This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Architecture or Scenery?

I'm going through many of my old Disneyland photos and I came across one of my old favorites of the Matterhorn. Since I'm renaming them (according to classification, i.e., flower, animal, sculpture, etc.) I wanted to classify that photo. And I realized I wasn't sure where it belonged.

How would you classify this photo:

Is this scenery or architecture? Looking at it, my immediate response is scenery but then you realize (not valuing the magic here) it's a 14 story building.

The same goes for other features such as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Grizzly Peak, or even Splash Mountain. How would you classify those?

Re: Architecture or Scenery?

I would say "landmark" since many people have fond childhood memories of trying to be the first one to spot the Matterhorn from the freeway when they were headed to Disneyland!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by horse_bunny View Post
      Is this scenery or architecture?

The same goes for other features such as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Grizzly Peak, or even Splash Mountain. How would you classify those?
      Why not just classify them all as mountains? If not, then scenery.
      ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Comment

I agree with techskip- It's definitely a landmark.

Comment

Scenic architecture.

No, but seriously, you're getting at a really interesting issue that contributes to making theme parks so interesting. There's a lot of architecture that looks nothing like architecture. Splash Mountain is a particularly interesting one.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X