Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

May 29-June 2: I Know It's You Saget!: A Kuzcochik Rally Trip Report

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 29-June 2: I Know It's You Saget!: A Kuzcochik Rally Trip Report

nice report..... thanks for the share...
    thanE

Comment

Keep them comin' KC! Lookin good so far!
      sigpic
      Home away from Home.

Comment

Such a wonderful TR, oh how I wish I could go to club 33 once in my life.

Comment

Yet another KC TR and you got to go to Club 33???
          Your so spoiled!
          And I'm so jealous :blush:

Comment

I saw you briefly at the Rally, and so I've been eagerly anticipating your TR. My friend and I went to Club 33 for lunch on the 30th, so it's funny to see how we took some similar photos. (Although it was my partner in crime who took a pic of the potty, not me!)
            sigpicGumball Rally 2015: The Beatle Girls, formerly known as The Beagle Girls

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
              Such a wonderful TR, oh how I wish I could go to club 33 once in my life.
              maybe someday we will babe!

Great TR! as usual! I love them!

Comment

So glad Micechat could eat my post! *grumble*

Anyway, I'm sitting here watching the Three Caballeros in honor of Donald's 75th birthday and I thought I'd update my TR

As for the question of how I got into 33
                Let's just say it was my third cousin's brother's wife's step-niece's great aunt...
                Twice removed....

And if you're not buying that bad use of a reference it was a friend of a friend of a friend etc like with most people.

Anyway, Saturday was time for the infamous Gumball Rally 3.0: This Time It's Personal (or something like that)
                We got up way earlier than I would for most things in life and headed straight for to the Hojo.
                We checked in and a certain Micechatter (who I won't name cause she doesn't play favorites) gave us a lucky pig.

As you can tell, we added a third member to our team this year (last year it was just my dad and I) Darkwing Chuck.
                This pic was stolen from Rixter
                I'm amazed we look this awake

What is to follow is pictures from every ride we rode.
                They are not in the actual order we rode them because a) flickr decided to mess with how it uploaded the pics and b) I don't want to give away our strategy that helped us not win again
                Also, for those who were worried about the suspiciously normal faces in the last part of the TR this should make up for it
                Warning: Lots of the trademark "Kuzcochik Face" to come ^_~

Let's start though where we actually started the Matterhorn (later we learned we rode the wrong side... that was a fun little meltdown about 9 hrs later. Luckily it wasn't a huge deal)

Our intrepid team inside the Temple of the Forbidden Eye

Oh Winnie to Pooh, no one loves you

Inside the Cinema of Main Street looking for answers

Getting ready for a Zip a Dee Doh Dah ride on Splash Mountain

We rode with the team that would eventually take 1st place... guess we should have tripped them or something

Visiting Sleeping Beauty's crib

Spooky things going on in that Haunted Mansion

We even had a meeting with the Big Cheese at his movie barn. We hoped he could give us enough magic to win but apparently Yensid is kinda stingy about that stuff

On the wildest ride in the wilderness: Big Thunder Mountain... apparently it's too wild for Darkwing Chuck

Darkwing Chuck is not amused ad I roll my eyes or stare off into the middle distance or something. I'm probably just tired from a slow boat ride thru Pirates of the Caribbean

On Donald's Boat all you mothers.... admiring Donald's family photos. Nice to know he hides his behind a big net just like us normal people

None of us like Grizzly River Run so here are some sad faces for that, but we'll do anything for Rally points

On Storybookland. Darkwing Chuck loves Tink btw and doesn't think they use her too much in parks, merch, tv, etc!!

Blurry pic near Goofy's bounce house (seriously what purpose does this area serve?)

Luckily we had just enough time to grab a Dole Whip before sitting down for the Tiki Room (cause seriously, Rally or not, who can do Tiki w/out a Whip?)

Some really bad eggs on a raft to Pirate's Lair

Warming my pipes up for some California Screamin (on such a summer's day)

At that point I think the Rally was getting to us (that and we're just normally nuts)

Something's afoot in Minnie's House (the answer to another question actually)

Practicing our shot at the Frontierland Shooting Gallery

Someone needs to tell my dad that's no way to increase team moral

Not sure what made us laugh in line for Tower of Terror. It also caused me to want to eat my hand

Lots of rides are scary at Disneyland... even the dreaded Gadget's Go Coaster!!! (also: My dad says "no pictures please!")

Something fishy's going on on Star Tours... could it be that big scary HAND OVER MY HEAD!!!!!

Sadly, the Club 33 Wannabe's were left in the forest because they were deemed to animal like to live among humans... also we had a weird skipper who decided that the quantity of jokes was better than quality. he didn't let any of them land and it was just one after the other. Lame

Listening to Kronk Patrick tell us about how we will be Soarin Over California

Another pointless place... I mean Chip and Dale's Tree House

Making our way up to Tarzan's casa

We're pollinators... (the CM at Tough to Be a Bug actually laughed at Darkwing Chuck and I for singing/daning along... we're dorks)

Zoned out at the Main Street Train Station

You are now entering Monstropolis and joining Mike & Sulley to the Rescue

Again, pressure's getting to us... or it's just that annoying song

Remember that story behind the subject line I promised here it is:
                When we made it to Midway Mania we waited the fun 40 minutes we had to wait. As we reached the load dock we spied a plaid (guest service CM) riding the ride and jokingly said he must be w/ someone famous.
                As the car turned around we saw who he was guiding. I looked at Darkwing Chuck and said "Was that Bob Saget?" He agreed but we had no way to confirm it. (until I saw Darkbeer's pics of him later)
                For the rest of the trip all plaids were leading Saget (in our head). We even did it in hollywood when some random guy honked at us.
                Probably funnier to us than anyone else
                Anyway, here are the midway maniacs

On Autopia which is lame and a waste of time

The guys don't like it either

On a Daring Jouney With Pinnochio (apparently I'm totally over it)

A Cartoon Spin with Roger

And a final intergalactic space battle with Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters (where DC got his highest score ever but we didn't have time to document it)

With Buzz under our belt we were cutting it close and so we had to hurry back to the Hojo. Note my hurrying face

Hooray for speed walking and long legs

We made it back to the hotel and were deemed the last team to make it before the 8pm deadline. My dad decided that was our crowning glory this time around.
                We went to the party, ate pizza, tried not to fall asleep, didn't win any door prizes and didn't make it into the top 3. Oh well, there's always next year.

Not even kidding, we were discussing strategy on the way back to the hotel that very night.

But that's it for Sat and the Rally.
                Some more coming up though as we were in the park Sunday too and there's a bit of Monday and Tuesday for you as well ^_^
                More soon

Comment

Looks like you had a great time at the rally. And who wants normal faces in pictures? It's DisneyLand!

Comment

AWESOME!! Goota love the classic KC Facial Expressions!!! You are my God(dess), KC!!!

Comment

Can't get enough of the KC trip reports! It was a pleasure talking to your team on the way over to DL the day of the Rally, as the group walking on the opposite side of the street!
                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

God I love the KC trip reports!!!

Comment

Excellent trip report! The highlight for my daughter was the picture of Club 33's toilet. Kids...I tellya!

Comment

Stupid 3 legged pig did not bring the luck I wanted to you. Next year you get my lucky under-roos .

I'm ready for Sunday now, please.
                            sigpic

Comment

Love looking at club 33 !
                              -------------------------------------------
                              I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Comment

Nice conclusion, KC, and it was very nice seeing you at the Gumball Rally this Sunday! I think you did well, and yes, it sucks not getting into the Top 3. But I like the idea that you are already planning for next year!

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X