plus there was SO much going on, there was confetti and streamers and weird stilt walkers and bikes plowing through.

HOWEVER, after catching it a few times, it really grew on me! The last few times I've been to the park, I've made it a point to catch it at some point of the day. The soundtrack's definitely gotten less cheesy and more fun. Every time I watch it, I notice people around me really enjoying themselves and getting into it. The audience interaction is great, something you don't get with traditional parades.

And please, this isn't meant to be a POD vs CASP thread, so can we stay clear of that? And everyone's entitled to their opinions, but I'm specifically asking those who have seen it in person, not via Youtube or whatever.
  • Capt Hook
    Banned User
    • Jun 2006

Re: Celebrate! A Street Party: Revisited

I have seen it three times now and like the first time I still don't like it. The only reason of me seening it for two more times is I had no choice because they had the place I wanted to go to block and I couldn't go around it. Now I got nothing against the dancers I think they do great but the songs with the characters like Alice,Mad Hatter,Peter and Wendy don't work well. I know Mary and Bert are part of it but I haven't seen there show stop. This stuff work better with the Pixar characters then Disney. So to answer your question no I still don't like Celebrate.

Comment

• Coheteboy
      Starcruiser.. crash crash
      MiceChat Moderator
      • Sep 2005

I still don't care for it.

You can pretty much sum up Celebrate with one glance. Characters, dancers, bad singing (two sundays ago).... you see it for one second and you've seen it all.

Any other parade or show, you have to take your time to enjoy the creative set design, the music, the costumes... I really don't get that from 'Celebrate' no matter how many times I've seen it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• Capt Hook
        Banned User
        • Jun 2006

Yeah also the floats for Celebrate is horrable. They could of down better then this. The float they had for Toy Story for Block Party was better desine [ms] then these ones.

Comment

• 2DieFR
          MiceChatter
          • Jun 2005

Celebrate A Street Party doesn't do much for me, but I do recognize that it isn't targeted to my demographic and so I'm kinder toward it than usual for something so hip, edgy, and brash.

I think the music is a much better mix (read: less annoying) than the one in Block Party Bash. The swing and latin segments of the show are the most entertaining. The crowd control issues are unfortunate but comes hand in hand with trying something different. The confetti finale at the end makes so much more sense than the one used at the end of Magical.

The weight of the performance rests on the entertainers, and it cannot be restated enough how great of a job they do in putting on a great show for the guests. The DJs I can do without, however.

Comment

• SCUBAbe
            no flash photography...
            • Jan 2005

I didn't think it was bad. I've only seen it once.

Comment

• hurricanefreak
              Really????
              • Jan 2009

No classic Disney fanfare. This parade or street part would be better as a show starter for Parade of Dreams to get the party pumped up but I truly do not like li because is does not celebrate you or classic Disney characters we truly come to see at Disney parks!!!
              Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

• Donald1980
                Disney is home
                • Aug 2006

When I watch CASP I have fun and find my leg tapping to the music. It also puts a lot of smiles on the faces of both kids and adults. It's entertaining and can be a lot of fun. Especially when we let go of expectations and just enjoy the moment. I love the moments where the audience gets to dance with the performers, cause to me it's magical to see those happy faces on the guests that participate.
                Last edited by Donald1980; 06-08-2009, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Capt Hook
                  Banned User
                  • Jun 2006

Well if you really put it this way. When they do the conga I never see the characters like Mad Hatter,Goofy,Chip or others dance with the kids it's only the dancers dancing with the people of the conga. I have always seen like Alice and Mad Hatter standing on the plquack [ms] forms where the baloons of Donald Mickey Minnie and Goofy are doing the conga so I don't think it's magical to dance with your favorite characters cause u don't dance with them. So that is nothing thing I don't like. With BPB you got to dance with Boo,Sulley, Woody and others.

Comment

• Donald1980
                    Disney is home
                    • Aug 2006

Here is Stitch and Wendy:

Comment

• Capt Hook
                      Banned User
                      • Jun 2006

OK I see it Donald but I still don't care for this parade.

Comment

• Sir.Mouse
                        MiceChatter
                        • Sep 2007

I don't know, there's something fun about dancing in the street.

I say the best way to enjoy CASP is to join the party instead of watching from the sidelines.

Comment

• Neverlandtink
                          Me and Tommy Kirk
                          • May 2005

I'm not one to jump on the negative band wagon, but I can honestly say that this street party is just plain cheap. It's so bare bones. The singers I heard Friday were good, though, and the dancers seemed to have a lot of fun. I'm hoping this is just an off year while Disneyland cooks up a more elaborate parade for next year.

One thing I don't like is seeing Mary Poppins and Bert do the High School Musical type dance steps. It's very out of place.

Comment

• hurricanefreak
                            Really????
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Neverlandtink View Post
                            I'm not one to jump on the negative band wagon, but I can honestly say that this street party is just plain cheap. It's so bare bones. The singers I heard Friday were good, though, and the dancers seemed to have a lot of fun. I'm hoping this is just an off year while Disneyland cooks up a more elaborate parade for next year.

One thing I don't like is seeing Mary Poppins and Bert do the High School Musical type dance steps. It's very out of place.
                            Yep Mary Poppins does not belong there they should replace her with chicken little or some other character
                            Last edited by hurricanefreak; 06-08-2009, 09:30 PM. Reason: opps spellinf
                            Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

• Capt Hook
                              Banned User
                              • Jun 2006

I'm glad they didn't put the Princess in this just think having Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing to the twist or Viva La what ever that song is.

Comment

• RescueTheDay
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                                OK I see it Donald but I still don't care for this parade.
                                It's not a parade. It's a street party!

Comment

• Capt Hook
                                  Banned User
                                  • Jun 2006

It's a parade.

Comment

• disneyguy115
                                    • Jul 2006

OMG, you people who dont like CASP need to not posting Such negative things about it! Ok, we get it, you dont like it, stop posting that over and over!

I for one LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE Celebrate A Street Party! I have the soundtrack and listen to it ... way too much... Ive seen this Streetacular over 20 times in person since it premiered, and have seen it on youtube many more. I dance and celebrate everytime I watch it at the park, We have even made friends with a few of the performers cuz we have seen it so much haha.( for all of you who see me dancin like a crazy person, we watch it by Small world for 7:30 shows) I for one give this Street Party a HUGE thumbs UP! For all you haters, well, I can't use that kind of language here....

Comment

• Stinker Bell
                                      Bonjour Mes Amis
                                      • Jun 2009

I have not seen it yet, but might like to.
                                      Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

Comment

• disneyguy115
                                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Stinker Bell View Post
                                        I have not seen it yet, but might like to.
                                        Its amazing! High energy, and makes you wanna dance and Celebrate! Lifes too short to complain about street party's!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X